PDA

View Full Version : President Obama should mind his own business.

concerned resident
05-Jun-14, 18:13
Getting fed up with people giving there advice on how i should vote, and its got nothing to do with them. Would have thought he would have enough problems to sort out in America, with out sticking his nose in our business. All these Westminster cronies should keep there mouths shut.

mi16
05-Jun-14, 18:58
Getting fed up with people giving there advice on how i should vote, and its got nothing to do with them. Would have thought he would have enough problems to sort out in America, with out sticking his nose in our business. All these Westminster cronies should keep there mouths shut. Free speech is a great thing, don't like it ?Get yourself to North Korea

Alrock
05-Jun-14, 19:27
Free speech is a great thing, don't like it ?Get yourself to North Korea

Or... If you believe the no campaign, just stay in Scotland & if the referendum produces a yes result then it will be as good as living in North Korea... :eek:

luskentyre
06-Jun-14, 00:04
Getting fed up with people giving there advice on how i should vote, and its got nothing to do with them. Would have thought he would have enough problems to sort out in America, with out sticking his nose in our business. All these Westminster cronies should keep there mouths shut.

You've just published an opinion on America - but you're saying an American can't have an opinion about Scotland? Odd.

Had Obama given his resounding support for Scottish independence would you be so critical I wonder...

Kenn
06-Jun-14, 00:57
Obama has every right to express his opinion..it's called democracy.

squidge
06-Jun-14, 02:03
Just to keep things in perspective This is what Obama said

"There is a referendum process in place and it is up to the people of Scotland,” he told reporters. “I would say that the United Kingdom has been an extraordinary partner to us. From the outside at least, it looks like things have worked pretty well.“And we obviously have a deep interest in making sure that one of the closest allies we will ever have remains a strong, robust, united and effective partner. But ultimately these are decisions that are to be made by the folks there.”

Hardly a game changer folks, so let neither side get carried away. He didn't suggest that we are all nazis or that Scotland is too poor, too wee or too stupid to go it alone so I think he deserves a polite kindly response.

Like an elderly neighbour might.... So here you go...

***Puts hand on Obsma's shoulder and smiles gently*** "I know you are concerned but you are right - it's up to us to decide, so thanks but we can manage to sort it out ourselves. Don't forget to pop in for a cuppa next time your passing"

golach
06-Jun-14, 06:59

"

***Puts hand on Obsma's shoulder and smiles gently*** "I know you are concerned but you are right - it's up to us to decide, so thanks but we can manage to sort it out ourselves. Don't forget to pop in for a cuppa next time your passing"

What a patronising post Squidge, not only is it ageist "eldery neighbour", Cheezus!!!!! its down right rude.

squidge
06-Jun-14, 07:52
Lol lol lol.... Well Golach, how about just "a neighbour" or substitute "a best friend" or maybe "a grown up child"....whatever makes you feel more comfortable. You could add in Anyone you like who expresses an opinion and some concerns about a decision you are making which they have no say in.

Would you rather tell them "Get Lost it's none of your business"?

See, I rather like my elderly neighbour, she is quite lovely and 93. She often worries about things which are happening and when I talk to her about them I like to be polite and gentle but just occasionally I need to remind her that it's not her choice to make. She STILL pops in for a cuppa though so i probably managed the polite thing well enough.

On the other hand I could tell her to mind her own business and not to be such a nosey cow if you like but you know what? I like my way better.

Chook a demus
06-Jun-14, 07:58
I'd say every person in the world is allowed to have an opinion on any subject they like and air it wherever they like it's one of those annoying human rights things isn't it ? Freedom of speech ! just those peoples who would rather silence people that I worry about. The thought police ( shudder )

Tubthumper
06-Jun-14, 08:24
I'd say every person in the world is allowed to have an opinion on any subject they like and air it wherever they like it's one of those annoying human rights things isn't it ? Freedom of speech ! just those peoples who would rather silence people that I worry about. The thought police ( shudder ) I'm a bit concerned that your accent has suddenly changed Chook. But it's none of my business...:Razz

Chook a demus
06-Jun-14, 08:49
And I'm a wee bit concerned about tha personal comments all tha time wind your neck in eh

mi16
06-Jun-14, 09:17

"There is a referendum process in place and it is up to the people of Scotland,” he told reporters. “I would say that the United Kingdom has been an extraordinary partner to us. From the outside at least, it looks like things have worked pretty well.“And we obviously have a deep interest in making sure that one of the closest allies we will ever have remains a strong, robust, united and effective partner. But ultimately these are decisions that are to be made by the folks there.”

Hardly a game changer folks, so let neither side get carried away. He didn't suggest that we are all nazis or that Scotland is too poor, too wee or too stupid to go it alone so I think he deserves a polite kindly response.

You would not get your grubby paws anywhere near the President of the USA for a start.

squidge
06-Jun-14, 10:25
Hey mi16I had a shower this morning - my hands are clean.... and you are smart enough to know that it was a metaphorical example to illustrate a point.

Sheesh.

mi16
06-Jun-14, 10:55
Hey mi16I had a shower this morning - my hands are clean.... and you are smart enough to know that it was a metaphorical example to illustrate a point.

Sheesh.

What point would that be then?

pinotnoir
06-Jun-14, 10:57
Last month a taxi driver in Vienna advised me that I should vote yes.

squidge
06-Jun-14, 11:03
What point would that be then? That Obama's view whilst kindly meant is not going to make any difference to the outcome. Its about as important in the debate as pinotnoirs taxi driver.

mi16
06-Jun-14, 11:12
That Obama's view whilst kindly meant is not going to make any difference to the outcome. Its about as important in the debate as pinotnoirs taxi driver.

It could influence the opinion of fence sitters.
Also Mr Obama was most likely responding to a question asked of him

squidge
06-Jun-14, 11:14
Also Mr Obama was most likely responding to a question asked of him Exactly - like i said - lets keep it in perspective - especially today.

PantsMAN
06-Jun-14, 11:25
Don't mention THE WAR. :confused

Tubthumper
06-Jun-14, 11:37
And I'm a wee bit concerned about tha personal comments all tha time wind your neck in eh All the time? Personal comments?
Glad to see the Scots accent has kind of returned - 'tha', is that 'the' or 'thou'? Sounds a bit Yorkshire to me.
Me neck be joost fine whar 'tis thank'ee ver' much - watch tha lip. ;)

George Brims
06-Jun-14, 21:39
Also Mr Obama was most likely responding to a question asked of him
It was a fence sitting kind of answer so I don't think it would help anyone decide.

Kenn
07-Jun-14, 00:51
'ere me 'andsome Tubthumper be e referring to me accent, mine's a proper job!