PDA

View Full Version : shopping trolleys

jacko
17-May-14, 21:12
You know if all supermarkets had trolleys where you pay a pound for (refundable on return) there would be less damaged cars caused by lazy so & so,s . I was waiting in my car at Tesco today when two able bodied women came out to the car park , loaded up their car s then drove off together,
(SEPARATE CAR S) leaving their trolleys lying where the car s were just twenty feet away from the trolley bay,what do the rest of you think ????
bloody maddening aint it .

Ps rant over .

Kodiak
17-May-14, 21:26
There was your chance to do your good deed for the day, but it sounds like you missed it, you could have got out from your Car, gathered up the Trolley's and stowed them away safely. :roll:

crayola
17-May-14, 21:36
You know if all supermarkets had trolleys where you pay a pound for (refundable on return) there would be less damaged cars caused by lazy so & so,s . I was waiting in my car at Tesco today when two able bodied women came out to the car park , loaded up their car s then drove off together,(SEPARATE CAR S) leaving their trolleys lying where the car s were just twenty feet away from the trolley bay,what do the rest of you think ????bloody maddening aint it .Ps rant over .Were you sitting in your car waiting for someone to do your shopping for you?

sids
17-May-14, 21:47
Did a car get damaged?

mi16
17-May-14, 21:53
You didn't mention how the cars got damaged (if they did)If so done hits a car with a trolley and refuses to pay for the damage then it's a matter for the police

jacko
17-May-14, 22:14
There was your chance to do your good deed for the day, but it sounds like you missed it, you could have got out from your Car, gathered up the Trolley's and stowed them away safely. :roll:

actually I DID .

jacko
17-May-14, 22:17
Were you sitting in your car waiting for someone to do your shopping for you?

I WAS WAITING FOR MY WIFE WHO JUST POPPED IN FOR SUPPOSEDLY JUST A FEW THING S.

GODDAMMIT YOU LOT ARE PICKY TONIGHT ARNT YA. yep i shouted that

jacko
17-May-14, 22:22
You didn't mention how the cars got damaged (if they did)If so done hits a car with a trolley and refuses to pay for the damage then it's a matter for the police

nope no car s got damaged , but isnt that the main cause of cars getting damaged in supermarket bays, cos lazy people dont take a few second s to return trolley,s and yes i did get out n do the decent thing . Im just stressing that if the charge was in place less or none of that would occur. you dont see that at Lidle s or Morrison,s.

crayola
17-May-14, 22:22
That's a yes then. What were you saying about lazy people?

jacko
17-May-14, 22:26
That's a yes then. What were you saying about lazy people?

yep picky . did nt you get the just a few thing s then .????? were not tied at the hip or anything

crayola
17-May-14, 22:28
Let me get this straight. You sit in your car while your wife does your shopping. But two women who do their own shopping are lazy?

jacko
17-May-14, 22:33
Let me get this straight. You sit in your car while your wife does your shopping. But two women who do their own shopping are lazy?

have it your way .. i care less what you think .

but next time your vehicle gets a knock , well we,ll see

crayola
17-May-14, 22:34
Did you complain when your wife didn't buy everything you wanted? Did you explain to the two women that they should stop being so lazy. Did you offer yourself as a positive role model to be admired and aspired to?

jacko
17-May-14, 22:37
Did you complain when your wife didn't buy everything you wanted? Did you explain to the two women that they should stop being so lazy. Did you offer yourself as a positive role model to be admired and aspired to?

are you in your menstrual cycle or what???

crayola
17-May-14, 22:37
So next time you go to Tesco you'll help your wife with the shopping? Or you'll do it all by yourself like A real man would?

jacko
17-May-14, 22:40
why did you say that . you do not know me i may be more of a man than you have ever seen . why are you so vindictive , are you getting a thrill outta this??

crayola
17-May-14, 22:42
Do you always resort to chauvinist behaviour and misogynistic comments when caught out by the fairer and harder working sex?

jacko
17-May-14, 22:47
you have single handedly turned a legitimate thread into a slanging match. hope you are proud of yourself.people like you are the reason why many people have abandoned caithness org,

(Do you always resort to chauvinist behaviour and misogynistic comments when caught out by the fairer and harder working sex? )

and you call me chauvinistic ... lol

crayola
17-May-14, 22:48
You don't live far from Tesco. Will you walk next time when you go shopping on your own for 'a few bits'?

jacko
17-May-14, 22:50
You don't live far from Tesco. Will you walk next time when you go shopping on on own for 'a few bits'?

now what are you implying . if you know me that well you will know that im not the one with walking difficulty s do, s that answer your sarcasim

crayola
17-May-14, 22:54
Was that a yes? You will walk when you behave like a real man and do the shopping yourself? Can you iron and work the washing machine too?

jacko
17-May-14, 23:01
Was that a yes? You will walk when you behave like a real man and do the shopping yourself? Can you iron and work the washing machine too?

actually i can and i do . in my circumstances i do help in the home ,much more than you know, not that it s any business of your,s. nor do i have to explain myself to you . you really know nothing about me so therefore you do not have the right to judge me .

crayola
17-May-14, 23:05
Don't forget to put the trolley away when you've loaded the car next time. And don't forget to check your facts when you start a thread next. You don't want to be seen as lazy and you don't want to be caught out starting a thread by posting photos that aren't what you claimed them to be. That would be lazy and disingenuous wouldn't it? Why don't you restore your pride by getting your wife to post and tell us all that you aren't really lazy and that your recent faux pas was out of character?

jacko
17-May-14, 23:08
lol why dont you just go away and learn some manners .

crayola
17-May-14, 23:08
Night night sweetie. Dream of me and it will be a lovely night for you I promise xx ;)

jacko
17-May-14, 23:10
please explain why i would want to dream about you.??????

mi16
17-May-14, 23:23
I think you could be correct jacko deffo on the blobBack on topic, I think the majority of car park dings are idiots opening doors into the side of the adjacent car or careless trolley pilots bouncing off parked cars

jacko
17-May-14, 23:29
I think you could be correct jacko deffo on the blobBack on topic, I think the majority of car park dings are idiots opening doors into the side of the adjacent car or careless trolley pilots bouncing off parked cars

AH, The voice of reason at last , thank you..On a windy day ive seen trolley s get blown from side to side of the car park.

rogermellie
18-May-14, 00:30
you can't win with that sort of mentality, it's not worth trying to explain how to be a good person to an imbecile in a car park when all they can think of is getting their super noodles home to the brood

don't worry jacko, karma has a weird way of sorting these people out, even if it's as obscure as having to pay the expense of visiting their kids in porterfield in 5 years time ... karma ;)

Dadie
18-May-14, 00:52
Never bought a pot noodle or a super noodle yet!
Pop tarts have been bought once...only.
Though wondering why the contents that the shopping trolley once held means it is is more likely to be let free to roam?
Surely a totally organic produce bought spending spree trolley is just as likely as a totally "junk food" trolley to cause damage if not put back properly ?
All food is ok in moderation and all that....sometimes my trolley is heaped with fruit n veg and meat ....other times it looks like the junk food fairy has landed with frozen pizza and icecream etc...but the trolley goes back to the trolley line up outside the shop or in the loading bits for them!

rogermellie
18-May-14, 01:04
thanks for the latest in depth story of your utopian lifestyle...

dadie, you're absolutely right, you can't judge a person's character by the contents of their trolley, for example i might look at your trolley and think ..'hey! there's someone who proudly admits that her cats shiting in her neighbours gardens isn't her problem'..... yet she's buying VEGETABLES ???!!

thanks for correcting me, selfish people come in all shapes and sizes ..... and so do their trolleys

susie
18-May-14, 03:47
I wonder if people who abandon supermarket trolleys assume that there is always someone in the car park to tidy up. My modus operandi is to take a trolley abandoned near the steps up to the road, use it, then park it up in one of the places provided. It seems to make sense to me to do this and I can't think of a reason not to carry on.

Wizzbang
18-May-14, 11:44
Get rid of the supermarkets

Dadie
19-May-14, 00:13
My cat isnt allowed out yet...due to having another 2 cats that dont get out as they are pedigrees and dont leave the house at the mo and they are going home soon.
So yes my cat will get out when they are gone and will roam a bit ....the tether will stop him from leaving the garden though!
As for a cat pooing in someone elses garden ...cats roam and legally they can so not my problem! though my cat doesnt get the chance...so def not my problem!
Plus my cat is wormed and flea treated as regular intervals even if it isnt out, or never been outside between treatments (weather) and he has been neutered so no interaction with "wild" or feral cats will cause a population explosion!
But back to the wandering trolley you found offensive..so what! ...park as far away from the door as you can and you wont encounter the wandering trolley or order online with an hours slot for delivery for £1 (selective slots which must cost less on petrol for both runs) and not set foot in the supermarket which might suit your blood pressure levels better!

mi16
19-May-14, 08:39
I find parking in the parent and child bays a real winnerMuch wider than a standard bay so less chance of a ding

PantsMAN
19-May-14, 12:28
I find parking in the parent and child bays a real winnerMuch wider than a standard bay so less chance of a ding

Another solution is to park across 2 bays - plenty room to avoid doors then...

It's not as if there is a parking shortage at Tesco.

mi16
19-May-14, 12:44
you sometimes get the a-hole that will squeeze their rust buckets in beside you when you space straddle

susie
19-May-14, 12:59
Am I missing something?

