PDA

View Full Version : Raigmore special care baby unit

beth210486
20-May-14, 22:06
Some of my friends and i have set up a fundraising group to raise funds for the special care baby unit in Raigmore hospital, it's a facility used regularly by Caithness families. My twins were born 4 weeks early and spent 2 weeks and 1 day in the unit so I wanted to say thank you for the care they received whilst there and the support my husband and I received. A friend (whose baby was in the unit at the same time as my girls) and I have planned to do a skydive on July 13th, this is a great challenge for us both. We would be so appreciative of any sponsors. Our just giving pages are www.justgiving.com/Beth-Nicol and www.justgiving.com/dawn-sewell. Thank you so much.

On the 13th June the committee are holding a pudding night at 7pm in the Thurso royal British legion. tickets are £5 each. There will be a raffle and lucky number square board available on the night too. If you would like any tickets please send me a message or email me locini2006@aol.com. Tickets will also be available in the next week from the dounreay building in the centre of town opposite m&co.

If you would like any more information please send me a message.

Thank you

Kodiak
21-May-14, 11:37
Well done for organising all this for such a worthy cause. I wish you all the best of luck and I hope you raise a shed load of cash. :)

KCI
21-May-14, 13:09
Brilliant idea! I've often thought about setting up a group like that for SCBU, but never have the time. My little girl was in SCBU for 3 months. Give me a shout if you need any help with fundraising etc, and if I can, I will help out.

wickblast
21-May-14, 16:40
Just pop into jacks bridge st wick i would like to make a donation to please, A great charity to support

beth210486
21-May-14, 19:45
Thank you all for your kind comments, Wickblast that is really nice thank you. KCI if you send me a personal message on here I can add you to my Facebook committee. We have another event organised for 10th August which is a sponsored fancy dress toddle and teddy bears picnic for the little ones

orkneycadian
21-May-14, 20:27
Thank you all for your kind comments, Wickblast that is really nice thank you. KCI if you send me a personal message on here I can add you to my Facebook committee. We have another event organised for 10th August which is a sponsored fancy dress toddle and teddy bears picnic for the little ones

Good luck with the fundraising and the pudding night! Its just a shame that, despite all their shouting about how much good they do for Scotland, that the Scottish Government are leaving funding for many heathcare facilities up to the charitable goodwill of the population. :(