PDA

View Full Version : who delivers for Yodel???

teuchter
26-Apr-14, 16:45
hi, could anyone please tell me which courier it is that delivers for Yodel in the Lybster area? they allegedly tried to deliver a parcel to me an hour ago, according to the tracking reference , yet I'm sitting at home, no-one has been here, and there is no card through the door to say they have tried. Some lazy little fart is obviously zapping barcodes at home I think.

poppett
26-Apr-14, 20:05
I had a parcel delivered today by ParcelinQ and it started life in England as a Yodel parcel.

Top marks to the driver as the address label had little more than a postcode and the bottom half of the house number and street, but he went out of his way to find me. I have four other items coming from the same company but through Hermes and they were scanned to the courier on Thursday at 05.30 in Inverness.... guess he must have come the long way round.

Check in your bins teuchter, we lost a parcel at Christmas when a courier driver put it safely in "your bin" and left a card in the door to that effect. Sadly he had put it in somebody elses bin............on bin day! Luckily the company expedited an immediate refund and free delivery on my next order.

Kazzi
27-Apr-14, 01:49
Same here Teuchter! Got a text from the distributor to say that 'Yodel' had delivered our parcel and just out of interest, as we had been here all day and all evening, I checked Yodels tracking information. According to them, the parcel was delivered at 19:05...........wish I knew where! We had no visitors at all today - we know this for a fact and the early-warning system (the dogs :) ) was silent all day! Still checked bins, vehicles and garage just in case though. As it's dog food we're waiting for and it was taking an unusually long time to get here, I rang ParcelinQ in Inverness on Friday and was assured that the parcel was on the van so.........not looking forward to Monday because I'm going to have to be a grumpy-stump with someone! The guy who usually delivers here is absolutely brilliant so I don't know what's going on.

Birons
27-Apr-14, 10:16
Last year I bought some items off EBay from a guy in Shrewsbury and he posted them with a delivery day as Wednesday.
Friday came and I contacted him to report that I had not received my delivery, he told he would check it out for me. The transport report stated that is was attempted to be delivered at 12.15, but no one at home and a card was left for the item to be collected from the depot and it was indeed collected that day at 5.25.
I explained that we are a shop and our opening hours are 9 till 5.30 and we had not received a card or made a collection, but they insisted that this was the case. When I sent them an email with a clip of our CCTV that clearly shows the driver not delivering the parcel, the parcel miraculously turned up and it would be delivered the following Wednesday. I got no explanation or apology from ParcelinQ and when I questioned the driver he said, "wasn't me mate, that driver has finished with us now". I think he was fibbing.

Big Gaz
27-Apr-14, 10:24
Reckon this thread's title should be changed to "Who doesn't deliver for Yodel?" :)

Birons
27-Apr-14, 10:31
Reckon this thread's title should be changed to "Who doesn't deliver for Yodel?" :)

I don't think its important who is delivering for who, as long as it turns up on time and in good order, but I resent being told a load of porkies because the sub contractor isn't capable of doing his job.

nicnak
27-Apr-14, 10:58
Hi we too have no end of problems with this and when i spoke to the manager at the inverness depot he said the driver had a habit of just not bothering cos he was short on time so put on the sheets he had attempted to deliver . They actually have an abililty to check where the device was scanned at ( eg where he put in he couldnt deliver it at) telephone them on 01463 714964 or 01463 712325 yodel are now called parcel linq up here to try to get away from the bad name , not doing a very good job though lol, get in touch its amazing then how quick they can deliver something, I had the actual driver on my doorstep the next morning apologizing and I really ripped a strip offa him cos I had waited in on three separated occaisions cos he couldna do his job!

Moonboots
27-Apr-14, 20:17
May i ask where do you all live. As there are new drivers in the area and maybe its only 1 area its happening in.

nicnak
27-Apr-14, 22:00
Caithness, when I spoke to the manager at parcel linq he siad the driver had a history of this behaviour my answer was well why employ him then????

