PDA

View Full Version : Rubbish

2little2late
17-Jun-14, 19:31
What's happened to this forum? This was a brilliant forum. It is so boring now.

PantsMAN
17-Jun-14, 19:42
It's the undead. They've taken over.

Treud na Mara
17-Jun-14, 20:01
....and what counts as treasure rather than trash ?

crayola
17-Jun-14, 20:10
What's happened to this forum? This was a brilliant forum. It is so boring now.Not enough witchcraft. Not enough witches. Get some more and problem solved. :p

Wizzbang
17-Jun-14, 22:34
They're all banned

oodyourdabe
18-Jun-14, 01:25
What happened to this forum?

What happened to most forums? Facebook and other social media that is there and notifies you on the spot. I know if getting the banter or a discussion I'd rather something where people respond almost immediately and you are notified of it rather than this messageboard where you have a limited inbox and delayed responses.

Just my opinion.

susie
18-Jun-14, 06:09
What's happened to this forum? This was a brilliant forum. It is so boring now.

Tell us what you want. We may well surprise you, pique your interest, annoy you, make you chuckle...........

Some threads go dead flat because no one responds, that can be demoralising.

Some threads get hundreds of folk reading but hardly any replies.

Sometimes there seem to be overly many for sale entries. Should the classified section be separate? I dislike the Newsbot stuff, I don't want the Org for news, I want it for what the folkies are saying. I also don't see the point of multiple submissions of the same thread, I can find things myself thanks.

Invisible
18-Jun-14, 12:05
Too many threads about Windfarms and politics IMO

Big Gaz
18-Jun-14, 14:10
Too many personal attacks from people who just don't want others to voice their opinion. It isn't a free forum, nor is there free speech and the few that try to oppress others opinions can have the forum to themselves for all i care.

orkneycadian
18-Jun-14, 18:28
Too many threads started with indescript titles, opening up with "Does anyone know...." followed by a question that could just as easily have been typed into Google for an instant answer.

jacko
18-Jun-14, 21:22
Too many personal attacks from people who just don't want others to voice their opinion. It isn't a free forum, nor is there free speech and the few that try to oppress others opinions can have the forum to themselves for all i care.

HAVE TO AGREE THERE. there are SOME sarcastic, self opinionated egotistical people on here.

squidge
18-Jun-14, 22:09
Its summer - its always quieter in the summer.

Big Gaz
18-Jun-14, 23:24

EH? Summer?? since when?? :D

squidge
18-Jun-14, 23:32
For AGES big Gaz lol .... See soon as we start getting light nights.... It starts getting quieter!

crayola
19-Jun-14, 09:52
They're all bannedSadly yes. RagnarRocks, Mrs Bradey, Jax, and Ducati to name only recent ones. Still, there's some naive new blood on the Org that we could get our teeth into. ;)

Chook a demus
19-Jun-14, 11:04
I joined the org recently made a few posts and got fed up of the same few people marking remarks so I gave up ! Since then I've spoken to a number of people about it and they are pretty much feel the same. I read the threads and all I see is a small handful of people dominating subjects and anyone who holds an opinion different to theirs is beaten down. I doubt it will change so personally I will go back to using the private messages to chat with people I know and buying and selling stuff.

jacko
20-Jun-14, 10:21
I joined the org recently made a few posts and got fed up of the same few people marking remarks so I gave up ! Since then I've spoken to a number of people about it and they are pretty much feel the same. I read the threads and all I see is a small handful of people dominating subjects and anyone who holds an opinion different to theirs is beaten down. I doubt it will change so personally I will go back to using the private messages to chat with people I know and buying and selling stuff.

I also recently joined the org, and i was subject to bullying by just one person that seemed to take an instant dislike to me. was actually thinking on deleting my account but then i thought why let this person force me out , so i rode out the storm .had a lot of encouragement from other members which swung my thought s of leaving. there s only one or two like that on here and i think you can put them on an ignore list . So Chook a demus DONT let the bully s win. They are the real loser s . the sad sarcastic loser,s.

summer
20-Jun-14, 10:34

Phew, for a minute there I was thinking it was all my fault

squidge
20-Jun-14, 10:46
Phew, for a minute there I was thinking it was all my fault

Awwwwwwwwwwwww summer - as if I would suggest that.... :)

crayola
21-Jun-14, 23:18
Why was Ducati banned anyways? After me he was the most politically astute orger since jjc and the most consistent since landmarker. RagnarRocks on the other hand was more of a battering ram. Sadly one of the Org's most feared and respected characters departed this world in the dying days of 2013. He had more accounts on the Org than Brazil had world cups but he was straight as a die. All his egos were banned except his last. Such is ironing on the org. :(

crayola
04-Jul-14, 21:39
My previous post was wrong in the sense that John Little was the most politically astute orger ever if you exclude his appetite for termination.

joxville
04-Jul-14, 22:23
What's happened to this forum? This was a brilliant forum. It is so boring now.Since I've been a member I've seen the org go through spells where it has some great posters and the banter is brilliant, then it dies down for a while, as Squidge says, usually in the summer, but it'll pick up again come autumn.

Mr P Cannop
05-Jul-14, 09:34
well did any pay to join this forum ????

jacko
05-Jul-14, 10:51
before some smart remark,s come in , no Paul it s not a forum where you contribute money to.

Big Gaz
05-Jul-14, 12:28
before some smart remark,s come in , no Paul it s not a forum where you contribute money to.

Aww Jacko, you sure know how to spoil the fun......:roll:

Heisenberg
09-Sep-14, 09:01
Since I've been a member I've seen the org go through spells where it has some great posters and the banter is brilliant, then it dies down for a while, as Squidge says, usually in the summer, but it'll pick up again come autumn. just as well its nearly autumn then.