PDA

View Full Version : royal membroblia

starfish
13-Apr-14, 15:16
posting for a friend could anyone please advise him , he has found some unseen film of king george V! and the queen mother, he is thinking it may be worth a bit of money but does not know where to go or who to see , he is hoping he has found a little treasure , so can anyone one advise him on how he should go about it many thanks

Halls
13-Apr-14, 16:01
you could email the BBC.

mi16
14-Apr-14, 11:33
how does he know its unseen?
May be worth a few bob if it is the case though

starfish
14-Apr-14, 13:42
it would not have been for general release as filmed by general public it was in with a box of junk brought from a auction

mi16
14-Apr-14, 14:52
got to be worth something then if of a broadcastable quality

Kodiak
15-Apr-14, 23:32
Personally I think it should be donated to the National Film Archives. They will be able to restore it and save it for future generations. There is no need to be greedy so donate it.

2little2late
16-Apr-14, 01:06
Personally I think it should be donated to the National Film Archives. They will be able to restore it and save it for future generations. There is no need to be greedy so donate it.
Why is it greedy? If I'd have found it I would keep it and if it was worth anything I'd sell it to the highest bidder. If I couldn't come to an agreement, I'd burn it under their noses.

Alrock
16-Apr-14, 01:10
Why is it greedy? If I'd have found it I would keep it and if it was worth anything I'd sell it to the highest bidder. If I couldn't come to an agreement, I'd burn it under their noses.

...& that's being petty.

2little2late
16-Apr-14, 01:21
...& that's being petty.
Yep, it sure is.

mi16
16-Apr-14, 10:00
Expecting to get a fair price for it is not greed.

golach
16-Apr-14, 10:20
All for you getting a good price, but, and there always is. I have seen cans of film going for sale on "Bargain hunt", "Flog it" and shows of that ilk, and they could not be sold, because of the Copyright Laws, hope this is not the case.