PDA

View Full Version : The Great CHaP 'Knock-on Effect"

Rheghead
07-Mar-07, 15:02
I have just been told by my wood deliveryman that next year when CHaP gets underway in earnest the wood prices for small domestic users is set to increase by up to 50%. I wonder if councillors envisaged that this would happen when they gave approval for CHaP? :confused and do they find it acceptable that heating prices are set to increase for domestic users by this extortionate amount?

ywindythesecond
08-Mar-07, 00:45
I have just been told by my wood deliveryman that next year when CHaP gets underway in earnest the wood prices for small domestic users is set to increase by up to 50%. I wonder if councillors envisaged that this would happen when they gave approval for CHaP? :confused and do they find it acceptable that heating prices are set to increase for domestic users by this extortionate amount?

So your wood delivery man is your source of information. What is his source of information?

Working in Easter Ross many years ago it was commonly accepted that the best and most reliable information came from the bread van driver from Fearn!

The_man_from_del_monte
08-Mar-07, 01:32
"Wood deliveryman"? You live in a forest man, wouldn't it be cheaper buying a chainsaw?

Rheghead
08-Mar-07, 11:25
So your wood delivery man is your source of information. What is his source of information?

Rumster forest management.

dozerboy
08-Mar-07, 13:29
I am lucky enough to get as much wood for burning as I want for free. I have to collect it, but that's no big deal.

Free heat.............