PDA

View Full Version : Fathers Day - What did all you Fathers receive as a Gift from your Kids Today

Kodiak
16-Jun-14, 00:16
Another Fathers Day Has come and almost gone. It got me wondering what gifts did all your Fathers out there receive from your Sons or Daughters today.

I have two grown up sons, one aged 39 years and the other 34 years, the older one telephoned me to happy Fathers Day then rang off after 5 minutes. The Younger one came around to visit me and he brought a two gifts, (See Below Picture), and a lovely Fathers Day Card and he stayed for 2 hours.

In all the years since my oldest son left home, about 21 years ago he moved to Edinburgh, I have never in the the past 21 Years received a Fathers Day Card from him and his Mother has never received a Mothers Day Card either. He really cannot forget as he has two Kids of his own, but somehow he always manages to forget and if we are lucky we sometimes get a phone call.

This is what |i received today as a Fathers day Gift from No 2 Son.

http://i.imgur.com/ilS7vVg.jpg

Dadie
16-Jun-14, 00:34
My Dad doesnt believe in Fathers Day.
He got a visit from me and the kids..and a yap...face to face rather than a phonecall.
Euan did him a picture (which is rare in its self as he doesnt put pencil to paper without protest usually)with 3 colours in it...2 more than a usual picture from him!
The girls just gave him a hug...more than enough as Grandad said!
...He would rather be appreciated throughout the year (which he is) rather than on a forced day of the year.
Hubby was working a 12hr shift and the kids were bedded at both ends of the day....but he has similar feelings to my Dad on Fathers day...dont know if thats due to the pair if them having birthdays near to fathers day or them not being bothered!

sassylass
16-Jun-14, 01:41
Since son had to work Sunday, we had a family party on Saturday, including children and their partners. Daughter and partner spent the night and invited partners father and mother for lunch on Sunday. It was lovely to be a guests in our own home :)

squidge
16-Jun-14, 07:43
My husband got a card and a homemade fridge magnet and a drawing from the littlies. He is away just now - only home at weekends. He got loads of cuddles and kisses. He got beer from one stepson, a big favour from the oldest one - a lift to Inverurie lol- and a promise of something on Tuesday for the younger stepson. Not a special day cos he had to go off to work but good fun anyway...