PDA

View Full Version : Diana Enquiry

Valerie Campbell
02-Mar-07, 18:10
How many Orgers think there should be an enquiry in the Princess of Wales' death? Do you think it's a good thing or do you think there will always be doubt on what happened that night no matter what the outcome? Do you think it was an accident or a conspiracy?

henry20
02-Mar-07, 18:15
I think it should be left. I don't think the truth would make any difference. No-one would be sure to believe it anyway. Let the woman rest in peace. And let people hold whatever memories they have of her without it dragging on and on.

jake
02-Mar-07, 18:51
It's a legal requirement to have an inquest when a british citizen dies abroad. Maybe if it had been done sooner there wouldn't be so many conspirancy theories.

danc1ngwitch
02-Mar-07, 18:55
i dunno, i think that it maybe should be put to rest.
it was indeed a sad day xxx

Royster1911
02-Mar-07, 19:28
If it was to bring her back to life and live happily ever after, fine. Failing that, what good would it do? None that I can think of. R.I.P.

lassieinfife
02-Mar-07, 19:33
think its time this was lost in back pages somewhere...... surely to god enough is enough, don't see anything like this dragging on for normal people,and just thinking of cost of such inquiry gives me blinding headache,and i think them thinking conspiracy theory's have addled brains

mareng
02-Mar-07, 19:51
Who in their right minds - sits in a car doing in excess of 90mph unsecured?

Princess Diana died because she was not wearing a seatbelt.

The verdict should be "misadventure" (in the absence of a "stupidity" verdict)

Angela
02-Mar-07, 19:52
The very thought of an enquiry just makes me feel tired.

What good will it do? :confused

dozerboy
02-Mar-07, 20:33
It's a legal requirement to have an inquest when a british citizen dies abroad. Maybe if it had been done sooner there wouldn't be so many conspirancy theories.

There has already been about 3 enquiries - whatever they do isna going to bring them back.

I think it was a conspiracy..................

jake
02-Mar-07, 20:54
There has already been about 3 enquiries - whatever they do isna going to bring them back.

I think it was a conspiracy..................

this is the inquest like the recent ones for the poor soldiers killed in iraq, the enquiries - well they seem like a waste of time and money

Rheghead
02-Mar-07, 21:58
Well I am going to say it for what it is worth, I think there should be an inquest. Anything short of a thorough impartial hearing will be a travesty. Al Fayed won't be satisfied if it doesn't vindicate his suspicions but we can't have everything, that goes without saying. Whether the inquest will be thorough or impartial is a whole different thing, the fact that there is going to be an inquest is only the beginning.

JAWS
03-Mar-07, 00:52
It won't make the slightest difference to one person, that is certain. It holds about as much interest as hearing the same old fairy story every day for ten years.
The only thing which has changed is that the story has grown greater in it's fantasy as the years have gone by.

ŠAmethyst
03-Mar-07, 13:10
I think that the inquest should be made public (or has there already been a ruling that it will be? heard something on the news but can't say I was listening). I don't know why the corroner wanted it to be private. I may have it wrong lol.

Whatever the outcome is, whether it was an accident or a conspiracy... it won't bring the People's Princess back. So, no I don't think it'll make much difference at all.

My reason for thinking that the inquest should be public is that she was known as the People's Princess and to many, I'm sure she still is. Many people will want to be kept completely up to date on it all.

darkman
03-Mar-07, 15:24
How many Orgers think there should be an enquiry in the Princess of Wales' death? Do you think it's a good thing or do you think there will always be doubt on what happened that night no matter what the outcome? Do you think it was an accident or a conspiracy?
Her family accept it was an avoidable accident but an accident never the less and it's about time people left it where it belongs, in the past.
Nobody thinks about the affect this may have on her children after all they are only human and have feelings like the rest of us.

johno
03-Mar-07, 15:38
it certainly was sad the way diana died and i dont think all the enquiery,s in the world will change the fact that had she been wearing a seat belt she[ and dodi] would probably be alive today. her body guard who was in the worst possible seat [ the front passenger] survived. i myself personally think that the whole episode should be left in peace.
:~(

horseman
03-Mar-07, 18:54
Shame to say the least,but have failed to see how that head banger can still go on about all the conspiriciey theories.

I know full and well there are two sides to all views,but a hundred miles an hour accident in these given circumstances seems fairly clear cut to me.

As I started off with, a damm crying shame for all concerned.

badger
03-Mar-07, 19:59
Her family accept it was an avoidable accident but an accident never the less and it's about time people left it where it belongs, in the past.
Nobody thinks about the affect this may have on her children after all they are only human and have feelings like the rest of us.

