PDA

View Full Version : Berriedale War Memorial

achingale
17-Apr-14, 10:45
I stopped at the war memorial and was told not to park at it. However there are no signs up that say No Parking. Does anyone know what the situation actually is? There is enough space after all albeit for only a couple of cars.

pat
17-Apr-14, 11:23
Were you causing any obstruction in any way, who told you not to park there, those are my first thoughts.
If you think you were appropriately parked, causing absolutely no danger to yourself or other road users, perhaps you can - Go to police and council and ask for clarification of parking rules for the area in question.
If you get perfectly clear cut answer keep this handy for next time you choose to park there and are advised not to park in this area.

jacko
17-Apr-14, 11:54
Who told you not to park there. You have nt said

achingale
17-Apr-14, 18:59
I wasn't causing an obstruction ie preventing anyone else parking there or blocking a driveway or road end or anything. It was an older woman who came out of her house and was very insistant that I wasn't to park there. She told me I had to park across the road. At the time I just did it but in hindsight I should have said there was nothing to say I couldn't park there.

pat
17-Apr-14, 20:13
By sound of it next time tell the person you are not moving and if they want they can call polo e or council to make a complaint.

Alrock
17-Apr-14, 23:00
hmmmm.... Never actually seen the Berriedale War Memorial before, might just stop & have a look next time I'm passing....

sids
18-Apr-14, 08:10
next time tell the person you are not moving

Why?

pat
18-Apr-14, 12:50
Agreed Sids, ignore the person would be easier

jacko
18-Apr-14, 15:55
the old girl has no right telling you you cant park there . is that the woman that has the teddy s in her window . ??

achingale
22-Apr-14, 14:43
the old girl has no right telling you you cant park there . is that the woman that has the teddy s in her window . ??

Don't know about that but she has a yappy dog.