PDA

View Full Version : Home Aid !

Aestus57
17-May-14, 18:33
Bought a small item of "quirky" furniture, in pristine condition, from them 3 years ago and paid £15.00. Tastes move on, so donated it back to them in not so pristine condition, and now see it on sale for £40.00 !!! Recession... / Inflation... ???? I Don't think so!!![evil]

rogermellie
17-May-14, 18:42
here we go, another homeaid bashing begins

you donated it to a charity, after that they can charge what they want

if it sells for £40 then you must have underpaid 3 years ago

rogermellie
17-May-14, 19:19
and another thing !!

if it sells for £40, you've helped homeaid raise £55 in total - you should be delighted !

baileys Bhoy
17-May-14, 19:39
I dont think its so much of a bashing but as we all thought home aid is there to help the less fortunate, I know when I had money worries I certinly couldnt afford £40 on one piece of furniture! I know the money raised helps people out
but surly asking for £40 is a bit high, I would be able to get something new for that price! Iv been in and seen a very obviously used sofa for sale for £200 I was totally gob smacked! The new sofa I bout last year was only £250 and obviously new! I do however regularly go in and browse the "bargins". And another thing when I was in financial trouble, I went to them because I had to furnish my new house, the stuff they gave me was in terrible condition (although I was happy to have been given it at all) the sofa didnt even have feet! + when I went to give it back in the same condition, they told me they couldnt accept it as it wasn't whole (in reference to the feet it didnt come with) + it didnt have fire certificate lables on it (again it never had these when i got given it!

rogermellie
17-May-14, 20:04
their regulations must have changed between you receiving the sofa and then donating it back as i'm sure they can't sell or give away soft furniture that doesn't have a fire certificate.

i get what you're saying about some of the high prices in the shop, i've seen some mad prices as well on some bits of furniture, but people must be paying these prices as the furniture seems to change pretty quickly.

i'd like to mention how friendly some of the staff are in Thurso homeaid, excellent customer service (especially Gary)

crashbandicoot1979
18-May-14, 18:19
Agree with rogermellie, Gary is a real asset to the Thurso shop.

I can't say I agree that their prices are too high though - I've bought various items of furniture from them in the last year, all good condition but old - which is the type of furniture I like - and I've found them very reasonable. I guess it depends on the item maybe.