PDA

View Full Version : Parties

©Amethyst
04-Mar-07, 13:39
Hi,

My next door neighbour has been throwing parties every weekend for the past while. Sometimes it's a Friday night... just a Saturday or more recently both nights. They're going on 'til 6 or 7 in the morning. Not handy when you gotta get up for work the next morning.

This is the same guy that I think is feeding my cat (see pets corner).

Last night I got about 2 hours sleep, as did Mr Amethyst and he drives large vehicles for a living... long distance. We got less sleep last weekend.

Anyone got any ideas that don't involve going to the police about him.

I'm currently blaring dance music with the bass up - he works night shifts.

I don't really want to confront him directly either - for one simple reason... I'm aware that he takes drugs. I'm at a bit of a loss here.

Fluff
04-Mar-07, 13:51
apart from flooding his house i think you should contact you council/police.

its one thing to be playing loud music but all night is another. what if you had a baby? you could try writing him a letter if you dont want to talk to him face to face but i think a quiet word with the police would help.

good luck

©Amethyst
04-Mar-07, 13:54
Calling police might be the more sensible option... but flooding his house sounds fun!!! :lol:

shin chan
04-Mar-07, 14:04
We had the same problem with our neighbours phone the police everytime they play the music to loud and after they have attended a letter will be sent out to the council if it is owned by them and they will use this as evidence if they get to many complaints to evict them from the house. Even if it is privately owned there is a new law out that can evict them also.

©Amethyst
04-Mar-07, 14:16
Probably the worst thing you can do is start a tit for tat war with the guy, that can lead to even more noise and deliberate annoyance (ie: he'll go out of his way to make sure he annoys you)

That's why I don't want to call the police. Had a similar problem but this time with a dealer. One of his mates even went into my garden and stole my bycicle. The police returned by bike, but my neighbour got worse 'cause I called them in the first place.

But we have spoken to him about it before, and he's always so appologetic. But come the next weekend it's the same thing as always.

Usually when Mr A and I are at the pub we'll invite a few people up to the house, but only to sit, talk about the evening, wind down - we're not noisy... I had hoped that we were setting an example for our neighbour. We've even invited him to a couple of our little 'gatherings'!

get him "sober"

If only you knew... I don't think he is ever straight. Smokes constantly. When he gets up, on his way to work, at work, when he gets home from work... ick.

Getting him straight's gonna be a task and a half! But will try to talk to him before I call the police or flood his house or something lol

johno
04-Mar-07, 16:03
Hi,

My next door neighbour has been throwing parties every weekend for the past while. Sometimes it's a Friday night... just a Saturday or more recently both nights. They're going on 'til 6 or 7 in the morning. Not handy when you gotta get up for work the next morning.

This is the same guy that I think is feeding my cat (see pets corner).

Last night I got about 2 hours sleep, as did Mr Amethyst and he drives large vehicles for a living... long distance. We got less sleep last weekend.

Anyone got any ideas that don't involve going to the police about him.

I'm currently blaring dance music with the bass up - he works night shifts.

I don't really want to confront him directly either - for one simple reason... I'm aware that he takes drugs. I'm at a bit of a loss here.

talking and trying to come to some sensible arrangement is always the best option, but if that fails the council and the police. every one needs to live their lives and every one else needs peace & quiet in the comfort of your own home. hope you can work this out amicably. there is nout worse than noisy neighbours ,i used to know that full well. now we have the best neighbours ever ,long may it stay like this, HEAVEN.

2051donna
04-Mar-07, 16:14
we had a prob with noisy neighbours for nearly 2 years. Council were no help i complained every fortnight for long enough, had police out. They were drunken old couple who just played loud music, eventually we had to move out + bought a place. You have my sympathy just good luck reporting to the council they were no help to us..

johno
04-Mar-07, 16:30
we had a prob with noisy neighbours for nearly 2 years. Council were no help i complained every fortnight for long enough, had police out. They were drunken old couple who just played loud music, eventually we had to move out + bought a place. You have my sympathy just good luck reporting to the council they were no help to us..

yea i know exactly what you mean but nowadays the police have more teeth to combat this with asbos, threat of eviction & confiscation of equipment. but then decent have to put up with a lot before these actions can be put into place

[disgust] [evil]

brandy
04-Mar-07, 16:31
isnt this what the asbo laws are for?
report his butt..
dont live in fear..
so what hes a druggie.. have him arrested for it!
i grew up in drug central.. and never ever let them get to me..
oh wiat i forgot.. over here.. if you fight back your the bad guy and your the one who goes to jail.. bad brandy for thinking you can defend yourself again!
sorry ive the flu and feel like crud.. but it does bite my biscuit when crap like this happens and you feel helpless, cause theres nothing you can do without getting into trouble yourslef.

