PDA

View Full Version : OneTel

colmac
10-Apr-05, 18:29
Does anyone use OneTel, and do you need to keep your BT line rental going or can you cancel your BT phone and just use OneTel? Does anyone know??
Is it worth switching?

myname1
10-Apr-05, 18:32
mum got a letter in the mail yesterday saying that onetel now do line rental and you now dont need to be with BT anymore....think she said it was £9.99 a month and was thinking about signing up

colmac
10-Apr-05, 18:55
I suppose what I am really wanting to know is if they are a good internet provider. I have Tiscali and I am very happy with them, but Tiscali requires you to have a BT telephone line. I am wondering if it is worth the hassle of changing telephone providers and internet providers to save £4 a month. I know that comment makes me sound like I have pots of money, but I don't.

LENSMAN
10-Apr-05, 20:20
I changed over to One tel last year after some hefty phone bills from BT.
You had to keep line rental to BT, if you did it by direct debit it was £10.50 a month.
£10.99 unlimited calls 24/7.
I then went for broadband with them, you get unlimited 512 for £19.They call it a bundle.
I would say there are cheaper deals on the go but I am quite happy at the moment.
You can check your bill on line.
Remember you will pay extra for calls to 0870.etc and mobiles.
Haven't had any problems so far so I don't know what there customer service is like.
I noticed in the paper that they were doing line rental, I wonder who covers a breakdown for them?
Have been unable to get on line a couple of times, got a notice saying BT were working on the system, both times Sunday at about 7:00 pm.

Geo
10-Apr-05, 23:39
I joined them last month as they were doing free evening and weekend calls for free for a year. I also dropped my BT line rental down to £10.50 a month so for the same deal as I had with BT I've saved £8 a month. It also gives free directory enquiries. I use www.call18866.co.uk for daytime calls (2p connection charge and no per minute charge).

Just looked and OneTel are still doing the free eveing and weekend calls deal free of charge for a year so if you are interested let me know and I'll recommend you. We both get £20 call credit.