PDA

View Full Version : Facebook news feed.

2little2late
02-Apr-14, 21:55
Does anyone else have problems with Facebook? I can no longer view my new feed. Every time I log into Facebook I do not get my news feed. Home page is blank and when I open my notifications just get the circle spinning. I have contacted Fb about the issue as I guess it is only something that can be sorted by their tech support. The same is happening with one of my friends in the app. Words with friends. Spinning circle all the time and the game won't load. Running Windows 8 btw and browser is Google chrome. Had no issues at all with Chrome. Although am getting very pee'd of with Windows 8.

Thanks in advance.

Caithness Computers
03-Apr-14, 12:23
Hello! This is a pretty common issue. It's usually an issue with your specific facebook account and so you did the right thing by contacting their support, but occasionally it's caused by Chrome. The quickest way to check this is to clear the history and cache, here's how:

Click the Chrome menu https://storage.googleapis.com/support-kms-prod/SNP_9721C573E41777FBA43E1498AD084E3B160C_2696434_e n_v2 on the browser toolbar.
Select Tools.
Select Clear browsing data.
In the dialogue that appears, select all the tickboxes except for Passwords and Autofill.
Use the menu at the top to select beginning of time to delete everything.
Click Clear browsing data.

2little2late
03-Apr-14, 19:07
Thanks, but I clear browsing data every time I start chrome and it's still the same.

Caithness Computers
03-Apr-14, 19:38
Thanks, but I clear browsing data every time I start chrome and it's still the same.
I imagine it will be an issue with your facebook account then. One quick way to check is ask somebody to log into their account on your computer; if it works it's definitely your account that's at fault, in which case it's a job for facebook support. Sorry it's not the answer you were looking for!