PDA

View Full Version : fostering

johno
09-Mar-07, 10:57
in the media today, a catholic girl who came to alness with her mum & stepdad who was fostered out to two protestant families is suing the authorities for the sum of £70,000.
. she reckons that by being denied contact with her natural mum she now suffers from depression & is now unemployable.
i think if she was awarded the £70 grand, that aught to take care of the depression. as for the employment situation that must be her own choice.
if this is awarded it must open the floodgates for thousands of other cases
throughout the uk. i always thought that when a child is fostered the authorities always encouraged contact with the birth mother or father
unless there was something else involved. another case of trying it on.

changilass
09-Mar-07, 11:24
Johno can you post the link as the report I have seen on the bbc doesnt mention her not being able to see her mum. thanks

Penelope Pitstop
09-Mar-07, 11:45
in the media today, a catholic girl who came to alness with her mum & stepdad who was fostered out to two protestant families is suing the authorities for the sum of £70,000.
. she reckons that by being denied contact with her natural mum she now suffers from depression & is now unemployable.
i think if she was awarded the £70 grand, that aught to take care of the depression. as for the employment situation that must be her own choice.
if this is awarded it must open the floodgates for thousands of other cases
throughout the uk. i always thought that when a child is fostered the authorities always encouraged contact with the birth mother or father
unless there was something else involved. another case of trying it on.

Just wondered, if she had been fostered to a gay couple could she also sue the authorities?????

badger
09-Mar-07, 12:01
Some people will do anything for money and no-win no-fee lawyers have a lot to answer for. Let's hope the Court has the sense to throw it out and charge her costs.

changilass
09-Mar-07, 12:10
All this is going to achieve is to lessen the number of fosterers even further.

Fosterers will have to keep any diaries and notes forever in case of this situation coming up. More detailed notes will have to be taken in order to be able to answer questions on an event that has happened in the past, what happens if a fosterers house is broken into and the paperwork goes missing, are the fosterers then going to be held liable for breaking the data protection act.

Where does time for caring for the children placed come into this equation.

I am all for bad carers being outed, but this is gonna impact on the ones who really do try their very best for the kids placed with them.

johno
09-Mar-07, 12:47
Johno can you post the link as the report I have seen on the bbc doesnt mention her not being able to see her mum. thanks

dont think i can ,this is what i read in the paper. it did,nt give a reason why she could,nt see her mum.

bingo1
09-Mar-07, 16:04
dont think i can ,this is what i read in the paper. it did,nt give a reason why she could,nt see her mum.
We all know what the media is like we never really get the full story or truth.

golach
09-Mar-07, 16:23
More to this story than meets the eye I think

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/6431579.stm

cuddlepop
09-Mar-07, 18:19
Her complaint is more complex than the headline appears to suggest.
Its not just about failure of HC to place her with foster parents that would encourage and support her religous believes;it also looks like failure of HC to place her in a school that could support her learning disability.
If she wins this case iI can see the flood gates opening for other children who have not been educated to the best of their ability.
There was a case about a Barra high school pupil who was suing the headmaster(Who happened to be his father) for a such failure.Dont know that outcome it appears to have disappeared:confused