PDA

View Full Version : Caithness.org updates

Mr P Cannop
04-Mar-07, 13:24
there has been no updates since the 28th feb is everything ok with the web master ?? date is now 4th march

Royster1911
04-Mar-07, 18:40
Oh No, Dont tell me that our leaders have taken time off to do other stuff(like work etc) That is just not on. I thought Bill was chained to his computer.:confused

noodle
04-Mar-07, 19:07
Saw one yesterday! He was upright and smiling..

Bill Fernie
05-Mar-07, 20:22
Just to let anyone who is interested know why no updates for a few days. The answer is I was away at a Highland Council meeting on Thursday in Inverness and then went directly south in order to represent the council at a COSLA meeting on Friday regarding the Draft Children Scotland Bill currently out for consultation. It was felt important that Highland got its views on various matters into the report that COSLA will be sending as its resposnse to the consultation. This all part of what is known as "Getting It Right For Every Child" and is one of the most comprehensive reviews of services for children in Scotland for many many years.

I only came back late on Sunday evening.

Today I had meeting at HIE Caithness and Sutherland formerly CASE offices in Thurso this morning and subsequently today been dealing with a backlog of email and correspondence built up over the past few days. This is related to a piece of work relating to an important aspect of the economy of our area that will hopefully will be made available at a later date. It is too early to give more details.

Tomorrow (Tuesday 6 March) I have an all day event in Inverness regarding Children's Services.

On Wednesday I have a meeting of the Social Work committee in Inverness.

Friday I am attending a Planning Day for the Caithness Drug and Alcohol Forum

So if the new items are a bit light this week also you now know why. I usually try to prepare items for the site in the evenings and at the weekend so that I can fit in my many meetings and still keep the site active. From time to time you might notice I will update the site with the next days date as I know I may not be able to get it done first thing in the morning. This could be that for some meetings I might have up to 300 pages of reading to do on theagenda and various notes on the topics etc. Take alook at some agendas on the council web site and you will see what I mean.

Apologies to all who are waiting on items to appear but I still have a big email backlog for the web site.

badger
05-Mar-07, 22:42
Isn't it nice to know you're missed though and we start getting worried?

Bobinovich
05-Mar-07, 23:37
No peace for the wicked Bill, you must have been especially bad this week!!

JimH
06-Mar-07, 17:57
Just to let anyone who is interested know why no updates for a few days. The answer is I was away at a Highland Council meeting on Thursday in Inverness and then went directly south in order to represent the council at a COSLA meeting on Friday regarding the Draft Children Scotland Bill currently out for consultation. It was felt important that Highland got its views on various matters into the report that COSLA will be sending as its resposnse to the consultation. This all part of what is known as "Getting It Right For Every Child" and is one of the most comprehensive reviews of services for children in Scotland for many many years.

I only came back late on Sunday evening.

Today I had meeting at HIE Caithness and Sutherland formerly CASE offices in Thurso this morning and subsequently today been dealing with a backlog of email and correspondence built up over the past few days. This is related to a piece of work relating to an important aspect of the economy of our area that will hopefully will be made available at a later date. It is too early to give more details.

Tomorrow (Tuesday 6 March) I have an all day event in Inverness regarding Children's Services.

On Wednesday I have a meeting of the Social Work committee in Inverness.

Friday I am attending a Planning Day for the Caithness Drug and Alcohol Forum

So if the new items are a bit light this week also you now know why. I usually try to prepare items for the site in the evenings and at the weekend so that I can fit in my many meetings and still keep the site active. From time to time you might notice I will update the site with the next days date as I know I may not be able to get it done first thing in the morning. This could be that for some meetings I might have up to 300 pages of reading to do on theagenda and various notes on the topics etc. Take alook at some agendas on the council web site and you will see what I mean.

Apologies to all who are waiting on items to appear but I still have a big email backlog for the web site.

So what you doing for Christmas???