PDA

View Full Version : Is there Rules on selling items on the ORG

dozy
10-Mar-07, 15:31
Hi ,Is there any rules on selling stiff on the ORG .Like is it first come ,first served or if you agree a price and collection time can the seller pull out or are you better to steer clear ????????

Bobinovich
10-Mar-07, 20:03
There is a post (http://forum.caithness.org/announcement.php?f=13) regarding the For Sale forum but it doesn't go into concluding your sale - most of that is just common sense.

I reckon first come, first serve is the best way to work but if someone says they'll take the item you're selling and then doesn't turn up to collect the goods at the arranged time, and someone else gets in there in the meantime then that is tough luck on the first buyer!

I'd also say that both the buyer and seller can pull out under certain circumstances, however it's usually in the interest of both parties to conclude the deal.

If the goods are not as described then the buyer has every right to pull out. Likewise if the buyer says they'll bring the money round later I'd be adamant and say No - payment on collection/delivery.

I don't know if there are any actual laws regarding buying and selling of 2nd hand goods in a private transaction.