PDA

View Full Version : Celery or cucumber?

crayola
20-Apr-14, 11:34
Which do you prefer, celery or cucumber? I don't know which I would choose if I were to be restricted to one only. I am addicted to both.

Big Gaz
20-Apr-14, 11:57
I notice you didn't include Horse Rustler...oops i mean Horse Radish up there [smirk]

crayola
20-Apr-14, 12:12
Ha ha very good. :) I can't rep because I have to spread it around. :( I'll eat the occasional radish, they aren't my favourite. I think I'll have a stick of celery right now. It's so sunny outside I could have lunch in the garden. :)

squidge
20-Apr-14, 12:26
The best way to eat celery is raw with plenty salt, the next best is cooked with leeks au gratin. The best way to eat cucumber is grated, mixed with yoghurt garlic and coriander mmmm

ducati
21-Apr-14, 07:28
They both give me indigestion, and raddishes.:(

Big Gaz
21-Apr-14, 07:53

So eating Cucumber and Celery give you raddishes?....have you been to the doctor about that.....more to the point, do they make your stomach rustle? :eek:

The Music Monster
21-Apr-14, 12:24
Celery + Cream Cheese = AWESOME!!!

linnie612
21-Apr-14, 12:44

A lot of people say that cucumber 'repeats' on them - seemingly if you remove the green skin before eating, you shouldn't have that problem.

crayola
24-Apr-14, 10:45
Cucumber can be taken at garden parties at the highest levels of society. It must be sliced thinly in sandwiches and served with dry white wine and followed by strawberries. Or it can be chowed straight from the stick in your own back garden accompanied by a large strong gin. ;)

Dadie
24-Apr-14, 10:51
Eat the celery while wearing the cucumber on your eyes...then when your eyes are refreshed ...sneakily eat that too!

crayola
27-Apr-14, 12:55
It's time for lunch. :) I know I have cucumber in the fridge. :)

George Brims
29-Apr-14, 17:19
To quote the great philosopher archy the cockroach, it's a great pity so many people waste space in their kitchen garden growing celery instead of food.

orkneycadian
29-Apr-14, 19:25
Depends what you are doing with it. Your question doesn't mention that. Is it eating it or fermenting it into a fine, white, hallucinogenic wine?

crayola
02-May-14, 08:35
I had in mind eating fresh celery and cucumber. You can consume it however you like. Eating it fresh is better for your health. :)

Ballymore
02-May-14, 15:35
Easy cucumber pickle/condiment

1 cucumber - peel and slice thinly with a cheese parer - put in a glass jar and then add:
2 tablespoons sugar (caster or granulated)
1 tbsp distilled malt vinegar
Lid on and shake gently a few times and the refrigerate at least an hour. Shake the jar occasionally.
You can also add some chopped fresh parsley as well if you want.
Nice with roast beef.

crayola
10-May-14, 20:22
Can you sensibly put celery in a bolognese sauce?

shazzap
11-May-14, 22:31
Cucumber for juicing, celery for munching.