PDA

View Full Version : Love on E `Org

grantyg
04-Mar-07, 16:29
I was just wondering how many people have met and started relationships on this message board?

Alice in Blunderland
04-Mar-07, 21:03
Huh not Weeboyagee ......................Im still waiting on one of you .orgers to snare him and live a long and happy life together.................:lol: Im going to auction him off one of these weekends. ;)

The_man_from_del_monte
04-Mar-07, 21:04
I was just wondering how many people have met and started relationships on this message board?

Nothing my end, if you find any let me know ;)

Bobinovich
04-Mar-07, 21:25
I dunno about love Grantyg but I reckon a few have come close to divorce 'cos of it [lol]

danc1ngwitch
04-Mar-07, 22:21
Hands up all who is single. ( married ones keep your hands down )[lol]

sam
04-Mar-07, 22:45
Huh not Weeboyagee ......................Im still waiting on one of you .orgers to snare him and live a long and happy life together.................Im going to auction him off one of these weekends.

lol why dont you auction him of as a slave for the weekend, ( i'm sure he would look cute in a Posing Pouch );) that way you can raise some money for charity which can only be a ggod thing:D

The_man_from_del_monte
05-Mar-07, 01:14
Hands up all who is single. ( married ones keep your hands down )[lol]

Hands hoisted in the air http://www.rock-grotto.co.uk/smilies/grin.gif

badger
05-Mar-07, 11:25
I've often wondered how long it would be before the .org acquired a dating section. There's a rather half-hearted effort in the Groat but that's about it locally since Serendipity gave up. Remember them? I made my first friend up here even before I moved here as I found it on the .org and thought it would be a good way of making friends - it claimed specifically not to be a dating club but I do remember one couple getting together. It was OK for a while but then I got involved in other things, the woman who organised it moved away and I don't know what happened after that.

I was single when I moved up here (just - one way of leaving it all behind) and have remained so. In fact it's the longest I've been on my own since I was about 11 making eyes at the boy across the aisle in the church choir. Trouble is after a while you get used to it.

How do you feel about speed dating? I've never tried it and don't think it happens up here. Or is the forum a virtual alternative? Is anyone going to 'fess up?

Alice in Blunderland
05-Mar-07, 15:56
I've often wondered how long it would be before the .org acquired a dating section. There's a rather half-hearted effort in the Groat but that's about it locally since Serendipity gave up. Remember them? I made my first friend up here even before I moved here as I found it on the .org and thought it would be a good way of making friends - it claimed specifically not to be a dating club but I do remember one couple getting together. It was OK for a while but then I got involved in other things, the woman who organised it moved away and I don't know what happened after that.

I was single when I moved up here (just - one way of leaving it all behind) and have remained so. In fact it's the longest I've been on my own since I was about 11 making eyes at the boy across the aisle in the church choir. Trouble is after a while you get used to it.

How do you feel about speed dating? I've never tried it and don't think it happens up here. Or is the forum a virtual alternative? Is anyone going to 'fess up?

Sounds like I have the perfect companion for you right here and hes house trained.................eh, eh ,nudge, nudge, ...... not saying Im desperate to get Weeboyagee settled down and matched off with someone nice but it would be good (not sure he would agree ).

If the org did start a dating agency how would the singles on here describe themselves............. now thats another thread ;)

Alice in Blunderland
05-Mar-07, 16:00
lol why dont you auction him of as a slave for the weekend, ( i'm sure he would look cute in a Posing Pouch ) that way you can raise some money for charity which can only be a ggod thing:D

Oh the thought Weeboyagee not his own boss I bet there are many who would bid just to get sweet revenge on him and the charity would get a fortune.

Not sure about the posing pouch although he is a natural poser but dont tell him I said so. Will ask him tonight if he is up for being auctioned off for charity then the fun would begin. :lol:

badger
05-Mar-07, 16:12
Sounds like I have the perfect companion for you right here and hes house trained.................eh, eh ,nudge, nudge, ...... not saying Im desperate to get Weeboyagee settled down and matched off with someone nice but it would be good (not sure he would agree ).

If the org did start a dating agency how would the singles on here describe themselves............. now thats another thread ;)

Don't know if you've ever read Lonely Hearts columns but they're quite fascinating. Some people's descriptions of themselves make you wonder why they need to advertise - I mean if they're really so tall,dark,handsome/ petite,blonde,bubbly, with gsoh and all those interests. Used to enjoy reading those.

katarina
05-Mar-07, 19:28

Oh, they'd have to post photos - that's a must!

j4bberw0ck
05-Mar-07, 19:52
Don't know if you've ever read Lonely Hearts columns but they're quite fascinating. Some people's descriptions of themselves make you wonder why they need to advertise - I mean if they're really so tall,dark,handsome/ petite,blonde,bubbly, with gsoh and all those interests. Used to enjoy reading those.

They're useful if you spend your life working and travelling as I used to in London years ago. <ahem> I met Mrs J that way :roll: .

I asked a female friend and colleague (sworn to secrecy!) to take a photo of me. She seemed a bit sniffy about it but I put that down to her being absolutely, completely, drop-dead gorgeous and not understanding the sad social life of ordinary mortals. I found out months and months later that she'd hoped I'd ask her out....... http://www.teddies.be/Forum/images/smiles/wall.gif d'ohhhhhhh.......

Mrs J still has a laugh now and again about my complete inability to recognise a hint.

connieb19
05-Mar-07, 20:00
I saw an ad one time in the lonely hearts in the Groat for a 18 year old male looking for a female betwen 18 and 60. I replied and left a message giving my mums name and number but he never got in touch with her, just as well, my dad would have had a fit. :eek:

Buttercup
05-Mar-07, 20:02
There's a programme on Ch 4 tonight ~ Only Human ~ about elderly folks trying out internet dating. A bit on Richard & Judy - one bloke said he looked like Steve McQueen but in reality, as you'd expect, nothing like him! [lol]

Alice in Blunderland
05-Mar-07, 20:04
They're useful if you spend your life working and travelling as I used to in London years ago. <ahem> I met Mrs J that way .

I asked a female friend and colleague (sworn to secrecy!) to take a photo of me. She seemed a bit sniffy about it but I put that down to her being absolutely, completely, drop-dead gorgeous and not understanding the sad social life of ordinary mortals. I found out months and months later that she'd hoped I'd ask her out....... http://www.teddies.be/Forum/images/smiles/wall.gif d'ohhhhhhh.......

Mrs J still has a laugh now and again about my complete inability to recognise a hint.

You and Weeboyagee also. Ive seen him let some stunners slip right through his fingers cause he coouldnt see the wood for the trees :eek: .

I also have to mention one poor girl didnt last long after she arrived at his house by surprise to make him dinner one evening ,then promptly phoned him to come home from the pub as dinner was served ...........oooohhh.......... big no no never mind we live and learn.

Alice in Blunderland
05-Mar-07, 20:07
Oh, they'd have to post photos - that's a must!

I agree but its amazing what tricks you can do with computers now. A wee brush here and a tweak there and hey presto Nora Batty can suddenly look like Cindy Crawford :eek: .........well nearly :lol:

danc1ngwitch
05-Mar-07, 20:23
I saw an ad one time in the lonely hearts in the Groat for a 18 year old male looking for a female betwen 18 and 60. I replied and left a message giving my mums name and number but he never got in touch with her, just as well, my dad would have had a fit. :eek:
lmao, you are wicked[lol]

connieb19
05-Mar-07, 20:25
lmao, you are wicked[lol]
It keeps them on their toes lol. :lol: