PDA

View Full Version : Cat getting fed elsewhere...

ŠAmethyst
04-Mar-07, 13:34
Hey, does anyone know how I can go about stopping someone feeding my cat. He's got dental problems so I need to watch what he eats but he doesn't eat anything at home!

I think I know who is feeding him... Should I tell this guy to get his own cat?

Liz
04-Mar-07, 14:44
Why don't you have a word with the person you suspect is feeding your cat and explain that he has dental problems so would he please stop feeding him as you need to watch his diet?

If he wants a cat of his own he could contact Cats Protection or the SSPCA.

ŠAmethyst
04-Mar-07, 14:49
I'm thinking about doing just that - if I can catch him when he's not all drugged up.

brandy
04-Mar-07, 17:09
the only other way is to keep the cat in... we had a tom that would be fed at every house on the street and then some. greedy little so and so..

ŠAmethyst
04-Mar-07, 17:14
the only other way is to keep the cat in...

We keep him out at night because he keeps us awake. If he's not licking our faces, scratching our faces or meowing he's jjumping on and off the bed. He's a weird cat 'cause he's fine if Mr A is away. Quite happy to just sleep next to me, but if Mr A's there... wooo... it's no sleep for the pet humans!

lol, don't tell me I have a jealous cat!

connieb19
04-Mar-07, 17:29
LOL, maybe it's him who's keeping your neighbour awake at night. :lol:

brandy
04-Mar-07, 18:06
*laughs* it looks like your cat thinks HES the man in your life and not hubby!
does he give Mr. A the evil eye?

ŠAmethyst
04-Mar-07, 20:14
*laughs* it looks like your cat thinks HES the man in your life and not hubby!
does he give Mr. A the evil eye?

Mr A walks into a room, my cat runs out!

Considering having to stay in spare room tonight so cat gives Mr A some peace - not sure I want him out over night as he's not touched his food today.

P.S. Mr A not really hubby - but I'm sick of the words partner or boyfriend. Mr A easier to type too!

buggyracer
04-Mar-07, 21:57
not knocking you for keeping your cat out all night, but if you do how is your neighbour meant to know its not hungry?
hardly his /her fault?

cant you keep it locked in a room, during the night ?

Julia
05-Mar-07, 00:11
I had a similar problem a long long time ago when I still had a cat, he was on a special diet and my neighbour kept feeding him. To get round the problem without confronting the neighbour I put a bright yellow collar on him with the words 'DO NOT FEED ME' in permanent marker pen! It worked!

Liz
05-Mar-07, 00:47
not knocking you for keeping your cat out all night, but if you do how is your neighbour meant to know its not hungry?
hardly his /her fault?

cant you keep it locked in a room, during the night ?

I understand that you need your sleep but I am really against cats being 'put out' at night.

Many people think this is the thing to do but it is a myth and the fact is that night time is the worst time for cats getting knocked down.

Do you not have a shed you could shut him in at night?

ŠAmethyst
05-Mar-07, 13:37
He has a little hut he goes in at night. I don't like leaving him out either. But with my partner's job, sleep deprivation can be a dangerous thing. We kept the cat in last night and he only woke me up at 7.15 this morning which is a big improvement on every ten minutes after 4am.

I also keep him in when I go to my local as he likes to follow me when I go out after dark.

I was plesantly surprised when I came downstairs to find that he'd almost cleared his dish... so thankfully he got the food he's supposed to get! :)

ŠAmethyst
05-Mar-07, 13:40
how is your neighbour meant to know its not hungry?
hardly his /her fault?

This neighbour knows not to feed my cat as I've threatened him with a vet bill before now, yet it got worse. This guy means well, I'm sure... but I don't want to remind him again (especially since I told him again yesterday). I guess the wacky backy messes your head up quite a bit if you can't remember something that was said to you a few days ago, huh?

Liz
05-Mar-07, 18:49
He has a little hut he goes in at night. I don't like leaving him out either. But with my partner's job, sleep deprivation can be a dangerous thing. We kept the cat in last night and he only woke me up at 7.15 this morning which is a big improvement on every ten minutes after 4am.

I also keep him in when I go to my local as he likes to follow me when I go out after dark.

I was plesantly surprised when I came downstairs to find that he'd almost cleared his dish... so thankfully he got the food he's supposed to get! :)

Sorry I didn't mean to get at you in any way as I know you care for your cat. It's just that cats being put out at night is a real bug bear of mine!:D

Hope he continues to sleep through the night as I know how awful it is to have your sleep disturbed.

Good luck with your neighbour! If he still persists in feeding your cat it may be worth asking your Vet whether he/she would provide a letter stating that your cat is on a special diet?

ŠAmethyst
06-Mar-07, 11:14
Nicky's now eating his food. Thankfully!!! I don't know whether it's because I spoke to my neighbour or because we're keeping him in overnight since I spoke to my neighbour. Tonight may be the last night for a few nights that he gets to stay in. Hopefully he'll not wake me up too early again. This morning it was half six. Not too bad. Any earlier and I would have been a bit annoyed.

He woke my partner up, too. But that's alright since he's not working today.