PDA

View Full Version : Hermes!

thetickledhippo
02-Jul-14, 22:31
whoever delivers for Hermes within the Lybster area please note that I gave precise directions to my address and my mobile number, none of which you seem to have taken any notice as now the tracking says my parcel was left in my porch at 21.33. Just one slight problem there I DO NOT have a PORCH. Where is my parcel and my didn't you ring my mobile which has been on and working with full reception all day?

orkneycadian
02-Jul-14, 22:56
Congratulations! Your are the starter of 'e orgs 1000th thread moaning about the poor service the Highlands and Islands get from carriers and couriers.

And, to the dismay of some no doubt, this is probably the 1000th posting suggesting that if you use the Royal Mail / Parcelforce, you won't have these hassles....

Bobinovich
02-Jul-14, 23:05
I know of many companies where you get NO CHOICE who delivers your parcels & packages...they have their own deals, take it or leave it!

orkneycadian
02-Jul-14, 23:08
And you, as the customer, have the option to pick and choose who you buy your goods from. If they use a carrier, then they lose!

Dadie
02-Jul-14, 23:16
Hermes suck big time...yes parcel delivered status ..nope ..3 days later in wheelie bin before bin pickup that day...hmmn parcel?? recycled before opened?
Or parcel returned to depot as no one in...yet in all day etc
But they are cheap ...unreliable and not on time doesnt count as we are in the minority and dont affect the statistics ...much if at all!

leagrave
03-Jul-14, 08:08
Up to 2kg in the Highlands .. and to be honest most of the UK, I have found RM to be unbeatable unless I want a next day service.

Hermes are not that much cheaper .. if indeed they are cheaper. The problem most companies have is that RM usually entails a trip to a Post Office and they'd rather have stuff collected.

Some of the firms I suggest use RM once it gets into the nether regions as a delivery address.

I spend about £1200 per month with the Royal Mail and rarely get issues.. appreciate some purchases can't be made using RM because they choose a low level carrier. I'm surprised that the guy or girl from Hermes doesn't try to be a bit more personal as there are so few people up there, they could make their lives easier .. only proviso is that you need to make their life easier too.

One ebay customer I have now blocked - his about me page follows... 35 negative neutrals left for sellers since January .. I rallied them all together and ebay removed them.. some of it is OK but demonstrates the behaviour he probably has with his Postman/woman and carriers. They're not going to be flexible with him .. because he has no flexibility with others.

Clutterance

Hi,
Thanks for looking at my 'about me' page.
Who am I? Im a bit of a hoarder who randomly sells some of the interesting things Ive hoarded now and again.
When I sell you something I guarantee to provide the item I have listed, send it by the means specified and it will be despatched in the time stated.
These guarantees are part of my personal mission statement. Frankly it isnt difficult to simply send the item you list in the manner you state and in the timescale you specify.
As a buyer you will find my requirements just as exacting, ie; I will expect to receive the item listed, sent to me via the means stated and within the time specified.
I do have a zero tolerance approach as hopefully this might just make any sellers out there who offer less than an ideal level of service think about how they run their business.
I wont apologize for this as I honestly feel that by 'letting people off' will only lead to more and more lazy and inaccurate selling.
If you honestly feel that my demands are over the top then I probably wont want to deal with you anyway.
Feedback- As a buyer, I will ONLY leave feedback once the seller leaves some for me, there will be no exceptions to this. I have done my part by paying for the item, there is nothing more I can do. Also, neutral feedback is NOT negative, it simply displays that im not annoyed nor am I happy, if youre not sure of the meaning, buy a dictionary!
Feedback- As a seller, I will endeavour to leave feedback the moment Im aware of payment being made, I specifically choose not to use an automated system as I prefer to have a personal input. I guarantee feedback will be left prior to me despatching the item. I have nothing to hide and im 100% confident that my item is what it says it is and will be delivered in the specified time. If I fail in any area I deserve and expect appropriate feedback.
Over 90% of my purchases go perfectly well, without need to leave any form of poor feedback.
If you as a seller do get it wrong, frankly I will not send items back, just learn my lesson and not deal with you again. I only ever ask for a refund if I do not receive the item at all.
Please note, sellers, it is 100% your responsibility to ensure the item gets to me personally, please do not allow couriers/royal mail etc to 'leave it with a neighbour', you dont know my neighbours and mostly neither do I!
Note also, most of the sellers I have left negatives or neutrals for, mine are not the first ones they have received, whereas I dont have any, just 100% positive feedback. As I do what I say.
Ebay is a simple tool to help people buy and sell, lets keep it that way!

thetickledhippo
03-Jul-14, 10:31
I paid for tracking and when I meant tracking I meant from place of collection to my door not somebody else's, not a porch that I don't have or wheelie bin (which is not kept outside anyway) or a shed (again haven't got). I am paying for a service that I am not receiving. I gave detailed directions and my mobile number and what did I get in return no parcel and complete contempt from the courier.

leagrave
03-Jul-14, 11:27
I paid for tracking and when I meant tracking I meant from place of collection to my door not somebody else's, not a porch that I don't have or wheelie bin (which is not kept outside anyway) or a shed (again haven't got). I am paying for a service that I am not receiving. I gave detailed directions and my mobile number and what did I get in return no parcel and complete contempt from the courier.

I'm not sure if that was directed at me .. I never made any specific critique of your position. I was suggesting that the Hermes people perhaps didn't do as well as they should and I am surprised they don't make the extra effort.

thetickledhippo
03-Jul-14, 15:57
no it wasn't aimed at you, just want to clarify my whinging

orkneycadian
03-Jul-14, 19:48
and to be honest most of the UK, I have found RM to be unbeatable unless I want a next day service.

Up here, Royal Mail are the only ones that can (sometimes) provide a next day service. Depends on the luck of the draw. But if its not 1 day, its 2 or 3 at the most. With carriers, it 2 or 3 weeks as the norm.

Big Gaz
03-Jul-14, 19:54
Up here, Royal Mail are the only ones that can (sometimes) provide a next day service. Depends on the luck of the draw. But if its not 1 day, its 2 or 3 at the most. With carriers, it 2 or 3 weeks as the norm.

with crappy carriers its the norm....I use AJG in Inverness and always get my packages delivered on time and in perfect condition. Can't fault them at all for their good service and good pricing.

leagrave
03-Jul-14, 20:07
I could be wrong but AJG will end up delivering for many of the carriers that might be chosen further south for heavier parcels.

I suspect for smaller parcels you may end up being delivered by RM

Hermes have delivery guys/gals from their catalogue business .. they're just piggy backing their normal catalogue deliveries... as I see it.

It's why it can take a while because they need to collect enough orders to make the trips .. in the south no big deal .. there's always something to deliver.

Steve