PDA

View Full Version : Astronot E.P. Launch Party - 24th March 2007

theboss
06-Mar-07, 17:15
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/2416/eplaunchnightwebposterfl0.jpg (http://astronot.co.uk)

Kev_Plastic_Food
06-Mar-07, 17:21
Lol, love the new Astronot banner :)

moncur
06-Mar-07, 17:22
Here bey! I reckon Reeeeeeev should turn up in e darth vader costume!! well, i dinna ken anyone wi an astronaut outfit but Darth lives in space! so thats good enough i'd say!

theboss
06-Mar-07, 17:23
Lol, love the new Astronot banner :)

Thanks very much Kev. Gleber2 came up with it. Quite catchy I think!

theboss
06-Mar-07, 17:25
Here bey! I reckon Reeeeeeev should turn up in e darth vader costume!! well, i dinna ken anyone wi an astronaut outfit but Darth lives in space! so thats good enough i'd say!

I reckon that sounds like a great plan.

You could make an astronaut outfit though... all you need is a silver/white/orange boiler suit and a fish bowl!

moncur
06-Mar-07, 17:35
I reckon that sounds like a great plan.

You could make an astronaut outfit though... all you need is a silver/white/orange boiler suit and a fish bowl!

man thats gonna have to be some size o bowl to fit ma coupon!

theboss
06-Mar-07, 17:39
man thats gonna have to be some size o bowl to fit ma coupon!

How about a blue swimming cap then, you know, like those things the astronauts wear before they blast off!

Gleber2
06-Mar-07, 19:47
Thanks very much Kev. Gleber2 came up with it. Quite catchy I think!

Scratches his head and wonders and can see no relationship between me and that poster. Whatever may have been said or not said I hope your new CD does better than your "Take over Bid" when it is put on my CD player. Good luck with it.
Ah, on second look, I see the connection. You know what they say about caps that fit!!!

Jeid
06-Mar-07, 20:53
It'll be better than when I put the Crimson Tide EP on(no offence to the band there).

I'm sure it won't distort like that effort :)

theboss
06-Mar-07, 22:44
Scratches his head and wonders and can see no relationship between me and that poster. Whatever may have been said or not said I hope your new CD does better than your "Take over Bid" when it is put on my CD player. Good luck with it.
Ah, on second look, I see the connection. You know what they say about caps that fit!!!

Banner was the word he used. BANNER! The poster as you correctly stated has nothing to do with you at all, but the BANNER says 'ASTROCRAP' which is the new name you came up with for my band in another post, remember? I know you're old but I was confident you knew the difference between a poster and a banner.

Glad you're going to BUY a copy of the Astronot EP. Mark will be delighted that you're listening to his production work i'm sure. He really is a great man!

Gleber2
07-Mar-07, 01:41
Banner was the word he used. BANNER! The poster as you correctly stated has nothing to do with you at all, but the BANNER says 'ASTROCRAP' which is the new name you came up with for my band in another post, remember? I know you're old but I was confident you knew the difference between a poster and a banner.

Glad you're going to BUY a copy of the Astronot EP. Mark will be delighted that you're listening to his production work i'm sure. He really is a great man!

I think, MR Bigpig(The tiltle of a song by Country Joe Macdonald), that it is rather obvious from my last post that I saw the mistake I made and stated so which renders most of the above as somewhat superfluous and petty.
I never bought a copy of your CD. It was brought to me by one you consider a friend and he panned it as much as I did when I heard it and gave it back to him. As Mr Wright spent all of five or six years sitting at my shoulder during most of my recording work I would say that he picked up a fair bit of ancient wisdom and I would like to think he is applying it. One of these days I will probably hear one of his mixes and praise it but, until now, that has not happened.
One's opinions are formed by one's education, experience, intelligence and ability and the longer one follows a particular path the more knowledge one acrues to back up one's opinions. Twice as long as you have been alive I have been following this path without diversion and taken that path through a large part of Planet Earth. It has been said that you cannot put an old head on young shoulders. How true. Put my head on your shoulders or your mate Jeids, and you would fall over from the weight.

crayola
07-Mar-07, 02:22
One's opinions are formed by one's education, experience, intelligence and ability and the longer one follows a particular path the more knowledge one acrues to back up one's opinions. Twice as long as you have been alive I have been following this path without diversion and taken that path through a large part of Planet Earth. It has been said that you cannot put an old head on young shoulders. How true. Put my head on your shoulders or your mate Jeids, and you would fall over from the weight.Have you opened your mind to new ideas at last then gleber2, or are those chauvinist thoughts getting too heavy for you to shoulder?

