PDA

View Full Version : Ruled by idiots

j4bberw0ck
09-Mar-07, 13:23
Anyone got any other examples of "jobsworth" / incompetent goings on amongst all forms of government?

This is a beaut. (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1490018.ece)

flash
09-Mar-07, 13:27
That defies belief, poor old codger

The_man_from_del_monte
09-Mar-07, 13:28
Plenty more of these idiots here http://www.capc.co.uk/

Angela
09-Mar-07, 14:36
Plenty more of these idiots here http://www.capc.co.uk/

I don't know whether to [lol] or to :~( ....

or just shake my head in weary disbelief!

The_man_from_del_monte
09-Mar-07, 15:01
I don't know whether to [lol] or to :~( ....

or just shake my head in weary disbelief!

Have you read some of the stories? http://www.capc.co.uk/stories.htm

Angela
09-Mar-07, 16:07
Have you read some of the stories? http://www.capc.co.uk/stories.htm

I have now [evil] ....

Penelope Pitstop
09-Mar-07, 17:03
Dearie me, what is this country come to???:(

badger
09-Mar-07, 18:01
I'm surprised they haven't charged him with theft of the sand. Do these people have nothing better to do with their time (and presumably council tax money)? Come back Esther Rantzen and That's Life - she'd have a field day with some of these councils.

JAWS
09-Mar-07, 18:21
My only amazement is that anybody is amazed. I would have thought everybody would have realised by now that certain politicians hold the belief that people showing any common sense should be controlled from the cradle to the grave.

There was a case in this County where it was declared that spreading too much top-soil on fields was illegal and that it must be disposed of into a land-fill site.

This is not about applying the law, it is about instilling fear in the Proles so they become indoctrinated into blindly obeying the Dictat of those who are in power.

“We have ways of making you obey!”

butterfly
17-Jan-09, 02:40
I'm surprised they haven't charged him with theft of the sand. Do these people have nothing better to do with their time (and presumably council tax money)? Come back Esther Rantzen and That's Life - she'd have a field day with some of these councils.
yeah,she could award them a jobsworth hat![lol]

poppett
17-Jan-09, 08:54
Had a parking warden write a ticket whilst I was at the machine putting the money in to pay the parking fee.............. in the next bay to the car. He just wouldn`t listen. Luckily the time he wrote on the ticket was after the time printed on the ticket so I didn`t have to pay the fine on appeal.

joxville
17-Jan-09, 11:15
I agree that the council should use common-sense, no surprise that they don't, however if it's that much of a problem then perhaps he should move home, or do as they did in The Great Escape film and take a walk on the beach sprinkling it back through holes in his pockets.

It reminds me of people in the village close to my work who's new homes were built next to a 300 year old church then complained about the bell-ringing!!

If you can't stand the heat......

Gizmo
17-Jan-09, 13:04
On thursday afternoon i called tesco customer service to tell them that my son would be calling in to collect his wallet which he had left there the week before, after hanging on the line for around 15mins the woman said that 'yes' the wallet was there for collection, but it wouldn't be handed over unless my son had photo ID, i told her that all his ID was in his wallet and he wouldn't be able to produce any other form of photo ID on this day, she proceeded to be 100% unhelpful insisting that it was company policy and without photo ID there was no way it would be handed over to him, even though his photo ID was in his wallet, after a serious war of words with this woman and another 10mins hanging on the line she said that the wallet could be handed over if my son could tell them everything that was in the wallet....bloody jobsworth woman....i was just livid, i'm all for companies being security conscious, but his photo ID was IN his bloody wallet.[evil]

As it turned out i managed to get a hold of my son before he caught the bus to thurso and asked him to go to his mothers and try and get his passport, which he managed to do, so he managed to get it without much hassle, no thanks to that bloody woman at customer service though....grrrrrrrrrrr!!

Bazeye
17-Jan-09, 15:22
My only amazement is that anybody is amazed. I would have thought everybody would have realised by now that certain politicians hold the belief that people showing any common sense should be controlled from the cradle to the grave.

