PDA

View Full Version : Curves vs Stick Thin

rockchick
10-Mar-07, 22:45
Right, guys, lets here from you!

What do you prefer? Women with a bit of curves? Women with ALOT of curves...or very slim women?

Answers on the back of a postcard please! Grin

Blazing Sporrans
10-Mar-07, 22:51
Women with curves are a must for me.... This size zero, heroin chic look does nothing for me whatsoever. In fact, my wife's physique is ideal (nothing to do with the fact she's sitting on the arm of the chair beside me as I type this) [lol] [lol]

Bobinovich
10-Mar-07, 22:53
No contest! Curvy has it every time.

sweetpea
10-Mar-07, 22:56
Yeah but what do you mean by curves? Little love handles or big flaps of flesh?

rockchick
10-Mar-07, 23:01
Its not for me to define...its for the guys!

I know what *I* prefer...but I dont look at ladies that way. Maybe guys see us differently. So...I ask! What do you guys like?

The_man_from_del_monte
10-Mar-07, 23:05
Thin and petite :Razz

golach
10-Mar-07, 23:06
Definately a size 12 to 14 for me and a D cup [lol]

philupmaboug
10-Mar-07, 23:06
All "round" sence of humour beats a "thin" smile any day.

curves get my vote.

Bobinovich
10-Mar-07, 23:18
OK TBH I don't mind if they're big curves or just curves. My wife is a cuddly size and she gets plenty of those! I will admit to prefering ample bosoms and round bums but, in general, appreciate the curvy female form in most of it's guises.

Tristan
10-Mar-07, 23:24
Sexy. fit, curves just like Mrs T!

Jeemag_USA
10-Mar-07, 23:25
Give me curves and love handles anyday!!!

Blazing Sporrans
10-Mar-07, 23:41
Definately a size 12 to 14 for me and a D cup [lol]
Sounds just like the adorable Mrs B except she's a C cup. You can have too much of a good thing you know [lol]

baggie boy
11-Mar-07, 00:23
i prefer women who are a size 12-16. these size zero women are just not sexy. im sorry if i offend anybody but i like boobs and bums not seeing ribs or forearms sticking out.

JAWS
11-Mar-07, 03:44
Fancy a size 0 stick insect? Not even when I was in my teens. I'm still trying to work out why people raved over Twiggy. She looks more attractive now, even at the age she is, than she did in the 1960s. Do models still have their molars removed to get that "hollow cheek" look?

I make exception for those women who are naturally very slim. I reserve my irritation for those models and actresses who are not naturally that shape and who encourage young girls and women to starve and risk damaging themselves in order to achieve it.

To my mind it is the equivalent of trying to persuade boys and young men that they should be aiming to have a body shape like Super Heavyweight Weight-lifters.
Eat up lads, 5,000 calories a day and you’ll look great! :eek:

fred
11-Mar-07, 10:56
I'm a legs man myself, I don't like them too fat and I don't like them too thin, I go for something in between.

tip top
11-Mar-07, 11:12
I'm a legs man myself, I don't like them too fat and I don't like them too thin, I go for something in between.

Ho Ho
The old ones ARE the old ones :roll:

bigjjuk
11-Mar-07, 11:16
Size 10 - 14 is ideal for me, u cant beat a nice bum on a lady. This should question should be asked to the gilrs about men too. The like a fit guy or a man with "curves".

Ricco
11-Mar-07, 11:40
Sorry, sticks belong in trees. It has to be curvy - around size 12-14. :D

©Amethyst
11-Mar-07, 12:07
lol, i know that this is really a thread for the guys. But I'm gonna throw in my tuppence worth anyway. From what you guys are saying, there's no hope for women who have weight problems such as myself. I'm a size 6 and cannae gain weight... been trying to for a few years now. I eat several big meals a week. By big I mean... eat 'til I almost explode. Anyway - I've always been really quite (hate to say it...) jealous of women who have slight curves. They usually are the prettier ones.

This should question should be asked to the gilrs about men too. The like a fit guy or a man with "curves".

Can't stand skinny men. I don't know why, I'm just not attracted to them. My partner has the perfect physique. Muscular... bt not too muscular... and the way I cook those big meals (have a habbit of cooking too much food) he's put weight on since we started seeing each other (will be 1 yr in 10 days)... I love the way his belly's that little bit cuddlier than it used to be.

connieb19
11-Mar-07, 12:11
I'd prefer if a blokie was a bit overweight rather than underweight. :confused

Ricco
11-Mar-07, 12:17
lol, i know that this is really a thread for the guys. But I'm gonna throw in my tuppence worth anyway. From what you guys are saying, there's no hope for women who have weight problems such as myself. I'm a size 6 and cannae gain weight... been trying to for a few years now. I eat several big meals a week. By big I mean... eat 'til I almost explode. Anyway - I've always been really quite (hate to say it...) jealous of women who have slight curves. They usually are the prettier ones.

Can't stand skinny men. I don't know why, I'm just not attracted to them. My partner has the perfect physique. Muscular... bt not too muscular... and the way I cook those big meals (have a habbit of cooking too much food) he's put weight on since we started seeing each other (will be 1 yr in 10 days)... I love the way his belly's that little bit cuddlier than it used to be.

Amethyst - if that is a picture of you then you have absolutely nothing to worry about. You look gorgeous! The problem with a thread such as this is that it invites people's 'normal' concepts. However, the entire issue is much more complex than merely asking men about their ideal opinions. Yes, the size '0' models are largely (or should that perhaps be smally?) not appealing - doesn't mean they aren't pretty. And, of course, there is no place for commenting on their personality.

If I met you I would no doubt be bowled over and joining the other salvering male beasts gathered around.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/Ricco_T/u13800570.jpg ;)

noodle
11-Mar-07, 16:54
[lol] I'm size 12-14 but most people say I'm skinny, so I don't know where I would fit in the skinny-curvy continuum...

..And I can't put on weight either, I recently lost some without trying and got quite worried, I'm not underweight for my height, but only just. And I eat loads too - in fact I often out-eat everyone else!

I've had people scoff at me when I've said I'm concerned, they don't realise that weight worries can happen if you are curvy and trying to lose weight or like a pencil and trying to keep it on....

peedie
11-Mar-07, 18:52
WOO! i'm size 14 this is music to my ears! [lol] i'm not naturally skinny, i've always sat at size 12-14 kinda area! i'm decidedly pear shaped!

©Amethyst
12-Mar-07, 00:02
Amethyst - if that is a picture of you then you have absolutely nothing to worry about. You look gorgeous! The problem with a thread such as this is that it invites people's 'normal' concepts. However, the entire issue is much more complex than merely asking men about their ideal opinions. Yes, the size '0' models are largely (or should that perhaps be smally?) not appealing - doesn't mean they aren't pretty. And, of course, there is no place for commenting on their personality.

If I met you I would no doubt be bowled over and joining the other salvering male beasts gathered around.

Thank you, although my opinion on the picture varies from yours a bit. lol

Introducing the whole size zero thing was a huge mistake. Instead of weightwatchers meetings being full, there'll be lots of 12 yr olds starving themselves to look like their fave celebs... sorry, I just cannot stand that size zero concept.

Pretty girls, big or little, are usually bright. And the ones that act dumb probably do because they're not confident enough to let their knowlege shine through (even if it is only an extensive knowlege of jimmy choo's and nothing else).

Not many 'salvering male beasts' around these days... just Mr A and my cat, Nicky (drools lots when happy... the cat, not Mr A lol)

Naefearjustbeer
12-Mar-07, 01:32
Curvy wins every time, Kate Moss and co are over paid druggie coat hangers. Not Attractive in the slightest.

