PDA

View Full Version : E-bay driving me mad!! HELP!!

neepnipper
13-Apr-05, 11:56
I've been trying to list some items on e-bay to sell, which I've done many times with out a problem where I used to live.

I can get so far and then I keep getting 'page cannot be displayed', I go back and try again but time after time it won't display the next page, then out of the blue it will display it. It's just taken me an hour to list one item! When I refresh the page it says 'input error' on an e-bay page, but I've done nothing incorrectly.

Is this an e-bay problem (can't find it listed on their problem solving page), my computer or the BT line?

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciaited!! [disgust]

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
13-Apr-05, 12:37
can't understand whats wrong , shouldnt be a computer/phone problem , but then on the other hand e-bay seems to be working fine for me today!!

However have a quick check to see if there are any system messages saying they are doing maintenance work or something?

BTW is your name neepnipper on ebay too? ive a feeling you bidded on something of mine!!!

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
13-Apr-05, 12:39
also - are you on aol ? if yo uare and you're using their internet - try using internet explorer might be an aol fault i get that sometimes

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
13-Apr-05, 13:00
in fact - neepnipper you won an item of mine yesterday , just about to go and post it now from aberdeen but i will be in caithness tomorrow, can i drop it off at your house (i have your address from paypal) tomorrow afternoon? (ps - its on my road home from aberdeen anyway)

many thanks!

SonyaA
13-Apr-05, 13:03
Hi Neepnipper
I have also been having similar problems since I changed over to Broadband. It seems to be that as soon as you try to upload the listing the page show 'cannot be displayed'. The only way that I can get around the prob is to disconnect, unplug the modem then reconnect then click 'refresh', which will connect you again, then it will go. So much for Broadband being faster!!!!! Have been told by ISP that the problems occur with the old BT lines, they are ok for dialup, fax etc but cannot cope with the amount of info being passed through the line with Broadband. Apparently BT are in the process of redoing everyones lines but meantime we have to 'put up' with the probs. Personally I wish I had known that the lines weren't up to the job in the first place, I would have kept my old dial up connection going-slower but more reliable! :roll:
Hope this has been of help :D
Cheers, Sonic

neepnipper
13-Apr-05, 14:28
I havn't got broadband, can't get it where I am. I checked e-bay to see if they were doing maintenance but again, no. We've just had the telephone cable replaced to take more lines so I just don't know. I'm with Wanadoo, rang them, they said change my security settings but that didn't do any good. I feel like the bloke on the tv ad for broadband, waiting.....waiting.....waiting....AHHHHHH!!

SonyaA
13-Apr-05, 15:23
I feel like the bloke on the ad too sometimes :lol: and I'm on broadband!! I have noticed that probs like this seem to occur when a lot of people are on the ebay site- the worst time to upload is about 7.30pm to 9.30pm, the weekends are a nightmare also. Maybe this might be something to do with it?
Also forgot- when you refresh your page and it show 'Input Error' this is because of a timeout on the original page, its something to do with you being logged in with your password, like a security measure, so avoid this happening by disconnecting and reconnecting BEFORE refreshing your page.
I don't know if any of this helps but I've found out the hard way that much of it is try try again!
Cheers, Sonic

daviddd
13-Apr-05, 19:59
We've been on Broadband a few months and manage to get Ebay OK most days.

Riffman
13-Apr-05, 21:23
Don't bother listing on fridays, they do work on the site and it is too slow. Also has anyone else lost the WYSIWYG editor and only got the HTML one, very annoying for me.