PDA

View Full Version : RIP Margo MacDonald

golach
04-Apr-14, 18:52
Rip to one of the most honest and decent of Scottish politicians, she saw through the corruption of the Snp leadership, there will be no one to replace her

Rheghead
04-Apr-14, 19:27
Agreed, I listened to her a few times and she was one of the good ones.

Oddquine
04-Apr-14, 20:17
Agreed, I listened to her a few times and she was one of the good ones.

Margo was one of the good ones....by a country mile. She'll be missed in Scottish politics.

Had to shake my head a Golach's post though....the main reason she fell out with the SNP leadership was nothing to do with corruption.....but because Margo wanted Independence, nothing less, the leadership was going with the gradualism of devolution and she objected to the dilution of the argument, if I remember rightly.

crayola
04-Apr-14, 22:20
I shall miss this Marg in the same way I missed the blessed Marg of 10 Downing St. Which is not at all. No. I shall miss her less. I disliked Margo intensely. Did any of yous that eulogise her actually know her? I did. I found her intolerable. May The Goddess take care of her soul. And do with it what is appropriate.

squidge
04-Apr-14, 22:47
Ahhhh the blessed Crayola with her little black book ... I bet you did find her intolerable - she would have seen right through you lol. I heard Margo speak a couple of times and was lucky enough to have a couple of conversations with her. I admired her commitment and tenacity. She was a great advocate for Independence, people and for plain speaking and the world of Scottish politics and Scottish society will be poorer without her.

orkneycadian
05-Apr-14, 08:41
.....but because Margo wanted Independence, nothing less, the leadership was going with the gradualism of devolution and she objected to the dilution of the argument, if I remember rightly.

Does this mean that the neverendum will be cancelled?

Humerous Vegetable
05-Apr-14, 11:53
She was a bonny fechter, and fought for things other politicians were feart to tackle. A sad loss to the people and to the parliament of Scotland.

crayola
05-Apr-14, 13:29
I met her on a number of occasions. She spoke at me. She didn't listen. She was stubborn and rude. Very rude. She knew I didn't like her and I hope the feeling was mutual.

golach
06-Apr-14, 10:55
I met her on a number of occasions. She spoke at me. She didn't listen. She was stubborn and rude. Very rude. She knew I didn't like her and I hope the feeling was mutual.Margo was a real person, and real people loved her, who will say that about you?

Kenn
06-Apr-14, 23:27
A light went out on the political scene of this country, an woman with a mind of her own, she will be missed.

joxville
06-Apr-14, 23:49
Margo was a real person, and real people loved her, who will say that about you?Oh, that's harsh!

Funny, but harsh :-)

golach
07-Apr-14, 14:15
Oh, that's harshFunny, but harsh :-)Harsh it may be Joxville , but true.