PDA

View Full Version : Please help

attidude9464
11-Mar-07, 10:40
On Friday 9th March a very old, creamy brown coloured cocker spaniel type dog was found in the Watten area. She was in a terrible state, having been outside all night and when found was suffering from the cold. She looks to have had a stroke or something as she walks with a lean to one side. This poor old girl has no teeth left and her tongue sticks out of her mouth most of the time. She has some sight but not much and her hearing is very poor. I cant believe that someone has abandoned this poor old girl but if anyone knows who might own this dog or has any information about her then please can you contact the SSPCA on 01847861386 Thank you

cuddlepop
11-Mar-07, 21:26
Brought this back up and hopefully someone will claim ownership or at least know someone whose connected to this poor dog:(
Perhapse it should be on the pets thread too.

GEORGE123
11-Mar-07, 21:47
tess is her name and she is my dog.she is well looked after and she is 17 year old she has had dtroke and she did get all her teeth out.and there were lots of people out looking for her.if our so called village warrden told the person who found the dog it would have never of got to the point in her being put to ballmore.my dog is loved very much.and my childeren were very upset wen she went missing.and she is doing very well now.and just to say thank you to ballmore who took care off her.

justine
11-Mar-07, 21:59
tess is her name and she is my dog.she is well looked after and she is 17 year old she has had dtroke and she did get all her teeth out.and there were lots of people out looking for her.if our so called village warrden told the person who found the dog it would have never of got to the point in her being put to ballmore.my dog is loved very much.and my childeren were very upset wen she went missing.and she is doing very well now.and just to say thank you to ballmore who took care off her.

hi thee.I am so glad that you and your children were reuinited with tess.....I bet you missed her so.....may she have a longer happy life.....:lol:

lin
11-Mar-07, 22:00
Glad to hear you got your dog back George 123. It must have been a worrying time for you and your family. Happy ending:)

GEORGE123
11-Mar-07, 22:01
thanks yeah we did all miss her shes a fighter.

cuddlepop
11-Mar-07, 22:01
I am so glad there's a happy ending to this story George.Glad you were all reunited.:)
My elderly dog toothless too,all those stones she wanted thrown cost her her teeth in later life.

Cinders392
11-Mar-07, 22:04
Assumptions are dangerous. We are human and are all guilty of this. Old dogs get confused and lost. My mothers dog is on its last legs, going blind etc and went missing after they moved home. Someone found her a mile from the new house, looked at the collar and took it back to the old house. After calling the number on collar my mother got her back. She was very grateful to the kind gentleman.
A similar thing happened to my partners parents. The police was called as someone assumed because the dog couldnt walk as it was being beaten. However when the police came they were informed of the dogs age 17 and that it had suffered a stroke too causing its ill state. This was years ago before RSPCA.
Frightning for the families.

attidude9464
12-Mar-07, 19:29
Just wanted to say that I am glad that the dog has been reunited with her family. I am sure they were very worried about her.