PDA

View Full Version : Estate Agents

Twixy
02-May-14, 09:55
Wonder if anyone could advise me who would be the best Estate Agent to use in Thurso for selling and buying house.

Rangers1
02-May-14, 15:26
Remax in Thurso, all the rest are useless

Murdina Bug
05-May-14, 09:47
Now I would have said exactly the opposite! I think you need to do the hard work yourself and phone round, ask them to come appraise your property, ask about fees and how they would market it, ask how properties like yours are selling at the moment. Get a feel for which one you feel most comfortable with. The other consideration is whether you want just an estate agency in which case you will need to get a seperate solicitor or do you go to a combined one.

Twixy
05-May-14, 10:14
Already have a solicitor so just need Estate Agent. Does anyone know roughly how much it is to get a home report done.

RJM
05-May-14, 11:37
It depends on the value of your property. I have been quoted £450 for mine.

achingale
10-May-14, 19:14
You could of course market the property yourself using the Org, Facebook, Twitter etc which would save you a fair bit and just use your solicitor for conveyancing. I agree with Murdina Bug though if you use an estate agent. Get a feel for them and go with your instinct. Good luck with it all.

philupmaboug
10-May-14, 19:22
Agree with Achingale, go it alone, have used all of them and they are all useless so sold on my own on three occasions with the net and paid no commission. simples ;)

bagpuss
16-May-14, 22:19
I used Torrance's in Invergordon to get the home report done.