PDA

View Full Version : Watchdog

poppett
30-Jun-14, 20:11
Watchdog this week on BBC1 are investigating the Nutriberry Slim scam.

Have you been affected by this scam? ... where you are offered their product for a free trial, but in the small print there are massive payments to be made monthly if you do not cancel in a certain way, but the Company will not answer their customer services helpline or receive emails to enable you to do this. If you send the product back by recorded delivery without a merchandise return number obtained from the Company they still refuse to cancel and most recently they have refused to accept any recorded delivery mail.

If so please check out the Watchdog website. There is a page for comments of how you were scammed and if your bank is helping you get your money back.

In my case the first I knew of the product was an email telling me my free trial was being shipped soon. I had no idea what they were talking about, but on checking it out online discovered it was part of a multi-national scam which has been ongoing for many months using celebrities to push it on facebook etc., I am lucky because I have hard evidence to prove I did not request the product and the bank has passed my case along to the fraud investigators. Some people have lost almost £100 a month for many months before they realised what was happening and by that time was out of the cancellation time.

If you know anyone else affected by this scam, please point them to Watchdog.

orkneycadian
02-Jul-14, 23:07
Some suggestions;

If something looks too good to be true, then it probably is
Don't give your bank or credit card details to just anyone. Cash is safer
£100 a month will buy a lot of salad. Or you could just eat less.

poppett
03-Jul-14, 07:35
Personally I did not show any interest in their adverts or click on their advertising links. First I knew was an email from them saying free trial was being sent. There have been a lot of people tempted by their advertising, some of them solicitors and bankers. Still waiting to find out where they got card details from, but the Bank fraud department is on to this. I consider myself to be one of the lucky ones as they did not get a vast amount of money and as I can prove I did not place the order I will eventually get the postage and packing costs refunded.

I agree with your suggestions, if the cap fits.