PDA

View Full Version : looks

sweetpea
03-Mar-07, 00:56
I've often wondered if your termed as good looking does it affect they way people treat you. This is not meant to mean anything or get anyone's back up, just a genuine philosophical question to all good lookers.

extremefencer
03-Mar-07, 00:58
Nah, Its all in the smile:D

scorrie
03-Mar-07, 01:08
It is a fact that men will always prefer a good looking woman and women will always prefer a good looking man. If you fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down, then you better get used to the words, sorry, no thanks, company image etc

sweetpea
03-Mar-07, 01:13
It is a fact that men will always prefer a good looking woman and women will always prefer a good looking man. If you fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down, then you better get used to the words, sorry, no thanks, company image etc
so what happens to you when all the good looking men and women have paired off do them next to them pair off too? and what happens if one of you is too good looking for the other? iv heard of being hit by the ugly stick:D

sweetpea
03-Mar-07, 01:15
Nah, Its all in the smile:D
So if your good looking but a miserable B does that mean you won't be treated nice?

Phoebus_Apollo
03-Mar-07, 01:16
Good looking people always get the better end of the bargain - It`s basic genetics - men want their children to look good so they have a better chance of carrying on their genetic code into the future - thus preserving their genetic destiny. I suppose thats why we can`t resist a beautiful woman...:D

sweetpea
03-Mar-07, 01:20
Good looking people always get the better end of the bargain - It`s basic genetics - men want their children to look good so they have a better chance of carrying on their genetic code into the future - thus preserving their genetic destiny. I suppose thats why we can`t resist a beautiful woman...:D
Yeah I've read about this stuff

crayola
03-Mar-07, 02:34
I've often wondered if your termed as good looking does it affect they way people treat you.Not at all. Modern humans are above all that nonsense.

Ha ha, as if! Of course it affects the way people treat you. I made a living and based my social life on my looks for years.

golach
03-Mar-07, 02:37
I've often wondered if your termed as good looking does it affect they way people treat you. This is not meant to mean anything or get anyone's back up, just a genuine philosophical question to all good lookers.
I think Mrs G is a wee Stotar and always will be, "Beauty is in the Eye of the beholder"

Rheghead
03-Mar-07, 02:38
I married a woman who was 'drop dead gorgeous', but she was thick as two short planks. A man's dreamgirl is the cliche or my 'trophy bride', one o' the two or both. We were married for 5 years and at the time at least one of us was in love, but if I was true to myself, I was just in lust and that couldn't keep the marriage alive as I couldn't talk to her in an intelligent way, she was basically threatened by my superior intelligence and eventually strayed for emotional support. She came begging back 3 months later but when you've made yer mind up then it is made up. I hear she is now almost a prisoner in her own home with a jealous angry husband who won't let her out of his sight.

I am now married to one of the most beautiful women in the world with an intelligence to match. Happy as larry.

Yes, looks do matter but how often do you see 2 gorgeous women go out together in skins? Not very often as they will be competing against eachother subconciously for men, so you see more often, a gorgeous girl and a 'plain Jane' together as they can work together, Barbie can have the first choice and Jane can have her castoffs.

Yeah, looks matter but not in the way the magazines say they do, such is life...and if you dump your trophy bride/husband, think this to yourself, 'you never know what is around the corner!':cool:

golach
03-Mar-07, 02:40
Rheg...IMO, Mrs G, is better looking than Mrs R lol

crayola
03-Mar-07, 02:46
Crikey rheg, what did ye do to the poor woman to threaten her with your superior intelligence?

Rheghead
03-Mar-07, 03:24
Crikey rheg, what did ye do to the poor woman to threaten her with your superior intelligence?

Not much, a chimp could have easily done the same thing as me.:lol:

crayola
03-Mar-07, 03:37
A female chimp with a spear?

Jeid
03-Mar-07, 03:45
I think Mrs G is a wee Stotar and always will be, "Beauty is in the Eye of the beerholder"

I don't think Mrs G would approve of your beer goggles ;) :lol:

cliffhbuber
03-Mar-07, 04:15
Good looks and superior intelligence are best observed when looking in a mirror with cracks.
And if one can see beyond the cracks, they may be a ray of hope, let alone a crack of daylight.

Torvaig
03-Mar-07, 09:23
Good looking people are easy on the eye but to me the attractiveness is in the eyes, the smile and an open face.

Some good looking people can be obsessed with their looks and are annoying with their preening in public so I don't usually pay much attention to them.

Ordinary looking people can be more attractive if they are naturally kind and attentive and they certainly get my vote; intelligence is a bonus as long as they don't think they are more intelligent than me! :roll:

Rheghead's experience is an example and it happens the other way round as well. But then that is the result of shallow thinking. ;)

connieb19
03-Mar-07, 11:24
I prefer blokies who are good looking but who don't know they are. There's nothing worse than someone who looks good but fancies themselves. Sometimes I even think some blokes are so ugly they look quite cute. :confused:

ŠAmethyst
03-Mar-07, 12:42
I prefer blokies who are good looking but who don't know they are. There's nothing worse than someone who looks good but fancies themselves.

Agree with you there. Mr Amethyst doesn't think he's good looking at all, and even though he's put on a little weight since we first went out - it doesn't make him look any worse. Yet he gets a little para about it.

Either my mum or my nana, can't remember which, once told me that he has "lovely eyes" which when I told him made him blush.

Good-looking men who think they're ugly can be really really annoying, too.

He think's I'm beautiful - yet more women make advances toward him than men do to me. What does that say? :lol:

Victoria
04-Mar-07, 03:39
I prefer blokies who are good looking but who don't know they are. There's nothing worse than someone who looks good but fancies themselves. Sometimes I even think some blokes are so ugly they look quite cute. :confused:

I'm with you on that one!!!

crayola
04-Mar-07, 03:44
How can an ugly bloke look cute? If he's ugly he's ugly. Yuk.

Victoria
04-Mar-07, 03:50
sometimes there's just *something* about someone even if they're not a looker!! hehe

Moira
04-Mar-07, 04:20

I think it does affect the way some people treat you - but why worry about folk who only score you on one feature??

sometimes there's just *something* about someone even if they're not a looker!! hehe

I agree - sometimes there is just "something" - most times. for me, it's in the eyes !

Metalattakk
04-Mar-07, 05:11
Hehe...and here was me thinking it was all down to "how long we are in the shower"....

[lol]

Ricco
04-Mar-07, 09:11
Interesting... I was just talking to a colleague the other day about this very thing. During my life I have seen so many gorgeous women dating some of the ugliest blokes imaginable, and yet I was left on the shelf. I couldn't get my head around it and still can't. It affected my confidence and self-esteem even to this day. And that is where I think the crux of the matter lies - a person who is full of self-confidence and exudes this inner charisma is going to score every time. If you haven't got it you're out of luck.

I am eternally grateful that I eventually met a lovely lass who still looks just as good 22 years later.