PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision - scotland entry

Green_not_greed
10-May-14, 23:21
If Scotland vote Yes then for the next Eurovision I see us coming in as one of the last. Unless of course King Alex wears a beard and sings falsetto. I wouldn't put it past him, he'll do anything for a vote......

golach
11-May-14, 00:18
If Scotland vote Yes then for the next Eurovision I see us coming in as one of the last. Unless of course King Alex wears a beard and sings falsetto. I wouldn't put it past him, he'll do anything for a vote......Love it lol

rogermellie
11-May-14, 00:50
given that the Eurovision is just an EU popularity contest, Alec could go on stage in a pink tutu and blow through a trombone with his arse and we'd still get more votes than England

mi16
11-May-14, 08:10
given that the Eurovision is just an EU popularity contest, Alec could go on stage in a pink tutu and blow through a trombone with his arse and we'd still get more votes than England

would hardly be difficult, as England do not enter the contst!

Kevin Milkins
11-May-14, 10:30
I thought the UK song was a plausible entry and I was surprised it didn't score higher. I came to the conclusion that either our European cousins don't like us or they could hear the sarcastic remarks being made by Graham Norton about all the other entry's.
Despite the UK song scoring low it was noticeable that most other entries prefer to sing in English.

Kodiak
11-May-14, 14:07
Despite the UK song scoring low it was noticeable that most other entries prefer to sing in English.

Quite correct as there was 20 Songs in English, 4 songs in Part English and Part their own Language and Only 2 Songs that were in their own Language. Makes you think!

mi16
11-May-14, 16:11
Quite correct as there was 20 Songs in English, 4 songs in Part English and Part their own Language and Only 2 Songs that were in their own Language. Makes you think!Not really, if these countries sung in their own lingo then only a small number of viewers would find it intelligible, by using English 99% of viewers could understand it.

Bobinovich
11-May-14, 16:13
Not really, if these countries sung in their own lingo then only a small number of viewers would find it intelligible, by using English 99% of viewers could understand it.

Shame the Scottish Government don't take the same view on Gaelic lol!

mi16
11-May-14, 16:15
Shame the Scottish Government don't take the same view on Gaelic lol!

Does fatboy sing in Gaelic?

rogermellie
12-May-14, 00:15
would hardly be difficult, as England do not enter the contst!

i thought we were talking hypothetically, if Scotland gains independance then the UK/English entry will continue to suffer the anti-english 'nil points'

if Wales were independant from the UK i reckon Bonnie Tyler would have won last year ;)

mi16
12-May-14, 09:19
i thought we were talking hypothetically, if Scotland gains independance then the UK/English entry will continue to suffer the anti-english 'nil points'

if Wales were independant from the UK i reckon Bonnie Tyler would have won last year ;)

But Bonie Tyler sung for the UK, therefore surely the same scenario would have developed. The only difference would be that Walses would have has their own entry.
Why do you assume that it is anti-English tactical voting?
It could be for all you know anti-British voting, or perhaps it is because our entry is year on year a steaming pile of horse manure that our scores are so low.