PDA

View Full Version : e mail prob,s

johno
04-Mar-07, 17:11
hi looking for any info here
just replaced my pc with a new one after installing every thing and got up and running [ every thing else works] i found that i cannot open some e mails specially some with pics. i have installed the latest adobe flash but still have same problems. when reinstall it comes up adobe flash succesfully installed?

maidencaithness
04-Mar-07, 19:48
hi looking for any info here
just replaced my pc with a new one after installing every thing and got up and running [ every thing else works] i found that i cannot open some e mails specially some with pics. i have installed the latest adobe flash but still have same problems. when reinstall it comes up adobe flash succesfully installed?

What email program do you use?

It is likely that it is set not to open anything which may possibly be harmful to your PC i.e. pictures or attachments. Go into the settings/tools/options (whichever one your email prog has) and check.

johno
04-Mar-07, 21:22
What email program do you use?

It is likely that it is set not to open anything which may possibly be harmful to your PC i.e. pictures or attachments. Go into the settings/tools/options (whichever one your email prog has) and check.
did that and all seems well [stumped]
thanks for helping

johno
05-Mar-07, 10:29
did that and all seems well [stumped]
thanks for helping
ps when i try to open certain programs like u tube etc what comes up in a window is that i do not have my java script turned on. i went into java but cant figure out if its on or off. or if its off how to turn it on..
not very good on the technical side im afraid
any help greatly appreciated..+thanks in advance.

maidencaithness
05-Mar-07, 14:53
ps when i try to open certain programs like u tube etc what comes up in a window is that i do not have my java script turned on. i went into java but cant figure out if its on or off. or if its off how to turn it on..
not very good on the technical side im afraid
any help greatly appreciated..+thanks in advance.

It is turned on through your browser settings. On Explorer I think you have to set it on the advanced tab under Java(Sun) and also the security tab under custom level enabling the "scripting of java applets".

If you changed things previously you can always reset to default settings.

When you get an email with a picture is the red x displayed or something else?

johno
05-Mar-07, 16:01
It is turned on through your browser settings. On Explorer I think you have to set it on the advanced tab under Java(Sun) and also the security tab under custom level enabling the "scripting of java applets".

yes but there is no pic just a frame with the red x i get the text though ?

johno
06-Mar-07, 10:44

hi maiden caithness, you were spot on. in fact when i downloaded aol the java wasnt installed somehow. we downloaded the newest version from the internet then did what you suggested.everything works now. most gratefull to you for help.
thank you so very much.
regards johno.:p :lol: