PDA

View Full Version : Your UK Broadcaster.

Rheghead
21-Jun-14, 01:20
This is how the BBC really reveals itself as the English Broadcasting Corporation. They publically demonise a Scot just for being in a crowd in Brazil. :roll:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-27939845

Phill
21-Jun-14, 08:51
BBC should be broken up and privatised. Licence fee scrapped.
The corporation is not fit for purpose.

golach
21-Jun-14, 09:36
Ach away and pull your cybernat horns in Rheg! All Englander media I have read have had a laugh at Mark McConville, seen by millions on TV . He was out there as a charity volunteer handing out football strips to orphanage kids. Maybe it's you with a touch of sour grapes, that is publicly demonising him, well done Mark, you gave me a laugh.

Cattach
21-Jun-14, 15:17
Ach away and pull your cybernat horns in Rheg! All Englander media I have read have had a laugh at Mark McConville, seen by millions on TV . He was out there as a charity volunteer handing out football strips to orphanage kids. Maybe it's you with a touch of sour grapes, that is publicly demonising him, well done Mark, you gave me a laugh.

In Scotland the vast majority of football fans are anti the English national team. The reason is simple and it has nothing to do with the English people as a whole. It is to do with the English media as shown by the ridiculous comments about this lad in the crowd at the Urugay game. The English football reporting individuals on the media are blatantly biased, bigheaded, boastful and incredibly arrogant blaming everyone from the opposing players to the officials for England's shortcomings. Constantly throughout games the premier league (the best league in the world ??) is referred to, the players with are countries are not worthy of a chance to play in England and, of course, 1966 and all that punctuates the commentary. We, the UK viewing public, just want a balanced commentary on a game of football and not an inarticulate rant against everything English. Pity that football does not have a Bill McLaren.

Tangerine-Dream
21-Jun-14, 20:18
This is how the BBC really reveals itself as the English Broadcasting Corporation. They publically demonise a Scot just for being in a crowd in Brazil. :roll:

I would have thought you would have liked the "English" Broadcasting Corporation..... especially so, considering you are English yourself? :roll:

orkneycadian
22-Jun-14, 08:56
Radio Scotland in the morning is a good indicator of what we might get wall to wall of in the fearful event of independent. Before Radio Orkney comes on at 0730, all we get is football, football and more football. And this is on a weekday. Every 15 minutes or so "The Sport" which is all football. No-one is playing football at quarter past 7 in the morning, but it seems that Glasgow cannot wake up without a fix of football first thing to get them going.

Meanwhile, over on the national UK stations that cover all the UK, its a largely football free zone.

Now, if thats all we will have post independance to listen to in the morning, its a worrying thought.

PantsMAN
22-Jun-14, 13:22
Radio Scotland in the morning SNIP Every 15 minutes or so "The Sport" which is all football.
SNIP

If you tune to the FM Radio Scotland station as I do in Caithness, the sport appears every hour as part of the news/weather/sport/travel summary and on the half-hour we get distinct Highland news from Inverness, with Highland travel, Highland Weather and Highland Sport (not just football).

Need a better wireless set? Time to dump the crystals eh?

Tangerine-Dream
22-Jun-14, 21:17
Radio Scotland in the morning is a good indicator of what we might get wall to wall of in the fearful event of independent. Before Radio Orkney comes on at 0730, all we get is football, football and more football. And this is on a weekday. Every 15 minutes or so "The Sport" which is all football. No-one is playing football at quarter past 7 in the morning, but it seems that Glasgow cannot wake up without a fix of football first thing to get them going.

Meanwhile, over on the national UK stations that cover all the UK, its a largely football free zone.

Now, if thats all we will have post independance to listen to in the morning, its a worrying thought.

Radio two is good... football free and advert free..... it's the "BBC" though so maybe a bit of a no go area for certain English people who think they are Scottish and are now campaigning for independence from the "Westminster" oppressor........

You didn't answer my question Rheghead......... Why are you so anti English considering you are, yourself, an English man?

Tangerine-Dream
22-Jun-14, 21:38
A fifth columnist maybe? A mouthpiece for the English defence league?

I know a LOT of English people who want to see the back of the Scottish burden.... what better way than to promote "yes"?

You seem SO anti English in every post you make yet you are 100% English.......

I just cannot understand why you are so anti English.

Did they bully you at school?

Did somebody steal the rattle out of your pram?

Time you fessed up I think..... you are an ENGLISH man.

Your views and opinions will (unfortunately) be perceived differently when the reader realises you are English......

Rheghead
22-Jun-14, 22:23
You didn't answer my question Rheghead......... Why are you so anti English considering you are, yourself, an English man?

Please quote me where I am anti English. How am I anti myself? How absurd. The ball is in your court....

2little2late
23-Jun-14, 23:18
He wasn't demonised at all. There wasn't anything in the report demonising this guy. If he had a placard saying "Windmill farms in Scotland 2 for the price of 1" then yes, he probably would have been demonised.

mi16
23-Jun-14, 23:23
I completely agreeThere was no demonising in that reportMore a bit of banter and highlighting the good work he does for charity.

orkneycadian
27-Jun-14, 22:34
Are the Yes camp still clutching at straws in their campaign?

Oh dear....:roll:

luskentyre
29-Jun-14, 02:35

You'd be perfectly happy with an Englishman happily cheering a team that was playing Scotland I assume? That would be blatant racism of course...

PantsMAN
29-Jun-14, 20:20
You'd be perfectly happy with an Englishman happily cheering a team that was playing Scotland I assume?

Can't grasp the importance of an Englishman happily cheering anything! Means nothing.

Rheghead
29-Jun-14, 20:37
You'd be perfectly happy with an Englishman happily cheering a team that was playing Scotland I assume? That would be blatant racism of course...

I always pick England when they play Scotland.

mi16
30-Jun-14, 10:10
You'd be perfectly happy with an Englishman happily cheering a team that was playing Scotland I assume? That would be blatant racism of course...It's sport, not genocide