PDA

View Full Version : Petition for Tesco to build at Mart

Kodiak
30-Jun-14, 12:40
A Online Petition has been started aimed at Tesco to try to get them to start building at the Mart. Will it do any good? I do not know but it sure won't do any harm. I have signed it and I have pasted the link to the petition below in case any Orger would like to sign it as well.

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/makeover-our-mart-in-thurso?bucket&source=facebook-share-button&time=1404127412

budgeJ
30-Jun-14, 13:34
How bizarre. In most other places the locals get up a petition to STOP Tesco building and taking trade away from local stores. It's a funny world.

Alrock
30-Jun-14, 15:09
All the signatures collected with campaign support the notion that you should landscape the mart to make the community of Thurso a more beautiful place.

The petition should be to either build or sell (at a realistic price), landscaping it is still land banking.

Big Gaz
30-Jun-14, 15:29
"landscape the mart to make the community of Thurso a more beautiful place" - Just how do you polish a turd??.

Tesco should sell up and let another supermarket build on there or give the land to the council to let them decide.

mi16
30-Jun-14, 15:41
"landscape the mart to make the community of Thurso a more beautiful place" - Just how do you polish a turd??.

Tesco should sell up and let another supermarket build on there or give the land to the council to let them decide.

you cannot polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.
If you think they will sell to a competitor or gift to the HC then you are delusional.

If they could be persuaded return to a green field then that would be the best possible outcome for all concerned.

Alrock
30-Jun-14, 15:56
If you think they will sell to a competitor or gift to the HC then you are delusional.

That's why we need a reform of "Compulsory Purchase" legislation to make it easier for the council to force through the sale to a competitor.

mi16
30-Jun-14, 16:05
Is there a competitor that has expressed an interest in the site?

Alrock
30-Jun-14, 16:10
Is there a competitor that has expressed an interest in the site?

That I don't know, but if it was available one might come forward & express an interest, as of now what's the point in expressing an interest in something you have no hope of getting...

mi16
30-Jun-14, 17:11
That I don't know, but if it was available one might come forward & express an interest, as of now what's the point in expressing an interest in something you have no hope of getting...

or alternatively look back to the land being owned pre Tesco, who was in for it then as a dis used auction mart?

garel
30-Jun-14, 19:30
Didn't myth busters polish a variety of turds?:eek:

Mr P Cannop
30-Jun-14, 19:39
tesco tell people nothing but lies