PDA

View Full Version : Motivation

sweetpea
10-Mar-07, 22:54
I've been procastnating and putting things off a lot lately, not like I usually do. What could help motivate me to do all the jobs I have to do? I'm able to do what I want but can't seem to get the enthusiasm. Any tips to get me going?

rockchick
10-Mar-07, 22:57
Two tips...

1) Break each job down into smaller bits...and get each bit done, one at a time

2) Think of how much it will cost to get someone else to do those jobs for you...and what you could do with that money if you don't have to spend it on someone else!

of course, there's always 3)

Imagine that your mother-in-law (substitute as necessary) has just called...they're coming up to stay with you for a week, and they'll be there in 2 hours...imagine what you can get done in that time!

cuddlepop
10-Mar-07, 23:00
Not until the 20th of April ,then certain planets move forward andyou'll feel alot more like getting up and going.
Until then everything seems to be going or not as the case may be.;)

rockchick
10-Mar-07, 23:08
Not until the 20th of April ,then certain planets move forward andyou'll feel alot more like getting up and going.
Until then everything seems to be going or not as the case may be.;)

So its not until you move into Taurus that things start happening, right? laff..figures that it takes a Taurus to move things along...!

p.s. not that I'm taurus or anything...laff...

Ricco
11-Mar-07, 11:59
Two tips...

1) Break each job down into smaller bits...and get each bit done, one at a time

2) Think of how much it will cost to get someone else to do those jobs for you...and what you could do with that money if you don't have to spend it on someone else!

of course, there's always 3)

Imagine that your mother-in-law (substitute as necessary) has just called...they're coming up to stay with you for a week, and they'll be there in 2 hours...imagine what you can get done in that time!

I fully agree with Rockchick - break the job down into smaller bits. Also, set yourself some realistic targets with timescales. Define a treat for once the job is complete.

badger
11-Mar-07, 23:21
I'm exactly the same - at least when it comes to housework which I hate. Breaking it up into bits is good but a few bribes help as well - give yourself regular breaks with maybe a coffee and favourite small biccy. Feet up with the newspaper. Then off to the next job with the nice prospect of another break after. I find the gap between breaks gets longer as I get into the job. Sad really. :roll:

JAWS
11-Mar-07, 23:25
I've been procastnating and putting things off a lot lately, not like I usually do. What could help motivate me to do all the jobs I have to do? I'm able to do what I want but can't seem to get the enthusiasm. Any tips to get me going?Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow. Tomorrow you may not need to do it!

changilass
11-Mar-07, 23:28
Now that is the sort of advice I can follow quiet happliy Jaws:lol: