PDA

View Full Version : WARNING big gig 2 notice

K dragon
07-Mar-07, 22:16
as of the past two days i have been flooded with bands, and on review i may have too much.

at the moment i may have 19 bands

which means that the friday gig would start at two in the afternoon, when everyone is working or at school. other than cutting a good chunk of bands, i cant see a way around the problem.

now, im not saying anything is concrete on the following matter, but the bands that may get cut, i can assyre them a gig in my new plans.

hopefully these plans should be put together in a month or two.

MU HA HA HA HA!!!

(sits in dark corner scheming)

dave

Reev
07-Mar-07, 23:36
........................!

uhhuh, so how many do you have to cut then?

K dragon
08-Mar-07, 00:07
could be five or six. currently mulling it over now

Reev
08-Mar-07, 02:46
Ah righty, not to be on your case, but im sure someone else will ask this, whats your process of elimination??

:confused

moncur
08-Mar-07, 12:10
What time would the saturday gig start?

BigKev
08-Mar-07, 13:54
errr...

Did you tell each and every band who contacted you that they could play?

good luck !!

Just a random thought here, (possible solution)

Will every band who play be entertaining for the full 50mins?

Some of the bands who will be playing will perform a better set if its shorter.

no offence like but the less songs means they can play their most rehearsed/slick songs.

and it might make it easier on the audience.

If the sets are shorter earlier on (as like in the big festivals) then more bands could play?

Kev

Jeid
08-Mar-07, 14:16
The boy has a point...

theboss
08-Mar-07, 14:47
I like Kev's idea as well. Everyone still gets to play but some have a reduced set. That way there's gonna be alot less disappointment!

moncur
08-Mar-07, 14:50
or how about making the gigs on saturday and sunday?

Like Kevs idea though.

Jeid
08-Mar-07, 14:59
Saturday and Sunday would also make sense yeah. I always thought Saturday and Sunday would be the better days in all honesty.

K dragon
08-Mar-07, 15:36
sunday is not an option.

i have explained that before.

alright then boss hogg get five minute set lol!

just kidding i will see if i can shorten sets but bearing in mind the more bands the shorter the sets.

can someone do me a favour and calculate nineteen bands and then set up set times, including ten to fifteen minute change over time. obviously the friday has to start at six, and finish at roughly eleven half eleven. staurday is open season so to speak. if someone could calculate that it would be a BIG help to me and i would very much appreciate.

yeah and kev i did hire that many bands because i had different plans, which have been changed and moulded by yourselves into the gig you lot want. which isnt a problem, more input from the music community the better.

thanks dave

Jeid
08-Mar-07, 15:56
I've probably missed it, so I'll ask, why is Sunday not an option?

moncur
08-Mar-07, 16:33
I've probably missed it, so I'll ask, why is Sunday not an option?

I've got Sunday School that day...... NOT!

K dragon
08-Mar-07, 16:37
its a matter that i have no control over.

its friday and saturday and i cant do anything about it. dammies have been booked for those days.

moncur
08-Mar-07, 17:04
Ok so say the saturday is from 11am - 11 pm? Similar to last year i think? not sure, cant remember

That means 12 bands could have 45 minute sets with 15 minutes changover (1 hour per band)

Then friday is 6 - 11? 5 bands with 45 minutes and 15 minute changeover.

5+12=17

So that leaves 2 bands to squeeze in, 1 per day.

Try on each day, squeezing 3 bands into the first 2 hours of each night (30 minutes each with 10 minute quick changeover).
So thats 6 on friday, and 13 on Saturday. Leaving the rest of the nights with one hour slots.

Easypeasy!

K dragon
08-Mar-07, 17:21
thank you sir. i have an attention disorder with numbers so i appreciate the help.

moncur
08-Mar-07, 18:04
thank you sir. i have an attention disorder with numbers so i appreciate the help.

No worries dude, think with so many bands though there will have to be a bit of strictness with bands playing if things get behind schedule. Just simple things like making sure all band members are ready at the side of the stage with equipment ready to setup after the previous band finishes playing and if they run short of time and still have 2 songs to play then its tough luck.

BigKev
08-Mar-07, 18:28
Heres another version of a possible timeline.

Fits in all the bands too!!

Im not convinced too many will show at 11 on a sat morning tho. i do agree for the 11 finish tho.

Ive incorporasted different times starting at 30mins at the start of the day too over an hour for the last few.

i just rattled this out before im off to the gym so mistakes are possible!!

Friday 6 to 11 -- 5 hours

Saturday 12 to 11 -- 11 hours

19 bands

6 - 1st day
13 - 2nd day

1st day

1000 - 1100
900 - 945
815 - 845
730 - 800
645 - 715
600 - 630

2nd day

945 – 1100
830 – 930
745 – 815
645 – 730
600 – 630
515 – 545
430 – 500
345 – 415
300 – 330
215 – 245
130 – 200
1245 – 115
12 – 1230

Booyaka!

K dragon
08-Mar-07, 18:54
booyaka indeed lol

moncur
09-Mar-07, 14:58
hmmm yes kevs one does work out.

However that does mean that 11 bands need to shorten their setlists on saturday, and 5 on Friday, as opposed to my idea which only compromised 6 in total. I think that the first hour of any gig sadly, wether it starts at 11 or 12, is always going to be fairly quiet (as was the case last year). So at least starting at 11 gives a bit more time for the bands playing later on.

Also thinking that starting at the beginning of when most are considering lunch is a bad idea. At least starting at 11 draws their attention to the Gigs presence, so they may show up for a bit, go for a bite to eat and then come back afterwards.

Plus the longer the gig goes on for, potentially more money could be raised which is the point? Right?

Suppose in the end its up to the K to decide on start/ finishing times.
Just my thoughts though

K dragon
09-Mar-07, 18:19
okay, im going to use kevs idea. now i understand that many might not get a decent crowd, or oppertunity, now please understand that i didnt want that for anybody, but its that or a lot of bands get cut.

now here is my promise, for those who play early, or get a poor opertunity to play i PROMISE you and give you my word that if my NEW PROJECT goes ahead they will be the first to get to play.

i have been given the go ahead by ttia to start this project when i see fit.

it will be a regular source of entertainment, and a good fundraiser to go towards more musical events.

i will be organising this new project and most liiely running it too lol

i am going to organise a meeting with a few folk to obtain a venue.

so i guess to end the post i have one thing to say.........

MON THE BLUE MONDAY!!!!!!

Reev
09-Mar-07, 18:54
Blue monday...........heck, im part of that, and for the life of me i dont have a clue whats going on with it, has it been a year since we got together, well maybe its been that long since last i heard anything of it........haha, project man.........you doing a movie showing, drama and art and music thing, COSTUME COSTUMES COSTUMES

:lol:

K dragon
09-Mar-07, 19:02
well i hadnt heard anyone doing anything with it so instead of letting it die, i thought i should bring it back, its been apart of the music community since, well since i can remember.

bring it full force.lol

make it fun for young and old.

if all goes well you could all have the first blue monday BEFORE the big gig.

MWAH HA HA HA HA!!!

colin stoner
19-Mar-07, 19:14
sorry, i'm lost again - are friday and saturdays gigs BOTH at the dammies?

and yeh, shorter sets would be better because if it's a crap band, then the audience are hardly gonna listen to them droning on for 45 mins.

moncur
19-Mar-07, 21:45
sorry, i'm lost again - are friday and saturdays gigs BOTH at the dammies?

and yeh, shorter sets would be better because if it's a crap band, then the audience are hardly gonna listen to them droning on for 45 mins.

Yes, both days (friday & saturday) are being played on the dammies.