Moonboots
27-Apr-14, 23:07
Sorry nicnak, what I should have said was, where in Caithness lol.
It cant be any of the new guys then since they said he does it the whole time however this is still no good

samanthaflax02
28-Apr-14, 09:34
ParcelinQ in England as a Yodel parcel.

teuchter
28-Apr-14, 18:34
The parcel is still missing in action. Asked for it to be redelivered today, funnily enough.....no parcel. Phoned Amazon, who phoned Yodel, who admitted they don't deliver up here and have passed it on to Parcelinq.....today at 10.52 this morning. Funny that after they "tried" to deliver it on Saturday. Do Amazon care the fact that my order has sat in Inverness since late afternoon on the 22nd. Nope, Amazon don't care that an expensive laptop has spent exactly 6 days kicking about with various couriers, and no they don't care that they have lost me as a customer. Personally I will be checking before all future purchases who the courier will be, and anyone using this farce of a company won't be getting my hard earned pennies.

orkneycadian
28-Apr-14, 19:08
And I assume you all still think that these couriers do a better job than Royal Mail?

Big Gaz
28-Apr-14, 19:24
And I assume you all still think that these couriers do a better job than Royal Mail?

You don't really have a choice when you buy something off the internet unless you tell the seller that you will arrange pickup. Otherwise you are at the mercy of incompetent and overpriced couriers

BRIE
29-Apr-14, 10:24
Looks like this particular delivery driver just cant be bothered to deliver!!!! I too was waiting on a delivery in Lybster area I received 2 emails one on Thursday & 1 on Saturday saying my parcels were delivered (They were supposed to be delivered wednesday) yet no sign of any parcels! I rang the company i ordered from (Very) & asked where the order was ,she told me it was delivered which obviously it wasnt she said it had to be signed for so the delivery driver had obviously faked mine! told the lady on phone she could tell them not to deliver my parcels as i had needed them for saturday & were no use to me now!!! also told her to cancel my account as I wouldnt be ordering again if this was the delivery company they used! she was extremely apologetic & said she would refund & close account, Then yesterday my neighbour arrives with my parcels that the driver had just dropped off at their house as he apparently couldnt find mine!! more like he realised he was going to get into big trouble for faking the delivery in the first place!!!

Big Gaz
29-Apr-14, 10:40
Then yesterday my neighbour arrives with my parcels that the driver had just dropped off at their house as he apparently couldnt find mine!! more like he realised he was going to get into big trouble for faking the delivery in the first place!!!

Amazes me how many delivery drivers can't (or won't) use a telephone to ask for directions. Years ago, no mobile telephone and the nearest public box would have been miles away so that was a genuine answer but today when even nursery school kids have one, there is no excuse. I take it your neighbour enlightened the driver as to where you lived or did he just dump the parcels and run?

Birons
29-Apr-14, 12:11
I wish I could upload the clip of the delivery driver not making the delivery to our shop,
At the time of delivery It had number twenty in three different places outside and he actually looked up at them, turned the box over and kept walking.

orkneycadian
29-Apr-14, 19:26
You don't really have a choice when you buy something off the internet unless you tell the seller that you will arrange pickup. Otherwise you are at the mercy of incompetent and overpriced couriers

Which sounds a very good reason to pick up yourself using Royal Mail / Parcelforce or shop elsewhere.

BRIE
29-Apr-14, 20:12
[QUOTE=Big Gaz;1080320]Amazes me how many delivery drivers can't (or won't) use a telephone to ask for directions. Years ago, no mobile telephone and the nearest public box would have been miles away so that was a genuine answer but today when even nursery school kids have one, there is no excuse. I take it your neighbour enlightened the driver as to where you lived or did he just dump the parcels and run?[/QUOThE]

He dumped & ran! would of taken him 2 minutes to bring it to me too but he would of known I would of refused delivery which would of left him with alot of explaining to do!!

euan the driver
30-Apr-14, 07:36
ParcelinQ is NOT part of yodel,we are a sister company of jbt. yodel can send emails etc but they dont know its delivered coz theyve not been updated till days end by parcelinQ,i know of numerous occasions when a delivery with me to a very remote area was "delivered" 3 hours before i arrived at adress an the customer was frantic as had lost deliveries via other couriers in the past. Most drivers are highly dedicated an motivated to do the job. ParcelinQ had 1 outbased driver up in caithness this has changed an theyve taken on 3 more currently based at a temp staging in thurso. The 3 new drivers are from here an still learning the areas,this is good for Caithness in the long run,unfortunately i cannot comment on other past drivers behaviour an attitudes r.e delivery but i can say now with the local drivers in place an given enough time to learn the area.

poppett
30-Apr-14, 08:32
One of the new ParcelinQ drivers delivered a Yodel parcel to me on Saturday morning. He found me from a postcode and the bottom half of the first line of the address, so good for him. Just a pity the parcel was due to be delivered on the previous Thursday, according to the Yodel tracking page.