I agree, it's her children I feel sorry for. Every time her name comes up in the press or there's yet another tv programme, I wonder how the people writing about her would feel if someone kept dredging up stuff about a mother they had loved and lost. Those boys were at a very vulnerable age when she died and it must be a nightmare to have to keep reliving it. Can't believe it's doing Al Fayed any good either - pity he can't let go but I suppose if he really believes his son was murdered then it's hard for him. He should think about what his son would have wanted and I'm sure that's not to see the children of the woman he loved put through this over and over again.

JAWS
04-Mar-07, 00:57
The one thing which makes the whole idea of the accident having been set up is the fact that it happened in France.

For it to have been an assassination would mean that the French Government, Law Enforcement Agencies and Courts would have to be complicit in a cover-up. I simply cannot think of any advantage France could gain from allowing itself to become involved. In fact I cannot see that any Country would want to put itself in that position.

To risk setting such a thing up in another Country without them being aware would be far too risky because it would be reliant on that the authorities in that Country being so stupid that they would never discover what had been done.

The French might be awkward and self centred but they certainly aren't stupid. For them to allow themselves to become involved would mean they would have everything to lose and absolutely nothing to gain and there is no way the French Public would accept that sort of behaviour.

By holding an Inquest here what we are in effect doing is sitting in judgement on the French Judicial System.

j4bberw0ck
04-Mar-07, 01:55
Anagrams removed by request.

Thanks to http://wordsmith.org/anagram/topical.html

badger
04-Mar-07, 11:45
Reply removed in response.

Rheghead
04-Mar-07, 14:20
Not funny. Tragic death shouldn't be made mock of - I don't know if you have family but how would you feel if someone you loved and lost was the butt of jokes for years after? Hysterectomy isn't funny either, even for a woman past child-bearing. These are real people with real feelings and they are easy game because they can't defend themselves.

What we do in life echoes on in eternity.

I have been the butt of jokes all my life, I give as much back as I get, I rather like it. I'd be mortified to think it would stop after I die.

Similiarly, Diana gave as much back as she got, she wasn't a saint either. Anyone that takes the poisoned thistle of fame has to put up with the public scrutiny, because if you think that after you die then you are elevated to sainthood and you are immune then you are severely mistaken. Just my opinion.

brandy
04-Mar-07, 17:06
now here is a question,
say that the inquest did go thru.. and what has been accused was proved..
(all in theory here) and that charles and philip were charged with her murder.. or at least the order for her death.
what would happen?
would they be subject to the same laws and regulations as anyone else?
would they go to prison?
are they untouchable so to speak?
it would be nice to know if our royals are subject to the same laws as us.
PS.. before the secret service shows up at my door..
im not accusing.. just speculating,, *Grins*

Kaishowing
04-Mar-07, 18:09
now here is a question,
say that the inquest did go thru.. and what has been accused was proved..
(all in theory here) and that charles and philip were charged with her murder.. or at least the order for her death.
what would happen?
would they be subject to the same laws and regulations as anyone else?
would they go to prison?
are they untouchable so to speak?
it would be nice to know if our royals are subject to the same laws as us.
PS.. before the secret service shows up at my door..
im not accusing.. just speculating,, *Grins*

It is utterly impossible for the sitting head of the Royal Family to be prosecuted in civil or criminal courts under any law.
Because of the way the British legal system is set up, (tried by a jury of your peers) it makes it impossible for a regular court to sit over such proceedings.
Aside from that, as all legal authority within the UK comes from The Crown, it's illegal to use the power of The Crown against the current holder.
I know that seems full of contradictions, but it's true nontheless.

-By the way, just as well that you said you weren't accusing outright, as it turns out that (under a very old law) it's a clear case of treason to do so.:lol:

However in the past, ruling monarchs HAVE been tried, but by past precedent it must be by the 'Lords Spiritual' or by Parliament itself.

If a sitting monarch did commit murder, then Parliament would have to pass a bill to cover such circumstances....BUT would that same monarch sign such a bill ratifying the new law?
There's a question!;)

The rest of the Royal family can and have been prosecuted in the past.

badger
04-Mar-07, 18:18
What we do in life echoes on in eternity.

I have been the butt of jokes all my life, I give as much back as I get, I rather like it. I'd be mortified to think it would stop after I die.

Similiarly, Diana gave as much back as she got, she wasn't a saint either. Anyone that takes the poisoned thistle of fame has to put up with the public scrutiny, because if you think that after you die then you are elevated to sainthood and you are immune then you are severely mistaken. Just my opinion.

That's the difference - you can give as much as you get. Diana can't and neither can her sons. They seem to be fair game for the gutter press and are generally unable to defend themselves.