PDA

View Full Version : Comedian and Actor Rik Mayall has died

Kodiak
09-Jun-14, 16:04
The BBC News have just posted in their Breaking News :-

British comedian and actor Rik Mayall has died, his manager says.

Very sad news this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27770266

George Brims
09-Jun-14, 19:09
I saw this earlier. Sad indeed. Some of his best work here: http://youtu.be/Ul3U_J37YCc

tonkatojo
10-Jun-14, 09:09
"Drop dead Fred" was exceptional as well.

PantsMAN
10-Jun-14, 11:38
"Drop dead Fred" was exceptional as well.

Now there's an appropriate comment eh? :confused

tonkatojo
10-Jun-14, 20:01
Now there's an appropriate comment eh? :confused

Sort of thing he himself would have said in irony, but the film I was quoting was ruddy good, did you perhaps see it or just mouthing as usual ?.

PantsMAN
10-Jun-14, 20:32
Sort of thing he himself would have said in irony, but the film I was quoting was ruddy good, did you perhaps see it or just mouthing as usual ?.

Sadly, comparing your utterances to Rik Mayall's will never stand to scrutiny.

Keep trying though...practice makes?

(Mouthing! the cheek of the chap!) :lol:

mi16
10-Jun-14, 21:31
Now there's an appropriate comment eh? :confused He was right though, ding din offended bus is about to leave

tonkatojo
11-Jun-14, 10:09
He was right though, ding din offended bus is about to leave

Not offended at all just wondered where he gets the "I am a so great know it all" to make comments on other folks observations. As for being right you might think so but like him your also entitled to join in his how great am I club, in fact run along and play in his garden I am sure you will get along as pals just fine and compare notes for future "utterances".

mi16
11-Jun-14, 13:50
Not offended at all just wondered where he gets the "I am a so great no it all" to make comments on other folks observations. As for being right you might think so but like him your also entitled to join in his how great am I club, in fact run along and play in his garden I am sure you will get along as pals just fine and compare notes for future "utterances". You were not a fan of drop dead Fred then?

PantsMAN
11-Jun-14, 16:02
Not offended at all just wondered where he gets the "I am a so great no it all" to make comments on other folks observations.

I would love to chat about this but I can't understand what is meant by the bit in inverted commas.

Reference post #4 above - I guess we need an emoticon which signifies 'tongue in cheek'.

Ah tonkatojoo, 'light the blue touchpaper and retire', always been a favourite of mine.