PDA

View Full Version : Upper Deck Mexican Buffet Evening

Bobinovich
04-Mar-07, 22:49
A massive THUMBS UP to the Upper Deck for their recent Mexican Buffet Evening. Great selection of dishes and sides and plenty of it. We arrived not long after 6pm and it was already busy. 2 heaped platefuls (yes I made a piggy out of myself surprise surprise) later and I waddled out happy :lol:.

For anyone interested here's some of what was available - hope it doesn't make your mouth water too much!

Chilli Con Carne
Tacos
Baked Potatoes
Spicy Chicken
Beef Strips
Barbeque Ribs
Corn on the Cob (with lashings of melted butter)
Tortillas
Salad
Cheese
Various sauces/dips
Cajun Wedges
Cajun Onion Rings

I think that's pretty much it - not a bad mouthful in there and the usual great service from the staff.

Well recommended.

buggyracer
04-Mar-07, 23:16
sounds like a nice cheap meal!!!

Bobinovich
05-Mar-07, 00:04
Oops forgot to say it was only £7.95 per person and they were serving tequlia and mexican (I think - tasted the same to me LOL!) beer at reduced prices too!

buggyracer
05-Mar-07, 09:45
Oops forgot to say it was only £7.95 per person and they were serving tequlia and mexican (I think - tasted the same to me LOL!) beer at reduced prices too!

i had heard that, will give it a try.

Jeemag_USA
05-Mar-07, 14:20
A massive THUMBS UP to the Upper Deck for their recent Mexican Buffet Evening. Great selection of dishes and sides and plenty of it. We arrived not long after 6pm and it was already busy. 2 heaped platefuls (yes I made a piggy out of myself surprise surprise) later and I waddled out happy :lol:.

For anyone interested here's some of what was available - hope it doesn't make your mouth water too much!

Chilli Con Carne
Tacos
Baked Potatoes
Spicy Chicken
Beef Strips
Barbeque Ribs
Corn on the Cob (with lashings of melted butter)
Tortillas
Salad
Cheese
Various sauces/dips
Cajun Wedges
Cajun Onion Rings

I think that's pretty much it - not a bad mouthful in there and the usual great service from the staff.

Well recommended.

Upper Deck has always been superb for me, especially the seafood fare. Shame there is only like 4 things in that buffet you'd find in a proper mexican restuarant, tell the chef to send me a message and I will give him some tips for the future, I am a Mexican Food freak. He or she shoudl at least have Quesidillas on there and re-fried beans, sour cream and salsa! ;)

Bobinovich
05-Mar-07, 23:33
Sour cream and salsa I included under the various sauces/dips heading. I'd love to try refried beans - do they produce twice the effect LOL!

changilass
05-Mar-07, 23:37
You are a miserable sod Bob, you never telt us in time, let us know next time or you are off my xmas card list

Bobinovich
06-Mar-07, 13:08
Sorry Changi it was fairly much a last minute decision. We did contemplate asking but we know it's not as straightforward for you getting a babysitter for Changi Jnr. so we just went for it!

golach
06-Mar-07, 15:21
Sorry Changi it was fairly much a last minute decision. We did contemplate asking but we know it's not as straightforward for you getting a babysitter for Changi Jnr. so we just went for it!
Bob, dont cave into her emotional blackmail, she was just wanting a freebie meal and not wanting to do the dishes.
She would have had Changi Jnr, strapped till her back like a North American Papoose also, and would have asked for two doggie bags [lol]