Sporran
12-Mar-07, 01:35
I'm a C or a D cup, depending on the make and style of the bra. Does that make me C+ or a D-, lol ?!?! ;) I have a well-rounded derriere, so it's probably just as well those don't get measured in cup sizes!! :lol:

Kaishowing
12-Mar-07, 01:38
Always curves.
The morally bankrupt fashion industry promoted waif-like models as the ideal figure for years.
It's thanks to them and the constant media bombardment that we're now in a society that has such a terms 'pro-ana'.
Look it up on google and make yourselves sick! (no pun intended!)

Naefearjustbeer
12-Mar-07, 01:48
Always curves.
The morally bankrupt fashion industry promoted waif-like models as the ideal figure for years.
It's thanks to them and the constant media bombardment that we're now in a society that has such a terms 'pro-ana'.
Look it up on google and make yourselves sick! (no pun intended!)

Oh dear not nice to read some of the stuff on those websites:~(

SNOWDOG
12-Mar-07, 09:04
The media and fashion industry dictate to young girls that thin is beautiful, this is absolute rubbish, ask any bloke his honest opinion and he'll go for a curvy women every time, emaciation as a 'fashion' statement is dangerous and disgusting! [evil]

garycs
12-Mar-07, 12:08
Well according to the labels I seem to like size 16-18. However I think what most folk (both men and women) really like is a natural look. If a person has forced their body to be something it shouldn't be, i.e. too thin, too fat, too tanned, too muscled, etc; then it just doesn't look attractive.

Celebs and models seem to aim for perfection, but to me perfection is boring it's like looking at a blank sheet of paper, it's the small imperfections of nature which give a person their unique character.

moncur
12-Mar-07, 17:55
What does it matter how big a person is?

Folk should like their partner or whoever for who they are, not the size of their clothes. Some people cant help being overweight and some people cant help being underweight.

©Amethyst
12-Mar-07, 19:03

Folk should like their partner or whoever for who they are, not the size of their clothes. Some people cant help being overweight and some people cant help being underweight.

But first impressions and what people prefer to see play a big part in it all.

Ricco
12-Mar-07, 23:56
Not many 'salvering male beasts' around these days... just Mr A and my cat, Nicky (drools lots when happy... the cat, not Mr A lol)

Go on, bet it is Mr A. (hee,hee);)

©Amethyst
13-Mar-07, 00:43
Go on, bet it is Mr A. (hee,hee);)

Cheeky... no, he doesn't drool unless I'm cooking Greek food! lol

Errogie
14-Mar-07, 22:34
All female shapes and sizes are fascinating and interesting but it's got to be a bonus when its possible to get a boob in each ear!

johno
15-Mar-07, 00:17
All female shapes and sizes are fascinating and interesting but it's got to be a bonus when its possible to get a boob in each ear!
hmmm interesting. [para]

Julia
15-Mar-07, 14:00
You only have 'love handles' if somebody loves you!

steeko
15-Mar-07, 14:15
I suppose if it came down to a one on one fight - curves would win easily.

stevep
15-Mar-07, 20:29
Curves are a must for me.

Jeid
15-Mar-07, 21:20

Agreed lad. I've been around the same weight since I left school 6years ago. Some people can't help how skinny they are... and I'm one of them. I eat, but it doesn't seem to do anything for me. Some people say it's lucky, I think it's kind of rubbish tbh.

As for curves... I like them, but in all honesty, it doesn't matter.

johno
15-Mar-07, 21:49
decisions decisions ? comfort or speed, reckon a little comfort so i guess that means curves ,with a little speed, hard to decide. like the best of both greedy ;) :roll:

Whitewater
16-Mar-07, 05:18
Curves for me, and good legs. Size 0 is rubbish, for 10 year olds only.

Victoria
16-Mar-07, 12:24
I was talking about size zero with a friend the other day.

I'm a size 10 and have been a size 8 before but i dont reckon my hip bones would be able to fit in a size o!!!

Not that I'd want them to!