PDA

View Full Version : Taxis that take credit cards....

therealducati
15-May-14, 12:00
.....Need a taxi to the airport soon, but would prefer to pay by credit card. Had a quick look a the business section, but canot see any which state this. Does anyone know of a company which takes credit cards?

igglepiggle
15-May-14, 13:29
Abacus Taxi's 01847 891117

orkneycadian
15-May-14, 14:04
Just pay them in cash. All these card transactions cost the seller, and simply put the prices up for both you, and everyone else.

mi16
15-May-14, 14:29
Just pay them in cash. All these card transactions cost the seller, and simply put the prices up for both you, and everyone else.

I think the OP was quite clear on their preferred method of payment. :roll:

orkneycadian
15-May-14, 17:29
He indeed was. I then added my view that if he paid in cash, then the current trend of paying by card, and making the banks richer in the progress, at the populations expense, might be avoided.

Lets not forget that the banks really really like folk to pay with cards. Everytime "money" changes hands, they get a cut. Meanwhile, say a shop that takes in its takings by cash, and pays its staff in cash, without putting it through the bank, pays no bank charges. As personal banking is generally free, the employees pay it into their banks for free.

We moan about the amount of our money the banks squander and pay themselves in bonuses, yet we like to hand it to them on a plate as well! ;)

Kevin Milkins
15-May-14, 19:46
I think bobbys bus has an app on his phone for taking card payments.

ducati
15-May-14, 20:51
He indeed was. I then added my view that if he paid in cash, then the current trend of paying by card, and making the banks richer in the progress, at the populations expense, might be avoided.

Lets not forget that the banks really really like folk to pay with cards. Everytime "money" changes hands, they get a cut. Meanwhile, say a shop that takes in its takings by cash, and pays its staff in cash, without putting it through the bank, pays no bank charges. As personal banking is generally free, the employees pay it into their banks for free.

We moan about the amount of our money the banks squander and pay themselves in bonuses, yet we like to hand it to them on a plate as well! ;)

If we all paid in chickens we could put the Royal Mint outa business, serves 'em right. :mad:

I married that realducati bloke BTW, I think there must be sumink wrong with me. :eek: