PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some trees or bushes

dozy
15-Jul-14, 18:26
Hi ,I'm looking for some trees or bushes that can fill a 20x4ft area next to a 6ft fence . Would like some 3or4ft plants that are quick growing and will fill in the gaps. If you have or know were to get some PM me will details . Many thanks

susie
16-Jul-14, 04:28
What direction does the planting area face, how is the soil, what was there before and where are you?

bagpuss
16-Jul-14, 13:10
I have some young sycamores free to dig up and take away from a garden in Wick (parent trees have had babies and the seedlings are proliferating). You are also welcome to come and take cuttings of the shrubs- a huge clematis at front of the house and mature bushes

dozy
16-Jul-14, 15:06
Bag puss. Many thanksSorry ,but I believe that sycamores can't be planted in town or within 60 ft of any building . They are a forest tree ,my neighbour had one and it cost him dear to have to removed. Thanks.

bagpuss
16-Jul-14, 16:55
Thank you for letting me know that- I live outside the town, but where the trees are the parent trees predate the house- a 1920s semi. You are welcome to take cuttings from the shrubs however, as long as I can let the tenant know to expect you