PDA

View Full Version : Fit a Replacement Shower Unit

Kodiak
11-Jul-14, 17:08
Does anyone know of a good person to remove an old shower unit and then to refit the a new one that I have.

I have tried sending e-mail to some listed in the Business section but I either have had no reply or the e-mail address is no longer active.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

grumpyhippo
11-Jul-14, 18:02
I've used Jim Sangster from Halkirk for both plumbing and electrical jobs and found very him to be very good. A nice guy to deal with and does a good job.

smithp
11-Jul-14, 18:22
That's a pretty easy quick job to do, can you not try it yourself? Youtube it. Not surprised no ones replied there's not much in it.

jacko
11-Jul-14, 19:09
easy enough unless it s a heavier load shower unit and then the wire & the circuit breaker has to be upgraded.

Kodiak
11-Jul-14, 19:42
25 or even 15 years ago I might have attempted to, but I know that I am not capable to even try. So I really do need someone to do this for me.

Do you have a contact number for Jim Sangster? No need now as I have found him, good ole Mr Google came to the rescue :)

orkneycadian
12-Jul-14, 11:32
Aye, he's a top bloke is Mr Google. One day, he might even put 'e org out of business! ;)

Kodiak
16-Jul-14, 11:00
I've used Jim Sangster from Halkirk for both plumbing and electrical jobs and found very him to be very good. A nice guy to deal with and does a good job.

Thank you for this Information as not only was it accurate it has proved very useful.

I Phoned Mr Jim Sangster on Monday, he came around that evening to see what had to be done and he gave me a quote which I accepted. He advised me he would phone me on the day he could do the work required as he was not 100% sure of his work load but it would it would not be more than three days as it was not a big job..

The very next day, Tuesday, he phoned and and he arrived just after 12 Noon and he started work right away. Very shortly the old shower was out and the new one was in and all the electrics were checked over in the fuse board. He was very pleasant, clean and tidy worker and the little mess he made was completely removed. An excellent job all round, done very swiftly too and Mrs Kodiak is a very Happy Person.

poppett
16-Jul-14, 11:37
Glad you and Mrs K are happy with Jim`s workmanship. We have not used him ourselves, but have heard some very good reports.