Our paths have not crossed on here for some time but I fear that you have not yet learned some vital life skills that the young men with whom you joust have long since learned. I speak of humility and willingness to learn from others. You talk like a Jedi but your incessant stalking of Jeid is tiresome. :roll:

Gleber2
07-Mar-07, 03:02
Have you opened your mind to new ideas at last then gleber2, or are those chauvinist thoughts getting too heavy for you to shoulder?

Our paths have not crossed on here for some time but I fear that you have not yet learned some vital life skills that the young men with whom you joust have long since learned. I speak of humility and willingness to learn from others. You talk like a Jedi but your incessant stalking of Jeid is tiresome. :roll:

Humility and willingness to learn in these young fellows? That statement alone is enought to make me dismiss your thoughts out of hand. In a word or two, you don't seem to know your subjects very well and you certainly don't know me. Incessant stalking? I have hardly posted in months and only posted this time because I considered Jeid's name-calling of a local group to be offensive and uncalled for. Am I supposed to take the resulting insulting, childish tirade without coming back? I don't think so!!!!!
Been to any witchcraft week ends recently?[evil]

Jeid
07-Mar-07, 03:13
Yawn yawn yawn...

theboss
07-Mar-07, 10:03
I think, MR Bigpig(The tiltle of a song by Country Joe Macdonald), that it is rather obvious from my last post that I saw the mistake I made and stated so which renders most of the above as somewhat superfluous and petty.
I never bought a copy of your CD. It was brought to me by one you consider a friend and he panned it as much as I did when I heard it and gave it back to him. As Mr Wright spent all of five or six years sitting at my shoulder during most of my recording work I would say that he picked up a fair bit of ancient wisdom and I would like to think he is applying it. One of these days I will probably hear one of his mixes and praise it but, until now, that has not happened.
One's opinions are formed by one's education, experience, intelligence and ability and the longer one follows a particular path the more knowledge one acrues to back up one's opinions. Twice as long as you have been alive I have been following this path without diversion and taken that path through a large part of Planet Earth. It has been said that you cannot put an old head on young shoulders. How true. Put my head on your shoulders or your mate Jeids, and you would fall over from the weight.

My good god this is getting tiring. If we've gained nothing else from this at least we have some extra interest in our E.P launch.

"MR Bigpig" that really is a cracker Johnny old boy. Congratulations on that one. That must've taken you ALL evening!

I am well aware of the man who brought you our CD and I am also VERY aware on his opinion of it. With that i'm fine as I consider him very much a friend and our bands continue to work together despite differences of opinion on people and matters. We're all very much friends!

You see, that's the difference between me and you. I can disagree with someone without throwing all my toys out of the pram over petty issues and dismissing people who you considered as long time friends. My experiences of you are pathetic. I still can't think of a reason why we originally entered your domain. Had it not been for Chobbers' exceptional talent, i'm pretty confident I wouldn't have. Despite all the past issues i'm glad that while Chobbers may mock me and my friends behind my back, at least he's still civil to me on the odd occasions our paths do cross and I am civil to him, as is Jeid.

Our musical community is so small and yet you still find ways to break relationships due to miniscule disagreements. Well done. You are indeed, as Jeid stated, "the king". I have alot of respect for the majority of musicians in Caithness and you are the only one I have ever completely fallen out with. As I said above, even Chobbers still speaks to me on occassion and if it boils down to it, the original fall out was with him, not you!

