PDA

View Full Version : Caithness Indoor Skate Park

gary.b
02-Apr-14, 11:05
Anyone heard if there's been any progress with the new skate park at Murkle, it's all gone a bit quiet since in got the go ahead from the council back in January?

Beaniem2b
14-Jul-14, 22:56
I didnt know it had been given approved. according to my neighbour, who works for the council, a concrete park is to be built at the site of the old wooden ramps in wick in the next year or so. maybe this is what he meant though havent heard anything else...

Fran
15-Jul-14, 19:18
I've been wondering too. Planning permission was given for ice skating rink, restaurant and other things.

concerned resident
18-Jul-14, 08:24
Last i heard they were having trouble finding funding, probably funding hard to get due to the poor economy and depopulation of Caithness.

Beaniem2b
21-Jul-14, 22:00
as far as im aware, most of the existing skateparks in Scotland were mainly paid for through community projects, lottery funding grants etc and local charity event-sort of things. Is there even really much of a skateboard/bmx community in Caithness? I started skateboarding again a couple of months ago after about 10 years out of the game, and so far I have only heard of a small handful of skaters up here. Would be interesting to find out if there's actually any demand for a new park!

Beaniem2b
09-Aug-14, 23:23
Rumour has it that a concrete half-pipe is being built in wick at the moment, anyone else heard about this? Anyone know if its true or just hearsay?

plutonio
11-Aug-14, 22:08
Rumour has it that a concrete half-pipe is being built in wick at the moment, anyone else heard about this? Anyone know if its true or just hearsay? The concrete half pipe is well under way in Wick.

Beaniem2b
12-Sep-14, 19:07
Anyone know if the new wick skatepark is completed yet?

Bill Fernie
13-Sep-14, 14:03
The skateboard park is up and running in the Grizzly Park, Wick. It has a variety of ramps around a smooth concrete surface are. See a few photos of the park taken on a misty Saturday morning today - http://www.caithness.org/atoz/wick/photogallery/index.php?gallery=108&start=0

Fran
14-Sep-14, 01:02
Its an ice rink that's being built at murkle