9.00-9.45 - colin 8
8.00-8.45 - duress 7
7.00-7.45 - marks band 6
6.00-6.45 - boss hogg 5
5.00-5.45 - plastic food 4
4.00-4.45 - waffles 3
3.00-3.45 - liquid blue 2
2.00-2.45 - high voltage 1

worked hard to get that sorted, and thank you so much to all the bands that have come forward and to those who accepted my offer to perform.

shout out to the bands i had to cut please dont hate me, if you do then get in line lol (its a long line)

so to all the people above, its your show now, dont make me look like a twit for letting you in lol

now i have to oraginise sound etc etc.

peace out

(collapses on floor)

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

gee
10-Mar-07, 17:30
well done, looks brill line up, you have really put your heart and soul into organising this,

well done

Jeemag_USA
10-Mar-07, 17:47
GOOD JOB! Wish I could be at it :(

K dragon
10-Mar-07, 17:52
wish you could too, then i could hire midnight moses. sweet lol

Sandra
10-Mar-07, 17:59
This may seem a stupid question, but when will Big Gig 2 be held?

K dragon
10-Mar-07, 18:01
10th and 11th of august, and yes your icon does make me dizzy.

moncur
10-Mar-07, 18:10
liking the end time too. Ends just in time for skins!

*awaits barrage of 'skins is rubbish' comments*

cmack
10-Mar-07, 18:59
skins is rubbish

zebedy
10-Mar-07, 19:02
indeed it is

awesome place to play though

foreveruntitled
10-Mar-07, 19:37
excuse my ignorance, but whos saxifer??

Jeemag_USA
10-Mar-07, 19:40
excuse my ignorance, but whos saxifer??

Formerly Stevie Taylor band!

day old blues
10-Mar-07, 19:57
what sort of music do they play?

foreveruntitled
10-Mar-07, 20:07
Formerly Stevie Taylor band!

thanks for that, but that means nothing to me either but i look forward to hearing them!!

zebedy
11-Mar-07, 00:20
stevie taylor = rockin roll lol

" ROCKIN ROLL THURSO !!?!?!?! "

moncur
11-Mar-07, 22:20
indeed it is

awesome place to play though

Skins is only rubbish for you cos u run the risk of bein thrown out for bein underage. I like skins, its only as good as what you make of it. Folk are there every weekend moping in the corner with their drams. big hint, get off your toosh and dance!

Jeemag_USA
11-Mar-07, 22:25
Skins is only rubbish for you cos u run the risk of bein thrown out for bein underage. I like skins, its only as good as what you make of it. Folk are there every weekend moping in the corner with their drams. big hint, get off your toosh and dance!

Yeah get some canned heat in your heels tonite baby [lol]

zebedy
11-Mar-07, 22:30

not really been a good few times to give it the benifit of the doubt!
just not really, my sorta thing!
dance music gives me a sore head, lol

everyone has there opinion

moncur
11-Mar-07, 22:33
not really been a good few times to give it the benifit of the doubt!
just not really, my sorta thing!
dance music gives me a sore head, lol

everyone has there opinion

aye true, i used to hate skins but decided that makin the most of it helped. dont go as much now cos i wana save cash but still enjoy myself there most times that i go.

moncur
14-Mar-07, 16:45
*bit of tumbleweed rolls past*

elastic band
14-Mar-07, 19:53
attended big gig 1 and had great time but notice fav band Whitenoize are missing -haven't heard much from them lately -anyone know anything as these boys had real potential

Jeid
14-Mar-07, 19:54
They broke up.

elastic band
14-Mar-07, 20:12
really sorry to hear the guys broke up - we travelled up from Golspie to hear them and we really thought they had the ability to go far. My old mans a music tacher and even he was impressed and that's saying something !!!

anyhow good luck to them whatever they are doing
hopefully they will reconsider

Gleber2
14-Mar-07, 20:12
White Noize changed their name and their drummer, I believe, but are recording here quite soon under the aegis of the Wick High School.
Some- one else had used the name White Noize before.

Chobbersjnr
14-Mar-07, 20:51
yup all true

definately not broken up & are recording ere soon with Liquid Blue & a host of others

colin stoner
19-Mar-07, 19:10
sorry but i couldn't help noticing that somebody said 'when is big gig 2?' and k dragon replied 'august 10th and 11th'.

so when is big gig 1? (sorry i'm just lost)

K dragon
19-Mar-07, 19:16
its an annual event.

big gig was last year.

since its now the second year and the second of an ANNUAL event, its called big gig 2, as in its sequal lol

colin stoner
19-Mar-07, 21:34
thanks for pointing that out - and are both the friday and saturday nights at the dammies? and can you confirm that nemesis are playing 9.00 - 9.45 on friday? thanks:)

K dragon
19-Mar-07, 23:27
yes its a two day event and you are on friday.

now read carefully, you HAVE to remember that. you HAVE to be there on time of your own accord. i cant keep reminding bands. and on the night you have to manage yourslef, know when you on and whos on before you and after you. i have to run the whole thing on the day so i need to rely on the bands to do there thing.

Gogglebox
19-Mar-07, 23:44
Patience of a saint KDragon - -Patience of a saint!!! lol

Well Done!

K dragon
19-Mar-07, 23:46
thank you sir lol

Gogglebox
19-Mar-07, 23:54
Been looking every now and again to see how things have been progressing and i have to say im very impressed, its looking good.

Your far ahead of the old blokie who hashed it together last time

Seems very organised, keep up the good work!!

moncur
20-Mar-07, 11:45
Your far ahead of the old blokie who hashed it together last time

now now, I think that the organiser of last years event did extremely well considering it was his first time organising a gig. Fair enough some things could have gone a bit smoother but thats all part of the learning process i suppose.

Not to put a downer on the gig but the simple fact is that SOMETHING WILL GO WRONG as happens at every gig in one way or another, and Im sure K Dragon knows this, wether it be to do with timing, equipment, crowds, weather. The list is endless.

Jeid
20-Mar-07, 12:13
Could be all of those ;)

What's the plans for backline this year?

elastic band
22-Mar-07, 20:23
White Noize changed their name and their drummer, I believe, but are recording here quite soon under the aegis of the Wick High School.
Some- one else had used the name White Noize before.

sorry to hear boys split -well some of them -is it still the same vocalist -he was worth comiing up from Golspie for -heard some other stuff he did too and will make a point of coming up again if he is still with the band