I think i've had my say now and intend to leave this 'discussion' alone. Nothing will ever be resolved over a message board and unless you would be willing to sit down and actually talk about the issues we've covered then I see no point in continuing this. Hiding behind a computer doesn't get anyone, anywhere!

rob murray
07-Mar-07, 11:38
Congratulations and well done guys, its great to see a young local band writing and releasing their own material. Do you intend to promote the release outwith the county ie through touring / on / off line distribution, press / PR activities ? I am connected with a production company who could be interested in offering you some help, if you so desire

crayola
10-Mar-07, 00:58
Humility and willingness to learn in these young fellows? That statement alone is enought to make me dismiss your thoughts out of hand. In a word or two, you don't seem to know your subjects very well and you certainly don't know me. Incessant stalking? I have hardly posted in months and only posted this time because I considered Jeid's name-calling of a local group to be offensive and uncalled for. Am I supposed to take the resulting insulting, childish tirade without coming back? I don't think so!!!!!
Been to any witchcraft week ends recently?[evil]Yes, humility and willingness to learn in these young fellows. They listen and are not arrogant and dismissive. They want to move forward rather than dwelling on past 60s ideas of karma and dreams that have not and will not ever come true and thank goodness for that.

You have been picking on Jeid for a long time even if you don't do it very often. Will you start picking on me because I don't bow to your old age stuck-in-the-60s dogma? I thought you were a teenager when I started posting here because you think you know it all but you come over as knowing nothing.

You say that I certainly don't know you. I know you from your posts and that's enough for me. I don't think very much of them and I'm so far ahead of you in witchcraft terms that you'd never believe it. I know you've done it too so don't play that innocent card. How do I know? I'm a better witch than you are goddamnit. :lol:

Chobbersjnr
10-Mar-07, 01:34
I'm so far ahead of you in witchcraft terms that you'd never believe it. I'm a better witch than you are goddamnit. :lol:

LMAO mwahahahahaha complete with black cat & broom stick

LMAO big time

exceedingly hilarious

made my week

Jeemag_USA
10-Mar-07, 02:42
Is there any chance this monumental event could be streamed live on the innernet so caithness rejects can watch it across the pond, make it a first for a Caithness band and get someone to set up a webcam!

Yes it seems the Music section is becoming a shooting gallery, it seems people who don't even normally post in here are now coming in to stir the pot in their own childish way because they have nothing better to do than pretend to be smert and a witch, don't see that its really necessary when if you really want to annoy someone and get attention for yourself you could do it through PM to the person you want to wind up, no? Then everyone else won't have to listen to your ego inflated "I am urntellygent" rubbish! ;)

People with beefs or old feuds should sort out their differences privately and leave the forum as enjoyable for thos who want to come in and enjoy it!

GOOD LUCK ASTRONOT! :cool:

Gleber2
10-Mar-07, 02:45
I'm a better witch than you are goddamnit. :lol:
That quote , in itself, says it all. Away and play wi' your familiar.:Razz

crayola
10-Mar-07, 03:16
That quote , in itself, says it all. Away and play wi' your familiar.:RazzAs per usual you avoid engagement when challenged. You should learn from wise young heads like jeid and theboss and rob murray. Come back when you have something to say that's worth listening to.

Typical old hippy.

Chobbersjnr
10-Mar-07, 03:36
Yes it seems the Music section is becoming a shooting gallery, it seems people who don't even normally post in here are now coming in to stir the pot in their own childish way because they have nothing better to do than pretend to be smert and a witch, don't see that its really necessary when if you really want to annoy someone and get attention for yourself you could do it through PM to the person you want to wind up, no? Then everyone else won't have to listen to your ego inflated "I am urntellygent" rubbish! ;)

People with beefs or old feuds should sort out their differences privately and leave the forum as enjoyable for thos who want to come in and enjoy it!

nothing changes

crayola
10-Mar-07, 03:36
LMAO mwahahahahaha complete with black cat & broom stick

LMAO big time

exceedingly hilarious

made my weekYou'd laugh even more if you had the faintest idea what I'm getting at. :roll:

Chobbersjnr
10-Mar-07, 03:40
rob murray. .

man's at least 100 years old.....young, you obviously don't know him

Chobbersjnr
10-Mar-07, 03:46
You'd laugh even more if you had the faintest idea what I'm getting at. :roll:

haha what makes you think I don't

Gleber2
10-Mar-07, 03:59
As per usual you avoid engagement when challenged. You should learn from wise young heads like jeid and theboss and rob murray. Come back when you have something to say that's worth listening to.

