PDA

View Full Version : What is law about cats on your property

Better Out Than In
13-Jun-14, 12:05
We deliberately keep our grounds wildlife friendly and gets lots of it - especially birds. We get some natural predation from crows and birds of prey - which is OK. But some of the neighbours have cats that are uncontrolled and cause lots of harm.

Am I allowed to trap them?
If Yes can I euthanize them or take them far away and release them
Why aren't owner's held accountable - cats should be caged or kept indoors

Finally will an independent Scotland pass laws to force cat owners to be responsible?

susie
13-Jun-14, 12:31
My garden is teeming with wildlife and my neighbours' cats visit all the time No one gets hunted to death, all seem content. The jackdaws do all the murdering at this time of year, readily killing many, many young wagtails, swallows, robins, sparrows, to name but a few. Why woulcd you suggest that you might kill someones cat, are you a jackdaw I wonder?

More likely you are a werewolf- this is your special day isn't it? Full moon, Friday, the 13th.

Don't be upsetting the sweet cats now, we might have to set the North Coast BIG Cat on you.

Serenity
13-Jun-14, 14:23
This link answers all your questions: http://www.rspb.org.uk/advice/gardening/unwantedvisitors/cats/catsandthelaw.aspx

Kevin Milkins
13-Jun-14, 14:55
Cats, love them or hate them, they will always do there own thing. There are measures you can take to discourage cats from visiting your garden and I have found the ultrasonic sound cat repellent most easy and effective way.