©Amethyst
04-Mar-07, 16:43
I hear ya brandy.

Had a knock at the door so I've turned the sub. woofer and volume down on my own music. We've done all sorts to stop him playing his too loud, I think the police are the only option left (that or flooding his house, that still seems like the fun option).

johno
04-Mar-07, 16:51
I hear ya brandy.

Had a knock at the door so I've turned the sub. woofer and volume down on my own music. We've done all sorts to stop him playing his too loud, I think the police are the only option left (that or flooding his house, that still seems like the fun option).

other option, this guy has to sleep some time.
work it out yourself.?
hey might start a war here ha ha ;) :evil

©Amethyst
04-Mar-07, 17:16
Just knocked on his door. I told him to calm it with the parties. Didn't tell him that next time it happens I'll be calling the police... lol

He now has about 3 hours to sleep before he goes to work. Hmmm... I think I should sing, very loudly and very badly... right next to his bedroom wall! ;) lol

Royster1911
04-Mar-07, 18:48
Environmental Health should be made aware of this problem. I would go through HC Headquarters as the local offices seem to be as much use as a chocolate ashtray. They can arrange sound samples to be taken and remove the offending equipment if need be. HOWEVER, it may take some doing to get them off their fat rear ends to come up here. Mind you, the incentive for them is the re-imbursement. ££££:cool:

danc1ngwitch
04-Mar-07, 18:56
Go out, wait till he is pissed, knock his block of.
When police comes say yes officer, poor fellow i knew he was goin to trip over that silly hi fi and speakers. Oh look he broke it in little tiny bit's oh dear dear dear, i will lend him a small radio[lol]
Na girl do becareful, i know what some of these people are like.

The_man_from_del_monte
04-Mar-07, 19:29
Na girl do be careful, i know what some of these people are like.

Yeh, easy enough to come out with the "I'd do this, I'd do that if it were me" but remember these people don't have to live next door to this guy. If the guy really does need a good kicking then leave it to someone else to knock seven different colours of .... out of him. Turning your music up even louder just won't get through to him either, he'll probably end up dancing to it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a softie and am recommending you try the soft approach first because I've tried all the other ways (including throwing a guy out of a window) and they generally don't work or you end up in some serious bother.

<note to self - thank god I don't have any neighbours anymore!>

©Amethyst
04-Mar-07, 19:52
HC Headquarters is only 16 miles away from us... lol... so the money factor won't get them off their rear ends!

I wish I never had any neighbours. But getting around would be difficult for someone who relies on public transport lol.

Royster1911
04-Mar-07, 21:00
OK. So invite your local councellor around for drinks (incentive) and let him / her sample it for themselves. Then ask why you are paying his wages....
:~(

Bingobabe
04-Mar-07, 21:20
Just knocked on his door. I told him to calm it with the parties. Didn't tell him that next time it happens I'll be calling the police... lol

He now has about 3 hours to sleep before he goes to work. Hmmm... I think I should sing, very loudly and very badly... right next to his bedroom wall! ;) lol

Well, did you get the big black eye that was the obvious stumbling block for you?:D

JAWS
05-Mar-07, 01:08
How about putting loud music on about two hours after the party ends. Plenty of Bass and a low throbbing beat, the sort that makes the floorboards rumble. ;)

jay
05-Mar-07, 14:27
we had a similar problem with a young girl across the road, we spoke to her a couple of times and no result, waited, saw her father visiting her and made a point of speaking to her again in front of her father pointing out that with all the complaints she was getting she was heading for eviction- no more trouble! Guess the father didn't want her moving home!

sweetpea
05-Mar-07, 16:26
Luckily no parties but next door have no carpets?!*!?* I quite like a long lie at the weekend especially with working all week but no chance of that with 3 pairs of tiny feet clattering up and down the stairs. No point saying anything doh! Mind you if you have never worked then you probably don't understand that concept of wanting a long lie eh?:lol: At least it means that when I want to make noise there's not a thing they can do to stop me and I don't feel guilty at all.

©Amethyst
05-Mar-07, 17:35
[lol] maybe I should have mentioned before that this neighbour of mine doesn't have any carpets either. Not a good mix... man works night-shifts and is therefore noctournal + no carpets = a v grumpy amethyst every morning! lol