Isn't this thread about trolleys being left to roam free in the supermarket car park?

badger
19-May-14, 13:01
How on earth did a perfectly reasonable comment at the beginning of all this turn into such a nasty slanging match? Maybe his wife is like me and prefers going round on her own. Talk about jumping to conclusions.
It annoys me that people can't be bothered returning trolleys. Back to the £ coin issue, wonder what they'll do when we get the new "threepenny bit" type ones? Unless of course we all use those charity tokens.

mi16
19-May-14, 13:09
How on earth did a perfectly reasonable comment at the beginning of all this turn into such a nasty slanging match?.

Women.....controlled by the moon and the tides.
Often found howling at the moon, awwoooooooooo
Totally batpoo mental are most of them

jacko
19-May-14, 18:30
How on earth did a perfectly reasonable comment at the beginning of all this turn into such a nasty slanging match? Maybe his wife is like me and prefers going round on her own. Talk about jumping to conclusions.
It annoys me that people can't be bothered returning trolleys. Back to the £ coin issue, wonder what they'll do when we get the new "threepenny bit" type ones? Unless of course we all use those charity tokens.

Thank you Badger, my wife do,s has a slight walking disability , that s why i ran her to Tesco, she only needed a few personal cosmetic thing s that night and she do s prefer to shop for those few thing s on her own . Earlier that day I had done the main shop myself . And your spot on about the jumping to conclusions. By the way Crayola, i am a modern man, i clean . i vacume , i dust . i decorate, do the garden i have learnt to work the washing machine and i cook
although im still learning on that one. I did nt expect to be jumped on for posting my wee gripe , and thanks for the invite on the dream .but if it s all the same to you i,ll pass on that one .

mi16
19-May-14, 19:20
Thank you Badger, my wife do,s has a slight walking disability , that s why i ran her to Tesco, she only needed a few personal cosmetic thing s that night and she do s prefer to shop for those few thing s on her own . Earlier that day I had done the main shop myself . And your spot on about the jumping to conclusions. By the way Crayola, i am a modern man, i clean . i vacume , i dust . i decorate, do the garden i have learnt to work the washing machine and i cook although im still learning on that one. I did nt expect to be jumped on for posting my wee gripe , and thanks for the invite on the dream .but if it s all the same to you i,ll pass on that one . You did not need to explain your situation to anyone

crayola
20-May-14, 00:33
No of course he doesn't. We don't want to know his excuses for posting misogyny and chauvinism on this thread. And we definitely don't want to know why he posts filthy misogynistic trash on the jokes forum. The mystery is why he gets away with posting them in the general forum. He's as much a modern man as the head of the Football Association. I hope he enjoyed dreaming about me. You should try it. ;)

squidge
20-May-14, 00:41
He would likely get an awful fright Crayola...

jacko
20-May-14, 05:24
He would likely get an awful fright Crayola...Was thinking the same thing Squidge.

susie
20-May-14, 05:25
Never fear jacko your good humour and stoicism shine forth.

mi16
20-May-14, 05:58
No of course he doesn't. We don't want to know his excuses for posting misogyny and chauvinism on this thread. And we definitely don't want to know why he posts filthy misogynistic trash on the jokes forum. The mystery is why he gets away with posting them in the general forum. He's as much a modern man as the head of the Football Association. I hope he enjoyed dreaming about me. You should try it. ;) I have a spaniel at home to look at, thanks

orkneycadian
20-May-14, 06:20
are you in your menstrual cycle or what???

Steady on now Jacko, she has probably just been in the Fine White Hallucinogenic Wine again. When she is off her face on that, she imagines all sorts of things! ;)

jacko
20-May-14, 06:52
No of course he doesn't. We don't want to know his excuses for posting misogyny and chauvinism on this thread. And we definitely don't want to know why he posts filthy misogynistic trash on the jokes forum. The mystery is why he gets away with posting them in the general forum. He's as much a modern man as the head of the Football Association. I hope he enjoyed dreaming about me. You should try it. ;)Crayola. I cannot honestly say anything bad about you ,for the simple reason I just don't know ,have never met you and know nothing of you , You say an awful lot about me which is good coming from someone who has never met me , never conversed with me never been in my company . I see your now inviting other member s here to dream about you . i did wake up shaking this morning in a cold sweat ,dreamt a vile beast like thing with a long lashing tongue was in my bedroom . I know that was nt you . No it couldn't have . Your such a nice caring girl. Have a nice life. . Love you to. X. Ps. What has the chairman of the football association done to you ?

squidge
21-May-14, 07:48
Was thinking the same thing Squidge.Probably not for quite the same reasons Jacko

jacko
21-May-14, 11:20
Well. for whatever reason i would nt be interested anyway, and Im done here now on this thread . :cool:

luskentyre
25-May-14, 01:38

And the award for completely missing the point goes to....