PDA

View Full Version : Low, down, touch of the blues?

susie
18-May-14, 04:00
What do you do to cheer yourself up a bit when you are down in the blues trough?

Lambing time usually sets me off. I get tired with the night time lambings and then, when we get a hard one to lamb........I can barely draw a breath. Worse the older I get. This is not an appeal for alternatives to medical treatment, I'm asking in a chummy sort of way.

Cheers.

(Censored previously for trying to start a health section on the Org)

squidge
18-May-14, 08:58
A shower, do my hair then off to the shops for a new lipstick. Paint on that smile and life looks brighter.

singysmum
18-May-14, 12:55
Make myself a cup of coffee and go out to sit in the cosy 'nook' that my husband created in the back garden. I just sit and watch our geese mooching and eating, the small birds on the feeder, oh, I forgot to mention that I can also look out to sea as we live quite near the coast. We have a 180 degree view of the sea on the horizon and I honestly think that you couldn't beat that at all to make you slow down and recharge your batteries.

susie
18-May-14, 16:10
Thank you squidge and thank you singysmum, you both made me smile and pushed the lambing blues away a wee bit.

I've never been very good at lifting myself up, it's not always easy to find the right moment or even to have enough time.

Southern-Gal
18-May-14, 17:21
Walk with the dogs, ride out on pony, nice food, a drink or two and some 'ahem' time spent with other half ;)

Southern-Gal
18-May-14, 18:48
Have a look at this. Goals are the best way to ward of feeling low.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/karin-badt/depressed-your-seeking-sy_b_3616967.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false

Kevin Milkins
18-May-14, 21:57
After a long day at the coal face I found sat outside listening to the birds and waiting for my dinner to cook gave me the feel good factor. (unless your on a diet) 23933

sassylass
21-May-14, 17:19
That's an interesting article, it makes a lot of sense.

George Brims
21-May-14, 22:04
A shower, do my hair then off to the shops for a new lipstick. Paint on that smile and life looks brighter.
The power of lipstick, from the diary of Lt Col Gonin, in charge of the British troops who relieved Bergen-Belsen concentration camp.
"It was shortly after the British Red Cross arrived, though it may have no connection, that a very large quantity of lipstick arrived. This was not at all what we men wanted, we were screaming for hundreds and thousands of other things and I don't know who asked for lipstick. I wish so much that I could discover who did it, it was the action of genius, sheer unadulterated brilliance. I believe nothing did more for those internees than the lipstick. Women lay in bed with no sheets and no nightie but with scarlet red lips, you saw them wandering about with nothing but a blanket over their shoulders, but with scarlet red lips. I saw a woman dead on the post mortem table and clutched in her hand was a piece of lipstick. At last someone had done something to make them individuals again, they were someone, no longer merely the number tattooed on the arm. At last they could take an interest in their appearance. That lipstick started to give them back their humanity."

squidge
21-May-14, 23:08
Moving story. The power of lipstick is the strength of a smile :)

Angel
22-May-14, 23:26
Go into my recording studio and make music...fantastic.. Angel...