PDA

View Full Version : Warning to all dog owners!!!

A. Gunn
17-May-14, 18:00
Had our wee cairn terrier up the moors a walk yesterday and he has injested something poisionous thats in the water. Started drooling, being sick and lethargic and then ended up having seizures. He is at the vets but its not looking good for him.

If you are taking your dog a walk anywhere near there then just be very careful.

cazmanian_minx
17-May-14, 18:03
:( Hope he pulls through.

Which moors, please?

A. Gunn
17-May-14, 18:06
The ones at the back of high ormlie

Mr P Cannop
17-May-14, 19:14
Had our wee cairn terrier up the moors a walk yesterday and he has injested something poisionous thats in the water. Started drooling, being sick and lethargic and then ended up having seizures. He is at the vets but its not looking good for him.

If you are taking your dog a walk anywhere near there then just be very careful.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww thats so sad

GrannyMags
17-May-14, 23:00
sorry about your doggie hope it pulls through could you please say which ones it was as am in moors most day the ones of moorside court there is also ones over at the bottom of henderson street

kosacid
18-May-14, 09:02
sounds like he has drunk some algae thats been growing in the water maby its a good idea for to take a water bottle for your dogs to drink out of, hope he fine

dragonfly
18-May-14, 09:30
so sorry to hear about your dog A.Gunn, hope he pulls through, the vets up here are fantastic and will do everything they can to save him. Did your dog drink from the burn or somewhere else? I often go up the moors and the dogs love going in the burn

A. Gunn
18-May-14, 11:00
It was the insecticides in the water. He took a drink out of one of the burns near the naver entrance to the moors. Sadly for us he didn't make it he passed away last night with the vet.

dragonfly
18-May-14, 12:47
so sorry for the loss of your pet and thank you for warning us about the water up there. I wonder if SEPA need to be notified?

lozbowles
18-May-14, 14:15
sorry for the loss off your dog

annshoe
18-May-14, 14:52
Very sorry to hear about your wee doggie x

A. Gunn
18-May-14, 16:42
Thank you for the kind words. We are going to make sure everyone knows about this so no one else has to loose their pets. We are looking into sepa to see what they say about this too.

GrannyMags
18-May-14, 17:34
i would like to thank you for your warning to others and sorry to hear of your lose rip wee man

rubber_duck
19-May-14, 00:39
How awful, so sorry to hear about your dog. :(

issy34
19-May-14, 01:52
we are all in shock as this happened on the friday he was such a energetic wee man was only 19 months old my daughter is devistated this should not have happened in the first place you should be able to take your dog out for a walk safely so please take high notice of this warning we dont want another dog to suffer.

susie
20-May-14, 11:32
Please will you let us know how you get on at SEPA and also if you find out the exact cause of your dreadful loss. Thank you.

Mr P Cannop
20-May-14, 15:39
just got this email

Hi Paul,
Following your email to the SEPA website I confirm that no-one has contacted the office regarding this issue but I had noticed on Caithness.org, I attended the burn in the area on Monday and obtained a sample of the watercourse. There were no signs of any herbicide application along the watercourse but I have sent the sample to the lab for analysis anyway, there is a possibility that there may have been naturally occurring algae which could have caused illness, should you have any further information I would be interested,
Thanks for getting in touch,
Regards
Emma

A. Gunn
23-May-14, 17:38
Spoke to Sepa on Wednesday and they said that they didnt think it was algae in the water and that they were sending the water sample off for re testing. They are also going to contact the vets to see if any other animals have been seen with similar symptoms. Hope they get to the bottom of this.

cramock
23-May-14, 18:19
Did the results from the retest come back?

Westward
23-May-14, 22:20
Spoke to Sepa on Wednesday and they said that they didnt think it was algae in the water and that they were sending the water sample off for re testing. They are also going to contact the vets to see if any other animals have been seen with similar symptoms. Hope they get to the bottom of this.

I am also sorry for your loss..a wee dog as young as yours ought not to have been taken so young, tragic is what it is. I had my doubts when you said insecticides in the water and SEPA have more or less confirmed this, I hope they do contact the vets for the simple reason, in my opinion, the vets just put any label on something they cannot explain, I too have suffered the loss of pets in the recent past and I am still awaiting explanation as to what actually did happen to my animals, the "label" I was afforded could not have been further from the truth..of course, I am not holding my breath on further explanation..I paid the bill..the matter is ended.. I hope & pray you find the actual cause for the loss of your pup. Good luck.

GrannyMags
24-May-14, 00:01
well I contacted sepa by email last monday asking if they could tell us when moors would be safe to walk our dogs and heard nothing back.also asked if moors burn from golf coarse down to naver had been checked you would think to protect any other dog they would have contacted me or on this page for all to see

doglover2
07-Jun-14, 07:17
just got this email

Hi Paul,
Following your email to the SEPA website I confirm that no-one has contacted the office regarding this issue but I had noticed on Caithness.org, I attended the burn in the area on Monday and obtained a sample of the watercourse. There were no signs of any herbicide application along the watercourse but I have sent the sample to the lab for analysis anyway, there is a possibility that there may have been naturally occurring algae which could have caused illness, should you have any further information I would be interested,
Thanks for getting in touch,
Regards
Emma

http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/poison/blue-green-algae/