PDA

View Full Version : Esk 579

trinkie
05-Mar-07, 17:02
I spotted this old Caithness car in South Wales day...

A Daimler Sports car...
Does anyone remember it? Or indeed own it !

Trinkie

Angela
05-Mar-07, 17:06
What year would that have been, trinkie?

I remember when cars were just SK and then ASK appeared...but can't think when.

We never had a posh car like that...a little Morris and then a humble Ford Popular for us! :lol:

jaykay
05-Mar-07, 17:18
ESK 579 was never issued in Caithness. It was one of the numbers that was never used and sold off by Swansea as a cherished registration number. Therefore the car that it is now on probably has nothing to do with Caithness.

Torvaig
05-Mar-07, 17:20
ESK 579 was never issued in Caithness. It was one of the numbers that was never used and sold off by Swansea as a cherished registration number. Therefore the car that it is now on probably has nothing to do with Caithness.

There are a lot of them about; oft seen ont' telly!:)

Torvaig
05-Mar-07, 17:23
Knew it was here somewhere.... check post 12 especially....
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=20225&highlight=sk+number+plates

ŠAmethyst
05-Mar-07, 17:42
There are a lot of them about; oft seen ont' telly!:)

What? On Police Camera Action... or Road Wars? lol... ok, bad joke but I had to say it! :p

trinkie
05-Mar-07, 20:34
Thank You -
Jaykay, I feared it was not a Caithness car.

I still get a buzz when I see SK on a car. But now it means nothing at all ! I no longer go up and ask the driver who he is !!

In my day in Caithness we knew many of the car numbers and who owned the cars. No such fun now though !

mooncat
06-Mar-07, 18:56
But it is nice to see some old SK and ASK plates on the go I have ASK 284 on my old mans Triumph 2000 Mk1 Estate, it was originally on a Hillman Minx but he kept it as a link to Caithness when living in Edinburgh, and I have recently bought an old Mini with the re-registered number of XSK 543 which looks nice, and with the Tractor we have SK 6068, so not surprising I called my business ASK Restorations... 8-)

bosco
06-Mar-07, 22:56
i am looking for - bsk - if there is any on the market, nice to know how much it will cost me

trinkie
07-Mar-07, 11:48
Well, it tooks like many of us love to spot a Caithness SK number.........

In the 1960- 70s the biggest thrill whilst driving north, was to spot a STEVENS LORRY ! As we drove from Devon to Caithness - 24hours non stop - we would often see one.
We would all wave furiously at the driver - who likely wondered what on earth was happening.

In those days Eddie Stobbart did not exist, but STEVENS lorry was the one the children had to mark off on their notepads ! The winner got an extra sweetie !
And I knew I was nearing home !

mooncat
07-Mar-07, 14:25
BSK numbers are difficult to get as there were few issued and the rest would have been used for reissues and then probably not transferable... I was offered an FSK number if anyone is interested.... I also will be selling a DRS number shortly....