There was a case in this County where it was declared that spreading too much top-soil on fields was illegal and that it must be disposed of into a land-fill site.

This is not about applying the law, it is about instilling fear in the Proles so they become indoctrinated into blindly obeying the Dictat of those who are in power.

Totally agree with you. So much for living in a 'democracy'.

badger
17-Jan-09, 20:14
On thursday afternoon i called tesco customer service to tell them that my son would be calling in to collect his wallet which he had left there the week before, after hanging on the line for around 15mins the woman said that 'yes' the wallet was there for collection, but it wouldn't be handed over unless my son had photo ID, i told her that all his ID was in his wallet and he wouldn't be able to produce any other form of photo ID on this day, she proceeded to be 100% unhelpful insisting that it was company policy and without photo ID there was no way it would be handed over to him, even though his photo ID was in his wallet, after a serious war of words with this woman and another 10mins hanging on the line she said that the wallet could be handed over if my son could tell them everything that was in the wallet....bloody jobsworth woman....i was just livid, i'm all for companies being security conscious, but his photo ID was IN his bloody wallet.[evil]

As it turned out i managed to get a hold of my son before he caught the bus to thurso and asked him to go to his mothers and try and get his passport, which he managed to do, so he managed to get it without much hassle, no thanks to that bloody woman at customer service though....grrrrrrrrrrr!!

If his photo ID was in his wallet, and presumably looked a wee bit like him, how about looking at his face and - do they match ?

Gizmo
17-Jan-09, 21:43
If his photo ID was in his wallet, and presumably looked a wee bit like him, how about looking at his face and - do they match ?

Yep, he looks remarkably like the lad in his wallet, try telling that to the muppets on Tesco customer service though.[disgust]

balto
17-Jan-09, 23:29

high time they gave the woman on customer service desk somthing better to do.

Gizmo
17-Jan-09, 23:49
high time they gave the woman on customer service desk somthing better to do.

I should mention that the telephone number i had for the Thurso branch took me through to a central (no) helpdesk that knew which branch you were calling about, i'm sure if i had spoken to a member of staff who actually worked in the Thurso store i would have been saved the headache of it all.

balto
17-Jan-09, 23:55
I should mention that the telephone number i had for the Thurso branch took me through to a central (no) helpdesk that knew which branch you were calling about, i'm sure if i had spoken to a member of staff who actually worked in the Thurso store i would have been saved the headache of it all.
aye well that explains, the daft attitude from her then, it might have been easier if you had spoken to someone local.

Bill Fernie
18-Jan-09, 11:35

I have to admit that before becoming a councillor I was unaware of the potential seriousness of soil if it come from contaminated sources. You do not give details of where the soil was coming from. Soil is considered to be potentially dangerous if it comes from land previously used for range of purposes where chemicals etc might have leeched into the soil. If contminated soil is spread onto clean land it may be taken up by plants and crops sown t a later date. The contamination in the plants, vegetable etc may become silent killers or cause ailments and illnesses that you will never know where they came from.
The regulations are very strict but for very good reasons. The UK has some serious problems with contaminated land due to our industrial past and even a factory in the nineteenth century or even earlier that has long disappeared can cause serious problems in the future for our population and our health and well-being. That is I think why applying the regulation on movement of top soil may appear to be draconian. But there are very good reasons and people tasked with looking after us on this subject whilst appearing to be nit picking or "jobsworth" are in fact protecting us.

Bazeye
18-Jan-09, 16:37
When I worked at Sellafield we had to wear a safety harness if we were working above 6ft. The length of the cord on the harness was something like 20ft. What was that all about?

hotrod4
18-Jan-09, 17:56
The UK has some serious problems with contaminated land due to our industrial past and even a factory in the nineteenth century or even earlier that has long disappeared can cause serious problems in the future for our population and our health and well-being. That is I think why applying the regulation on movement of top soil may appear to be draconian. But there are very good reasons and people tasked with looking after us on this subject whilst appearing to be nit picking or "jobsworth" are in fact protecting us.

Suppose thats why it makes sense to build a swimming pool and Medical centre on top of old gas works!!!![lol]