Any improvement on Caithness delivery has got to be good............the name means nothing, its the service that matters.

Keep up the good work, Euan and the "new kids on the block".

teuchter
30-Apr-14, 16:37
well our delivery turned up after 8o'clock last night, only after Amazon chased Yodel who chased Parcelinq. yes it was proven that a card was never left on Saturday or delivery attempted, as the poor driver didn't know how to find me. yes, he admitted my parcel had been in his van for "days", altho he wouldn't admit how many. the reason y order was in th back of his van for "days"....he didn't know where I lived. ????????????????????????????? parcelinq have delivered to us a dozen times and more in the past, don't they tell new drivers anything?? how can they not find the main street in lybster????????? can people not us GPS or maps????? can they not open their mouths and ask for directions????? I actually feel sorry for the poor bloke who no doubt got it in the ear from above about this, being new in the job. until yodel/parcelinq sort out this kind of farce, I will be cancelling/boycotting any company who are using them as their delivery agent.

orkneycadian
30-Apr-14, 18:55
...I will be cancelling/boycotting any company who are using them as their delivery agent.

Progress. Now, all you need to do is boycott any company that don't use the Royal Mail / Parcelforce, and all your worries will be over!

CARAMELB
30-Apr-14, 21:20
I have always had excellent service from ParcelinQ, its only fair to give the new drivers on new routes a chance to settle into routine.

acameron
30-Apr-14, 22:25
I have had numerous parcels deliver through Yodel. I have also had messages saying "parcel delivered". I believe when the parcels are dropped off in inverness, yodel then scans it as delivered. ParcelQ who then picks it up get the flac because yodel registers there final drop off in inverness.
Euan and team are superb at what they do, just unfortunate that it is assumed that the delivery driver in caithness are to blame for the whole process.

teuchter
01-May-14, 17:22
I wouldn,t call it a superb service when my parcel arrived in Inverness on the 22nd of the month, but didn't make it to me till the evening of the 29th. I would call that a damn disgrace and an embarrassment for any firm. If Parcelinq think it is acceptable to not deliver customers parcels because they don't know where people live, they aren't going to do very well in the delivery business for long.

aidipi
03-May-14, 11:58
Yodel are absolutely hopeless. They regularly deliver to the wrong address, sometimes leaving parcels in someone else's shed or as at present have had a parcel since 29th April in theirInverness depot with no idea when I will get it.

neilsermk1
06-May-14, 21:13
Oh Boy this does not sound good for the Anniversary pressie I ordered, Just had an e mail to say it was with YODEL in Inverness.
Anniversary tomorrow looks like i may be in the poo. :~(

poppett
07-May-14, 16:31
Sorry but I don`t fancy your chances either. Happy anniversary.

samhutchinson1979
07-May-14, 18:43
Sorry euan but something going on I ordered something and then yodel sent text saying been delivered on the Tuesday 29th at 21.10 but I had not got it after many calls to yodel who I got nowhere with as they had no clue where my parcel was I rang the company who I ordered from and they said That been delivered they look into it and said that the hht had lost the data and should be hard copy signed and they look into it and then turned up on bank holiday Monday with one off your new guys so why does it take a week where was it for a week So their problem some where

Moonboots
08-May-14, 06:26
I know i have asked this already but if you mention where you all live then maybe something can be done about it. Example - Wick, Thurso, JOG etc (not just saying Caithness lol)

Moonboots
08-May-14, 06:29
Neil, Did the Anniversary go well....

Happy Anniversary

samhutchinson1979
08-May-14, 07:57
I Live in scarfskerry thurso and just learned I've got another order coming by yodel :(

poppett
09-May-14, 10:33
I am easy to find Moonboots.......I am right next door.

neilsermk1
09-May-14, 12:30
Neil, Did the Anniversary go well....

Happy Anniversary
They delivered on time as promised:D
Thanks for all good wishes

poppett
09-May-14, 20:04
Yippee. Bet you were relieved. Put us out of our misery......which van delivered it?

neilsermk1
14-May-14, 23:54
Yippee. Bet you were relieved. Put us out of our misery......which van delivered it?
Sorry didnt see the van

Dadie
15-May-14, 00:10
My last order was left in the shed(so said the note)as shed is locked I was surprised...but was found in the bin!
Thank goodness it wasnt a tuesday (bin day)...!

orkneycadian
15-May-14, 14:05
Great these couriers, aint they!