Typical old hippy.

You're not challenging, you're merely insulting and I treat your comments with the contempt they deserve. I hope you know more about witchcraft than you do about the people you seem to be defending and those you are attacking or you could be dangerous.

Jeid
10-Mar-07, 11:16
Oh Johnny boy... you radge you!

Crayola? Insulting? Nah, not at all.

I think she has a point about you avoiding confrontation. I merely asked questions in the Big Gig 2 thread, and you avoided them like the plague. You hate confrontation. Everytime someone gets one over you on here, you come out with your usual pish like "contempt" or "you're acting like a child" etc. How boring and repetitive. If I've read one of your posts, I've read a hundred of them on here because they're all so similar. You even go as far as to use your age as an excuse to avoid things.

Do you know more about the people you are attacking? Probably not, but you try and think you do. The fact that we all have our little stories about you(and I've heard these since i was 16) from people who were close to you (and rightly got the hell away from you) and the only thing you have on the likes of myself is what you've read in my posts proves that. Perhaps Isaac has told you about me from our brief chats in the pub or at gigs? Hardly a good basis for knowledge huh?

Gleber2
10-Mar-07, 13:18
Oh Johnny boy... you radge you!

Crayola? Insulting? Nah, not at all.

I think she has a point about you avoiding confrontation. I merely asked questions in the Big Gig 2 thread, and you avoided them like the plague. You hate confrontation. Everytime someone gets one over you on here, you come out with your usual pish like "contempt" or "you're acting like a child" etc. How boring and repetitive. If I've read one of your posts, I've read a hundred of them on here because they're all so similar. You even go as far as to use your age as an excuse to avoid things.

Do you know more about the people you are attacking? Probably not, but you try and think you do. The fact that we all have our little stories about you(and I've heard these since i was 16) from people who were close to you (and rightly got the hell away from you) and the only thing you have on the likes of myself is what you've read in my posts proves that. Perhaps Isaac has told you about me from our brief chats in the pub or at gigs? Hardly a good basis for knowledge huh?
My cotributions to this thread have come to an end. It was good fun with Crayola last night on this thread and the general . Many people have told me, who know you well, how much you are disliked on the local scene and why. Everything you have said on this forum has only confirmed what was said.
Nasty, arrogant talentless control freak seems to be the general consensus.
Getting more unpopular by the day it would seem.
I don't care what you think. When you have lived long enough to accept your problems and do something about them then perhaps we can have a dialogue. Until then, as my friend Deemac has done, I will put you on my ignore list. BTW there are quite a few people who are not very happy about being referred to as "Yesmen". Watch yourself.

zebedy
10-Mar-07, 15:03
chobbers chobbers chobbers!

u caved for a myspace i see!
i mind u makin a big scene over Tristen Sueme having a myspace did u not?

hahahhaa

zebedy
10-Mar-07, 15:16
As per usual you avoid engagement when challenged. You should learn from wise young heads like jeid and theboss and rob murray. Come back when you have something to say that's worth listening to.

Typical old hippy.

Usualy im the one to sit back and just watch these debets happening on the org

but honestly crayon dude!

no need to be sticking your nose in about this to provoke the other orgers involved in this!

Gleber2
10-Mar-07, 15:18
Usualy im the one to sit back and just watch these debets happening on the org

but honestly crayon dude!

no need to be sticking your nose in about this to provoke the other orgers involved in this!

Watch it dude, they'll be calling you a yesman next lol.[evil]

Chobbersjnr
10-Mar-07, 16:25
Perhaps Isaac has told you about me from our brief chats in the pub or at gigs? Hardly a good basis for knowledge huh?

there's more than me like to slander a mans name from time to time. Believe me

Chobbersjnr
10-Mar-07, 16:29
chobbers chobbers chobbers!

u caved for a myspace i see!
i mind u makin a big scene over Tristen Sueme having a myspace did u not?

hahahhaa

aye it's a must if you want to contact other myspacers

Jeid
10-Mar-07, 20:32
Many people have told me, who know you well, how much you are disliked on the local scene and why. Everything you have said on this forum has only confirmed what was said.
Nasty, arrogant talentless control freak seems to be the general consensus.
Getting more unpopular by the day it would seem.
I don't care what you think. When you have lived long enough to accept your problems and do something about them then perhaps we can have a dialogue. Until then, as my friend Deemac has done, I will put you on my ignore list. BTW there are quite a few people who are not very happy about being referred to as "Yesmen". Watch yourself.

