PDA

View Full Version : Building a new house

lulu87
02-Jul-14, 11:56
Hi
Im looking for advise and recommendations on architects to use in the area for a self-build house we are planning. Any one with good or bad experiences of any?.......would be good to hear from.

Thanks

Kodiak
02-Jul-14, 12:30
Have a look at this Company who will do everything for you, Design, Plan, Build etc. Also they are Scottish and are in Inverness.

http://www.roy-homes.com/index.htm

orkneycadian
02-Jul-14, 23:01
If they build it for you, then surely its not self build anymore?

Kodiak
02-Jul-14, 23:17
If they build it for you, then surely its not self build anymore?

You have done it again, jumped in without reading all on the web page that I linked to. If you had you would have read that it would be perfectly possible to a complete self build through them. Getting them to build is only one option, another is to design a house exactly the way you want it.

poppett
08-Jul-14, 16:30
I have seen some of Roy Construction work when I lived down the line. Their standards are very high, unlike Green and Cameron one of the more local options. MM Miller in Wick have a good reputation for building work with a high standard of finish.

meu04223
21-Jul-14, 12:59
It would be worth asking for info from Craigie Joinery, they design and provide (and erect) kits etc. email: craigievxr@hotmail.co.uk

samanthaflax02
22-Jul-14, 13:10
While building a new home you have to concern an well establish constructer as he have depth knowledge in construction and you can also consult with your friends and relatives that who is the best constructor it helps you to find the unique one while hiring him you must check his standard of working .