PDA

View Full Version : Weather

Mr P Cannop
08-Jun-14, 13:07
did you all hear that loud thunder clap ??

Kevin Milkins
08-Jun-14, 13:29
I think I must have missed that, Paul.

floyed
08-Jun-14, 13:30
Nope, I'm in Wick and it's sunny here:-) where did you hear it??

Mr P Cannop
08-Jun-14, 15:42
spring park area in Thurso

susie
08-Jun-14, 16:23
We had a fair few very loud thunder claps between 12 and 1.30 ish. No lightning though.

Kevin Milkins
08-Jun-14, 17:20
I went up to Groat on my bike to have a look at the vintage rally and it got very dark all of a sudden, I didn't stay around long enough to see if it did rain.

pig whisperer
08-Jun-14, 21:59
Lovely all day at Groats

Kodiak
08-Jun-14, 22:33
At 12.45pm here in High Ormlie above us was a Huge Cumulonimbus Cloud. From it there was Very Heavy Rain for over one Hour and for at least 25 Minutes there was Lightening Followed by Very Loud Claps of Thunder. The rain was so heavy that it blocked my Satellite Signal.

orkneycadian
09-Jun-14, 01:21

Yes. Next question?

luskentyre
10-Jun-14, 02:28

Yes. Next question?

Orkneycadian - do you have to make sarcastic comments on every single thread? Perhaps you need to consider why putting others down makes you feel better about yourself?

PantsMAN
10-Jun-14, 11:42
Orkneycadian - do you have to make sarcastic comments on every single thread? Perhaps you need to consider why putting others down makes you feel better about yourself?

Thought Orkneycadian's response was reasonable given that it wasn't exactly an enlightening question. I bet they didn't hear it in Siberia...

dandod
10-Jun-14, 16:35
Yes. Next question? Wow that chip on your shoulder must be getting really big now.would you have answered the same way if the question was asked to your face. If you had responded to me that way in person you would be nursing a fat lip by now.

cherokee
10-Jun-14, 16:52
I have to agree with the comments about orkneycadian's extremely childish, challenging, and provoking replies that he/she tends to put on most threads.
I actually find it quite tiring and intimidating for those whose thread he/she decides to ridicule ! ! (Maybe this is what the org. member in question relies upon due to the fact of their own insecurity?)

PantsMAN
10-Jun-14, 20:27
(Maybe this is what the org. member in question relies upon due to the fact of their own insecurity?)

Nothing like a bit of cod psycho-babble as a put-down.

If you had responded to me that way in person you would be nursing a fat lip by now.

Ah! Of course, the threat of violence is always preferable to a dash of sarcasm. How did I not see that?

sids
10-Jun-14, 21:16
Ah! Of course, the threat of violence is always preferable to a dash of sarcasm. How did I not see that?

Mr Dod missed out "I'm no keyboard warrior."

dandod
10-Jun-14, 22:00
This website used to be something we could be proud of. Now it is nothing but bullies trolls and scum and nothing gets done about it.andejen you do stick up for someone you are on the receiving end of their insults and wisecracks.this website really is just forthe scum nowadays and it's about time it gets cleaned up.

sids
10-Jun-14, 22:12
This website used to be something we could be proud of. Now it is nothing but bullies trolls and scum and nothing gets done about it.andejen you do stick up for someone you are on the receiving end of their insults and wisecracks.this website really is just forthe scum nowadays and it's about time it gets cleaned up.

Anyone who makes "fat lip" threats is scum. Do tell us if you disagree.

Don't miss this opportunity to reduce the forum scum proportion, by ceasing to post here.

Kevin Milkins
10-Jun-14, 22:49
Changing the subject slightly, it's raining now.

PantsMAN
10-Jun-14, 23:19

And threatening a fellow-poster isn't bullying, but pointing out the fact of bullying is trolling?

Well Mr Dod, bully for you.:Razz

BTW, excellent meteorological observation Mr.M

susie
11-Jun-14, 05:08
Following a rather rainy night, it is a pleasant if breezy morn with grey but pretty clouds. I understand from the met office that the day should be mostly dry and possibly sunny now and then. I wish you all a warm, cheerful and sunny day. Toodlepip!