There must be about four people who walk the earth that know me well, I play in a band with two of them, go out with one and live with another. So the people who "know me well" don't know me as well as you think.

I've never claimed to be talented... never once, Darren and Stevie will tell you what I think of my talents as a musician are. I don't even know chords. Control freak? Sometimes. Unpopular? Who cares? I ain't here to please people.

I don't really care what you think either in all honesty. I don't walk the earth constantly thinking "what does that man in the lighthouse think about me?"

Yesmen? Lol... Is that some sort of threat there?[lol]

Jeid
20-Mar-07, 00:42
b..b...bump!

This Saturday night folks

henry20
21-Mar-07, 13:27
I can't make it as I'll be working - shame really, any excuse to get dressed as an astronaut! :lol: ;)

Jeid
21-Mar-07, 23:58
Shame... get a fish bowl on your head ;)

Anyway... I've always wanted to be on page 3... today I achieved that. Someone said to me at work that Darren and Stevie should be holding sheep or chickens as they looked like farmers! ;)

The Pepsi Challenge
22-Mar-07, 13:12
You should set up an off-shoot: Barnyard Oddities and the Massey Ferguson 750.

theboss
22-Mar-07, 22:54
bump...........bump...............bump............ ....bump

theboss
23-Mar-07, 15:41
bump................bump.......................bum p
not long now!!!!!!!!!!

theboss
24-Mar-07, 12:50
Our E.P launch is tonight!!!!

moncur
24-Mar-07, 18:48
Our E.P launch is tonight!!!!

Hmm was that a 'BUMP' in disguise?

theboss
24-Mar-07, 19:14
no just an opportunity to remind people that we're playing tonight!!

moncur
25-Mar-07, 13:24
howd it go last night? I turned up after and think i spoke to folk bout it but as u all seen i was a little worse for wear so cant remember much.

I do remember the big mac mention a mosh competition?

the_big_mac
25-Mar-07, 13:47
howd it go last night? I turned up after and think i spoke to folk bout it but as u all seen i was a little worse for wear so cant remember much.

I do remember the big mac mention a mosh competition?

Yeah, im a suker for mosh comps! Next time it will be the return of the air guitar comp :cool:;)

Jeid
25-Mar-07, 13:55
Last night was awesome \m/

thanks to everyone who turned up (nearly 200!!) and bought CD's, drank beer and had a great time.

Myself and the big mac had our own little air guitar competition... "PAINKILLER!!!!"

the_big_mac
25-Mar-07, 14:00
Last night was awesome \m/

thanks to everyone who turned up (nearly 200!!) and bought CD's, drank beer and had a great time.

Myself and the big mac had our own little air guitar competition... "PAINKILLER!!!!"

And Painkiller is exactly what is needed now!! Im not very well.

Jeid
25-Mar-07, 14:24
Aw... you poor wee boyagee!

Jeemag_USA
25-Mar-07, 15:03
How many do you have left for sale and how much do they cost, I can get someone to pick one up for me and get it when I come over on Hols?

moncur
25-Mar-07, 15:37
BUMP..... Oh wait.... Sorry, wrong thread

DOC ROCK
26-Mar-07, 14:27
[quote=theboss;Our E.P launch is tonight!!!!

Ace night on Saturday guys. All the bands were very good indeed! It certainly was a very successful night, finished off by Astronot who rocked the place with a high energy set. Well done lads. Looking forward to next Saturday too...

zebedy
26-Mar-07, 16:18
Astronot
Those Feelings
Live @ EP launch night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLYs6LiSUrw

The Pepsi Challenge
26-Mar-07, 16:38
Can I get fries with that, please?