PDA

View Full Version : You Have Company ............

jinglejangle
05-Mar-07, 17:35
does anyone know what it means if a message comes through the computer speakers saying 'you have company'? initially i thought i must have new e:mails but nothing has been sent!

Torvaig
05-Mar-07, 17:53
Have you tried your messenger service?

jinglejangle
05-Mar-07, 22:52
messenger service? what does that mean?

Torvaig
05-Mar-07, 23:59
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/240063

I'm not too techy minded but above is a link for your information. Mine was installed for me when I bought this 'puter and I only used it to communicate with a few people. Quite good fun but can be a nuisance sometimes although you can tick a box to say you are offline even when you aren't! :lol:

I haven't used it for a long while now.

Of course, maybe that is not what your alert is about at all ;) but it is interesting all the same!

maidencaithness
10-Mar-07, 18:44
does anyone know what it means if a message comes through the computer speakers saying 'you have company'? initially i thought i must have new e:mails but nothing has been sent!

AOL instant maessenger uses this when one of your "buddies" comes on-line so you can chat/ignore them. But as all messenger services are nothing but virus spreaders best to switch them all off!

jinglejangle
12-Mar-07, 20:54
Thanks to those who replied - problem now sorted - it was the buddies list that needed switch off. :Razz

marylund2323
18-Apr-07, 23:11
id put my money on spyware,adware or a virus....id get some decent software to scan for it if i were you....for all you know it could be listening to your keystrokes and sending them off to a remote server

EDIT----------------------
just seen last note....nothing wrong with been a bit paraniod is there?? lol